What's the general consensus on rick and morty?

What's the general consensus on rick and morty?

I watched a few episodes and it's quite decent, although I don't want to become a fan because how much normalfags praise this shit like it were the best thing ever, goddamn if I don't hate normalfags.

REDDIT AND MEMEY

Reddit likes it, so you're not allowed to like it.

Reddit likes Pepe, yet people on this site still post that stupid frog.

Why do you care what they think?

Its pretty good, I enjoyed it. usually some good laughs per episode, fags got mad about it for some reason.

The guy is clearly making fun of the attitude towards the show displayed in the first response to the thread.

If you care about people opinions to the point of not consuming things you enjoy because the wrong people also like it you are the most pathetic kind of faggot.

I've only seen the first season. I wasn't really a fan. They have an interesting concept with the whole alternate worlds/weird sci-fi thing, but it just isn't my kind of humor.

It's good shit, fuck the meme tier stuff of 'tiny Rick'.

>I can't enjoy a thing because other people also enjoy that thing

It's just a generic meme machine that constantly spouts psuedo-intellectual quotes about how life sucks and everyone is useless, because teenagers and losers eat that shit up. It can be funny, but it uses the same jokes too much and loses most of it's edge when it tries to make you feel sad for the shitty characters five episodes in a row.

>not being normal

Why do you care about the fanbase?

As long as YOU aren't one of the faggots, you're fine

Was good the first couple of episodes before reddit took over and they stopped making fun of minorities

your life would be so much simpler if you'd stop being such a contrarian and just enjoy what you want.

If the first few episodes were "quite decent", then I think you'll enjoy the rest of the show.

>a R&M fag is a contrarian asshole
You're home, user.

I enjoyed it until this shit happened.

dropped it like a burning coal

why?

>Because le epic Sup Forums fag lovez bein nazi XDDXDXD
Its a fag being edgy

>I don't want to become a fan because how much normalfags praise this shit
So you're a hipster

I love it, but as far as funny-but-sad shows that are currently on, I think Bojack Horseman is objectively better.

But that was funny as fuck. Why are you such a raging faggot?

I like it.

I really liked Season 1. It felt fresh at the time. Season 2, however, wasn't as remarkable for me.

I love that stupid bitch Jerry.

I haven't seen much of the fanbase, but the show never struck me as being very quotable due to how the characters' habit of rambling.

Sup Forumstard got triggered.

Genuinely like it when it's depressive existential sci-fi humor.

Not a huge fan when it goes for gross-out shock humor.

It tries very, very, very hard

And fails

Unless you're the kind of "person" with "that" sense of "humor"

I hear normalfags like breathing air...

It's good, the only place i ever hear complaints is Sup Forums
And thats because people on redit like it. Oooh thats so fucking bad. Fuck off.

>normalfag

I see this tossed around alot, so, what exactly qualifies you as a normalfag??

I think it's really good, not as good as everyone praises it to be, but it is good.

I wish it wasn't on adult swim though, those damn adult swim hiatuses...

I like it, but I can tell from the quality of the last season and the length of time it's taking for the next one to come out that it's as good as cancelled already.

You can like it without being a "fan" because being a fan of anything sucks. Plus I don't think it really has a fanbase outside of the "REDDIT" crowd.

>BoJack Horseman
Capitalize that 'J', dawg.

Isn't adult swim infamous for long hiatuses inbetween seasons of their cartoons though??

CC in general, yeah, it has a considerable reputation for ruining everything it touches.

Good but way overrated.

I'm not sure if it's getting cancelled just yet; if you exclude Macfarlaneshit it's the first successful "brand" [as] has had in, like, forever.

Does this mean we can expect Rick and Morty for 100 years and a movie?

though, the only reason it'd last a hundred years is due to hiatus

Anyone who doesn't have a significant social disorder or extremely obsessive about one particular aspect of their life is a normalfag. It's a self depreciating way of differentiating oneself from the general public.

Not even. He is just newfag pretending to be triggered in a vain attempt to fit in.

I think Morty's cute and that Roiland should introduce a Kaworu-esque character for him only for the character to die in the most violent ways to traumatize Morty even more.

Let your stupid prejudices keep you away from a great show then. You're a fucking proud Aspie idiot.

This, really
Just watch the fucking cartoon

It has some episodes which are on the level of Futurama's average episode. But the rest are complete and utter trash like the alternate TV episode. When they stop trying, God you can tell they really have no fucking ideas left for the series and stopped giving a fuck to try their best.

>I don't want to become a fan because how much normalfags praise this shit
>goddamn if I don't hate normalfags
No John, you are the normalfags.

>Excuse me, I have to check the consensus before I form my own opinion
>On an anonymous image board
>About a show on cable television

Writing is good half the time.
The visuals just fucking annoy more than anything. It's like in every scene they went: "Where can we shove a cock and/or balls into her" type attitude and just annoyed the hell out of me.

>I Validate myself by validating others
>By establishing a baseline I hope to set the trending consensus
>I am happy to think for those who can not think for themselves

Not sure why they'd cancel it, rating wise it's doing better than anything else on their network?

>Sup Forums user
>liking the current degenerates mascaraing as nazis
pick one faggot and fucked off.

Sup Forums memes aside, I actually genuinely really disliked the sequence, and the resolution to the plot arc.

It's hard to put into words why, but, it just felt so, I dunno, self-congratulatory? I honestly would have enjoyed it a lot more if Mr Needful had just gotten away with everything in the end and Summer learned a lesson about people being assholes. The whole "they get buff and beat him up" thing just left a sour taste in my mouth, moreso than I would have thought, and then this sequence was basically just a weird, drawn out, celebration of that scene that I already disliked.

>dropped it like burning coal
>Sup Forums hates coal burners
heh.

because Hitler did nothing wrong

all Jews must be gassed and turned into soap

This. What exactly did that guy do? Crime of weird fashion sense? I thought we weren't allowed to tell people how to dress up anymore

BITCH PLEASE!!!

I really really like X gon give it to ya as well, it's really weird that I don't like the scene so much.

A normalfag is an autist who pretends he's not for social status.

Any Updates on season 3?
Would love to know
they said it will air this year but i don't think this will happen

Don't judge a show on its fanbase.

I didn't see the show until 3 weeks ago, I liked the first few so much I watched it all the way through in under a week.

It is a pretty good show and I really enjoyed it.

Judge it on its own merit, instead of what you've heard other people say about it.

>Rick is staring down at Summer's tits.

I agree with you 100%, this scene was retarded and the show would have been better off without it.

Watch the fucking 'toon and stop being a faggot, it literally makes no difference if reddit likes it or not.

Yes.

And for bringing old shows back from the dead.

See: Space Ghost, or Furi Kuri "FLCL"

First season of FLCL was 10 or so years ago, new season coming out soon.

That's already happened though.

It's intended to be ridiculously gratuitous. It's a fucking joke about ridiculous revenge fantasies.

he's looking at her face,

draw a line from the center of his eyes to his pupils.

Damn Morty's mouth is dangerously close to summer's NIPPLES

COULD BE SOME SERIOUS SUCKING GOING ON

The Purge episode rhymes with that pretty well, to think of it.

>Justifying the weakest episodes of either season with "Lol, it was intentional, guise! That's makes it funny! You should just chill EccsDee!"

Generic AS fare
A 6/10 with only a few stand out moments

Look as someone that when given the choice I'd rather be myself and considered odd rather than act the way that's "normal" that doesn't preclude overlapping tastes, actions, or beliefs.

Fuck expectations and posturing, enjoy what you like. Just remember to enjoy the product and ignore annoying fandoms if they exist