Why is no one talking about this? Best movie of the year so far in my opinion. Fantastic setting and atmosphere

Why is no one talking about this? Best movie of the year so far in my opinion. Fantastic setting and atmosphere

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NIg0OXKcynQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

didn't get a wide release

big fan of all of Taylor Sheridan's movies though so I'm looking forward to seeing this

>Why is no one talking about this?

Because Sup Forums only whines about movies, no other kind of discussion allowed

What is Hawkeye and Scarlet witch doing?

The screener's out, I thought Sup Forums would be all over it
Good point

every gunshot was like a hit to the chest. fuck were they loud. great film

It was a really good film, but the message at the end seemed rather out of place. Other than that, that final scene was great.

THIS IS AVENGERS: ACT EDITION

LITERALLY THE ONLY TWO DECENT ACTORS IN THE MCU, MAYBE ALSO BETTANY

WE TALKED ABOUT IT WHEN IT RELEASED IN THEATER, IS THE BLURAY OUT ALREADY? SEEMS TOO SOON

Should I watch the KoreanRIp or wait?

Because shitposting and memeing is a teenage thing.

Its not a perfect film, but as you said, its the best film this year.

Leave the thread dude, there's no real twist but there is a scene you do not want to have read about beforehand.

Yeah, a more general overview of the problems of reservations would've been a better idea, honestly it just made me think "Why do they collect statistics on the men if not the women?"

Meh

No one is talking about it because its a dull procedural with mailed in performances. The setting is the only good thing. Of course the killers are white males because he is too much of a coward to portray an indian in a negative light.

>Of course the killers are white males because he is too much of a coward to portray an indian in a negative light.
Can you please contain yourself for one fucking thread? Why don't you go shitpost about Colbert or something?

HAHA SHUT UP KEK

Its not a shitpost its a legitimate criticism. The director is playing it safe and farming diversity points. Its particularly obvious in this film and degrades any artisitic integrity the movie had.

>He ignores that one of the rapist is a native American
>He ignores the guy who pepper sprays the FBI agent
>He ignores the other 2 natives who are druggies
>He ignores the fact that this is about a murder, not his political views

Next thing youll go on a rant how natives are better off now that us Europeans came over.

Stay where you belong.

>bitch ex-wife
>mom who falls apart and starts cutting herself
>asshole dad who goads Olsen into barging in on said mom
>3x drug addicts, one tries to murder an FBI agent, one is mentioned to have been getting a good education and then threw it all away
Bite me cunt, find somewhere else to shitpost or at least watch the fucking movie first.

>Why is no one talking about this?
No torrent yet, shill.

You forgot that one of the rapists/murderers is a native American.

>Next thing youll go on a rant how natives are better off now that us Europeans came over.

Psh. They were clearly better off living in teepees and warring with other tribes while having zero infrastructure or barely-above-primitive technology.

What a terrible world they live in now.

Why is Sup Forums this easy to bait? Is it intellectual insecurity?

just watched it
really fucking liked it.

it's not amazing (frame rate kinda shit, hardsubs)
but it's not that bad.
if this movie's on your list you can pretty safely check out the korsub with no real regrets imo.

There is, if you can tolerate Korean subs

>tfw done with work early a few days ago
>check the movie theater to see what's playing
>It's not my hometown and this theater is much larger, and has much more films
>See Wind River
>End up watching it in a room of 600 chairs with only 6 people attending
>Movie is good
One of the most comfy theater experiences tbf

I find this to be far more effective

Only thing that kind of bothered me is how quick they solved the story. I was all into it and then they just show a flashback of what happened

>tfw no qt injun gf

>show a flashback of what happened
yeah it seems like they thought of it as the quickest way to introduce

Well surely it was also mean to catch you off guard. The transition is meant to make you think it's the guy who isn't answering the door

>when you hit submit before finishing your thought

meant to say it seems like they thought of it as the quickest way to introduce the killer to not have his appearance be just confusing but it did kind of cut off the whole murder-mystery thread at the knees

Best performance tbf

Yeah, Should have had maybe 15 to 20 more minutes before that, it would really elevate the movie from an 8 to a 9 to me

Yeah, he was pretty good.
As was the Indian police chief.

youtu.be/NIg0OXKcynQ
there's multiple threads up right now

To be fair the entire cast was good, though I have my doubts with that Pete guy.

Yeah, this one, and the one that talks more about Taylor Sheridan than the movie

>whole murder-mystery
Is it really a murder-mystery though?
There wasn't exactly much mystery for you to think through, and you pretty much know who the killers are before the flashback.
If anything the flashback just clears the name of a certain character.

>is it really a murder mystery
I guess the answer to that is pretty much no, it had a bit of the feel of one for a while though, and I've got a soft-spot for the genre so it turning out to not be one got me a little

but yeah, it was successful at what it set out to be. And I've still got The Snowman to look forward to

God I wanted to fuck Lizzie in the middle of that blizzard

very nice use of style, similar to sicario by the same makers. Tense, shiny slice of life.
I went in knowing nothing about it and was very drawn in. I had the shittiest front row seat in the theater and after 15 minutes I didn't notice it.

any screeners without korean subs?

>The Snowman
I haven't heard of this, looks promising

I had a shitty front-row seat for Saw three and it really put me in the movie in that it made me want to fucking kill myself.

I didn't watch this because the title ruined the ending for me, who wants to watch a movie where the driver is sure to win?

had to read it twice

Redcorn

Good but something was just missing to be great
Wish I could put my finger on it

Would have been best without it

please watch this in the cinema

Why did the oil rig crew start shooting in the first place? Couldn't they have just pretended to not know anything about the murder etc.

>Korean subs

>its a legitimate criticism

Are you saying whites don't commit more crime than anyone else in Wyoming?

any good english subtitles out there?

their whole plan was to kill them when they came, that's why they left the other guy behind in the trailer and when FBI knocked on the door dude loudly proclaimed "THERE'S AN FBI AGENT HERE RIGHT AT THE DOOR"

they knew they were done, the trailer was an obvious crime scene, they were all visibly beat to shit, and two people were missing who they obviously had knowledge of but would have to either destroy or deny access to tapes. It seemed like they wanted to kill them earlier but it too quickly turned into a mexican standoff so they had to rely on their plan.

Wasn't impressed by this film:

- Way too many monologues that drag down the pacing. Jeremy Renner can't emote well, making the dialogue seem even more forced. It's also hard to believe that a guy who just lost his daughter would want to sit down and listen to someone wax poetic about life, especially after telling a woman to fuck off.

- The female cop character was mostly useless. I get that she was sort of a second chance for Renner to protect someone but she barely held her own in every situation, did little to advance the plot and just went along with everything. It feels like she exists just to have an "outside perspective" of the situation (much like the audience), which is a lazy form of exposition.

- The subject matter could've been much darker considering how fucked up homicides are on reservations. A woman being raped and dying outside isn't exactly shocking anymore, even if you extend the act in gratuitous detail.

- Some action sequences are alright, but too brief. The best is probably when she's clearing out the trailer while partially blind--gave me Silence of the Lambs vibes. The chase sequence at the end lacks tension because you know exactly what was going to happen. Also the *teleport behind you* was cheesy as fuck.

- Overall: doesn't do drama or action particularly well, Renner is not that good at acting, was too shallow to address the themes of recurring violence, lack of reporting and dealing with loss/revenge.

it genuinely reads more like you've just become blaze on the genre user, come back to it in a few years to find joy in it again

I can't disagree with you on any points, I just like the trappings

>The screener's out, I thought Sup Forums would be all over it
i download a shit load of movies, but this one is worth seeing in cinema, just to support it

this

That standoff was like a joke poked at running cliche "I'm FBI we're taking over"

lost it when LEMME ASK U SOMETHING showed up