/got/ - GoT General

Daario edition
Last thread

Hi /got/ rate my fanart

Azor Petyr

>Edd, fetch me a block

>Catelyn was thinking of her girls, wondering if she would ever see them again, when the Greatjon lurched to his feet.
>“MY LORDS!” he shouted, his voice booming off the rafters. “Here is what I say to these two kings!” He spat. “ Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither. Why should they rule over me and mine, from some flowery seat in Highgarden or Dorne? What do they know of the Wall or the wolfswood or the barrows of the First Men? Even their gods are wrong. The Others take the Lannisters too, I’ve had a bellyful of them.” He reached back over his shoulder and drew his immense two-handed greatsword. “Why shouldn’t we rule ourselves again? It was the dragons we married, and the dragons are all dead!” He pointed at Robb with the blade. “There sits the only king I mean to bow my knee to, m’lords,” he thundered. “The King in the North!”
>And he knelt, and laid his sword at her son’s feet.
>“I’ll have peace on those terms,” Lord Karstark said. “They can keep their red castle and their iron chair as well.” He eased his longsword from its scabbard. “The King in the North!” he said, kneeling beside the Greatjon.
>Maege Mormont stood. “The King of Winter!” she declared, and laid her spiked mace beside the swords. And the river lords were rising too, Blackwood and Bracken and Mallister, houses who had never been ruled from Winterfell, yet Catelyn watched them rise and draw their blades,
bending their knees and shouting the old words that had not been heard in the realm for more than three hundred years, since Aegon the Dragon had come to make the Seven Kingdoms one... yet now were heard again, ringing from the timbers of her father’s hall:
>“The King in the North!”
>“The King in the North!”
>“THE KING IN THE NORTH!”

Better Others than the show/10

Imagine DomericXLyanna. The perfect First Man supergene combo.

>tfw Boltons are vampires
>tfw Starks are werewolves

Dany :3

>shit on the Seven in front of riverlords
Stay classy Greatjon.

Best Face of god coming through

That's one of the moments that seems really cool when it happens, but is a huge mistake in the hindsight, just like Barristan arresting Hizdahr, or Daenerys flying away on Drogon

Those are his cousin wives you mong.

choses the one religion in planetos that cannot be proven that exists

>quiet and shy
>loved horse riding
>had the makings of a tourney champion

Domeric could've led House Bolton to greatness

>tfw your religion's only notable achievement is mass illegal immigration

aaggghhh...

>freys are the only ones with sense and urge Robb to not make a move until every other side reveals their cards
>they're called craven because of it
>later stannis refuses to work with starks because robb is declared king
Everything from Ned's decision to act passively against Cersei to the Northerners decision to rush into action, it's such a catastrophe.

then witch one is mine also checked

*dooms your house*

Maybe I'm a faggot, but I liked Cat's speech prior to this, so the whole proclamation felt like a kick in the balls.
>“My lords,” she said then, “Lord Eddard was your liege, but I shared his bed and bore his children. Do you think I love him any less than you?” Her voice almost broke with her grief, but Catelyn took a long breath and steadied herself. “Robb, if that sword could bring him back, I should never let you sheathe it until Ned stood at my side once more ... but he is gone, and a hundred Whispering Woods will not change that. Ned is gone, and Daryn Hornwood, and Lord Karstark’s valiant sons, and many other good men besides, and none of them will return to us. Must we have more deaths still?”
>“You are a woman, my lady,” the Greatjon rumbled in his deep voice. “Women do not understand these things.”
>“You are the gentle sex,” said Lord Karstark, with the lines of grief fresh on his face. “A man has a need for vengeance.”
>“Give me Cersei Lannister, Lord Karstark, and you would see how gentle a woman can be,” Catelyn replied. “Perhaps I do not understand tactics and strategy ... but I understand futility. We went to war when Lannister armies were ravaging the riverlands, and Ned was a prisoner, falsely accused of treason. We fought to defend ourselves, and to win my lord’s freedom. “Well, the one is done, and the other forever beyond our reach. I will mourn for Ned until the end of my days, but I must think of the living. I want my daughters back, and the queen holds them still. If I must trade our four Lannisters for their two Starks, I will call that a bargain and thank the gods. I want you safe, Robb, ruling at Winterfell from your father’s seat. I want you to live your life, to kiss a girl and wed a woman and father a son. I want to write an end to this. I want to go home, my lords, and weep for my husband.”

Analyse my dream, /got/

>King’s Landing. Jaime and Cersei are naked in a hot tub together. They’re arguing about something
>Outside, there’s a small private beach. The ocean is calm
>Jaime goes outside and starts to autistically skim stones across the water like he’s deep in thought
>Brienne arrives and tries to talk to Cersei about the army of the dead etc. Cersei looks at Jaime with desire and says something like “he’s such a handsome fool.” Says to Brienne, you’re just an idiot
>Cersei gets out of the tub and walks to the beach. She picks up a stone and holds it but doesn’t skim
>Next
>Euron has grown a full beard. He’s north of King’s Landing. There’s the same blue shade to everything
>Somebody asks Euron if he meant to ally with Cersei or if he was playing her, to which Euron replies that it was the latter. There are one or two other shadowy figures with him
>Next
>In KL, someone is having a wedding in a garden. The NK has destroyed the wall at Eastwatch. A masked sellsword comes up behind Cersei and slits her throat and leaves her to slowly bleed out. Somebody hugs her
>Next
>Cersei has developed some Lady Stoneheart-like qualities. She can barely speak and she has a large mark on her neck. Jaime is there
>Cersei tells Jaime that she hates him for leaving. They’re in a bedroom together but he’s the only one on the bed. He tries to reach her, I think he’s crying? She backs away into a corner

>Olly, get me my sword
>'NAILED IT'

>I liked Cat's

yup, youz a faggot

>“You said the words,” Pyp reminded him. “Now my watch begins, you said it. It shall not end until my death. “
>“I shall live and die at my post, “ Grenn added, nodding.
>“You don’t have to tell me the words, I know them as well as you do.” He was angry now. Why couldn’t they let him go in peace? They were only making it harder.
>“I am the sword in the darkness, “ Halder intoned.
>“The watcher on the walls, “ piped Toad.
>Jon cursed them all to their faces. They took no notice. Pyp spurred his horse closer, reciting, “I am the fire that Burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the hom that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. “
>“Stay back,” Jon warned him, brandishing his sword. “I mean it, Pyp.” They weren’t even wearing armor, he could cut them to pieces if he had to.
>Matthar had circled behind him. He joined the chorus. “I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch. “
>Jon kicked his mare, spinning her in a circle. The boys were all around him now, closing from every side.
>“For this night Halder trotted in from the left...
>... and all the nights to come, “ finished Pyp. He reached over for Jon’s reins. “So here are your choices. Kill me, or come back with me.”
>Jon lifted his sword... and lowered it, helpless. “Damn you,” he said. “Damn you all.”

Based Pyp.

Yes, "Why not peace" speech is really powerful, but Ellaria's "Where does it end" in AFFC blows it ouf of the water.

>“A start?” said Ellaria Sand, incredulous. “Gods forbid. I would it were a finish. Tywin Lannister is dead. So are Robert Baratheon, Amory Lorch, and now Gregor Clegane, all those who had a hand in murdering Elia and her children. Even Joffrey, who was not yet born when Elia died. I saw the boy perish with mine own eyes, clawing at his throat as he tried to draw a breath. Who else is there to kill? Do Myrcella and Tommen need to die so the shades of Rhaenys and Aegon can be at rest? Where does it end?”
>"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"

>Son
>"What is it father?"
>I have heard queer tales of late
>"What tales father?"
>They say that you have committed no rapes whatsoever amongst the smallfolk since you have grown to manhood
>This is unacceptable

Greatjon was unironically the one to doom the North, from how shit he treated his son, to declaring Robb king.

Now it go Robb dead and is about to get Stannis dead too

Stop greentexting

would you let Cersei put a finger in your asshole ?

Not empowered enough desu.

>Stop greentexting

Has Daario = Euron theory been disproven at this point?

While her heart is in the right place, ironically she is the one who made that peace impossible by taking Tyrion captive. It was an impulsive decision, and even a worse one to take him to the Eyrie instead of Winterfell. I'm pretty sure until word reached Casterly Rock and riders were sent forth, they would be able to reach the Neck, and after that they're practically safe. If they had both the brothers, maybe a peace could have been brokered between Lannisters and Starks, assuming of course Cersei could keep Joffrey under control and not let Eddard get executed.

someone post the game of thrones edits of these memes

>how shit he treated his son

When did he ever treat his son like shit?

Yes. Euron is raiding the Reach, recently taken the Shields, while Daario is in Meereen at the same time. This theory was kinda plausible back when we could assume that Euron was lying about sailing to the Reach, but it's just impossible now.

By the way, even before Forsaken, something seriously bugged me. Why would Euron even bother to pretend to be Dario? Why not just woo Dany as himself? Daenerys is attracted to Dario's bloodthirstiness, to his violent nature, all of which Euron has got in spades, not to him being a mercenary captain - in fact, being a sellsword is why Dany doesn't want to marry him, it would be politically inconvenient. But if Euron is the heir to Iron Islands. That's a whole other deal.

>from how shit he treated his son
Why don't I remember this? Smalljon seemed like an ok lad until he got killed in RW.

We do not know if Daario is still in Mereen, the theory still stands.

That's not stupid really, faith in The Seven is largely harmless in practice
There's a theme in the book that magic is always dangerous and unpredictable, to the user too. The Seven stands for some decent values, gives everone a patron/deity to pray to and doesn't give access to magic. A perfect religion for the smallfolk

The only time I really had my doubts that "Euron = Daario" wasn't true was when Daenerys had a dream that Daario was kissing her with "cold blue lips".

It seems like a bit of a hint but there are holes in the theory, certainly.

The timeline just doesn't work. Daario kept coming and leaving Meereen, while Euron was on the other side of the world, reaving.

>Robert took his hand, fingers squeezing hard. “You are... such a bad liar, Ned Stark,” he said through his pain. “The realm... the realm knows... what a wretched king I’ve been. Bad as Aerys, the gods spare me.”
>“No,” Ned told his dying friend, “not so bad as Aerys, Your Grace. Not near so bad as Aerys.”
>Robert managed a weak red smile. “At the least, they will say... this last thing... this I did right. You won’t fail me. You’ll rule now. You’ll hate it, worse than I did... but you’ll do well. Are you done with the scribbling?”
>“Yes, Your Grace.” Ned offered Robert the paper. The king scrawled his signature blindly, leaving a smear of blood across the letter. “The seal should be witnessed.”
>“Serve the boar at my funeral feast,” Robert rasped. “Apple in its mouth, skin seared crisp. Eat the bastard. Don’t care if you choke on him. Promise me, Ned.”

this is nice

W A R L O C K S
A
R
L
O
C
K
S

Its showfag thing.

>Cue the illiterate faggots reeeing about /lit/ and "elitist bookfags"

EYEF SEEN DA NOIGH KING

based danyposter

>“He will not cross,” Ned promised. “And if by some mischance he does, we will throw him back into the sea. Once you choose a new Warden of the East-”
>The king groaned. “For the last time, I will not name the Arryn boy Warden. I know the boy is your nephew, but with Targaryens climbing in bed with Dothraki, I would be mad to rest one quarter of the realm on the shoulders of a sickly child.”
>Ned was ready for that. “Yet we still must have a Warden of the East. If Robert Arryn will not do, name one of your brothers. Stannis proved himself at the siege of Storm’s End, surely.”
>He let the name hang there for a moment. The king frowned and said nothing. He looked uncomfortable.
>“That is,” Ned finished quietly, watching, “unless you have already promised the honor to another.”
>For a moment Robert had the grace to look startled. Just as quickly, the look became annoyance. “What if I have?”
>“It’s Jaime Lannister, is it not?”
>Robert kicked his horse back into motion and started down the ridge toward the barrows. Ned kept pace with him. The king rode on, eyes straight ahead. “Yes,” he said at last. A single hard word to end the matter.

What the fuck was this? Was Robert really going to name Jaime as Warden of the east? A knight of the Kingsguard from the west who by law holds no lands and titles? What was George thinking when he wrote this? Shit like this makes AGoT the weakest book in the series.

Warden is basically an honorary title in peacetime, and that's what the Lannisters wanted - titles and shit. And Robert is in a fuckton of debt to them.

STOP GREENTEXTING

It's called "early installment weirdness". Notice how after AGOT, wardens never come up. They are a huge deal according to Ned, but it turns out to be only a honorary title that doesn't matter - lords gather banners and each commands their own troops.

The first book had some weird parts, before certain facts about the world and character traits were fully established. The writing was fairly shaky compared to its followers as well.

WE WUZ WARDENS AND SHIIIIITE

Warden of the south is such a useless title

>G
>T
>F
>O

AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

DEAD GENERAL YOU GET OUT

Remember how direwolves get mad at Tyrion for no reason? It's because in the original pitch of the books (back when Jaime was the main villain, Jon married Arya and it was a trilogy), Tyrion was supposed to burn down Winterfell instead of Theon.

Why was tyrion a nigger?

Ashara Dayne
>[ X ] Love!
>[ ] Hate!

>Crow’s Eye said, “A king must have a wife, to give him heirs. Brother, I have need of you. Will you go to Slaver’s Bay and bring my love to me?”
>I had a love once too. Victarion’s hands coiled into fists, and a drop of blood fell to patter on the floor. I should beat you raw and red and feed you to the crabs, the same as I did her. >“You have sons,” he told his brother.
>“Baseborn mongrels, born of whores and weepers.”
>“They are of your body.”
>“So are the contents of my chamber pot. None is fit to sit the Seastone Chair, much less the Iron Throne. No, to make an heir that’s worthy of him, I need a different woman. When the kraken weds the dragon, brother, let all the world beware.”

Who is "Him"?

Because Lannisters are kangz

The Seastone Chair.

>kangz of the rock
>the rock is a prison

POETRY

I really don't understand why Euron sends Victarion to fetch him Daenerys instead of going there himself. He even trusts him with the Dragonbinder. Is he stupid? Does he not know that Victarion hates him?

Reminder that Tywin wanted to drown Tyrion

He probably has some convoluted plan. Perhaps he knows Victarion will try to marry/carry her off, and that she will likely have him killed for it. Then she'll have his fleet to sail back to Westeros where Euron will be.

Fuck if I know.

>he even trusts his with the dragonbinder

Its a trap you idiot. Anyone who blows Dragonbinder dies. He wants Victarion to use it, then swoop in and take the dragons for himself

The horn probably has some dark side effects in addition to the killing of the blower .

how would that work though? Victorian blows it, dragons are binded to him, he dies, ????, profit? Why would the dragons not just go back to dany?

I believe that being a warden means you're a commander of the armies of the said region. Not that you rule the lands.

>He wants Victarion to use it, then swoop in and take the dragons for himself

But he tells Victarion that the man who blew it died. If he wanted Victarion to kill himself by blowing it, he likely wouldn't have let him know that doing so would roast your lungs. Sure enough Victarion chooses three nobodies to blow it for him.

i'm curious on why victiorian think the dragons will bind to him and not one of the three nobodies who actually blow the horn.

>We will kill them all
>Weak men will never rule Dorne again
Based D&D, turning simpering housewives into strong women worthy of respect.

he just needs to get rid of victarion, what better way to do it than to send him to a warzone on the other side of the world

either that or he had a vision of the future which showed him that sending vic on the quest leads to some outcome he wants. maybe he wants moqorro for some reason

We wuz wardens of the East indeed

Im assuming the dragons are binded to the horn or he just wants to see if it actually works

Victarion is autistic enough to not believe that though. iirc he ponders on if to blow it or not because he doesnt know if Euron is using him or not.

Telling Vic that some nigger from the other side of the world died after blowing it will only mean Vic thinks that the nigger was weak.

Note how he had still wanted to blow it until Moqorro told him what the glyphs read

Is victarion retarded?

Moqorro told him the master of those who blow the horn will be the true master of the dragons, or something along those lines.

Anyone else think the biggest problem with season seven was it made this whole universe feel small? I don't just mean travel time, the simplifying of the plot and bringing things together in a contrived way just ruined the grand scale of everything. And the show always felt small compared to the books but never this bad.

Because it says the master of the horn, not the one who blows it

>tfw always read "Damphair" as "Damfair" without realising that it was meant to be "Damp hair"

Aren't Arryn's canonically blonde and blue eyed?

yes, but he has a certain animal cunning about him

I did that too when I first started. I thought it was referencing some mystical wizard or something from whatever culture the Ironborn are based off of.

Then I realized what it actually meant and it was sort of a letdown.

how delightfully vague. I hope "the master" isn't just Euron

>it's 3/4 of the entire named cast is in one location episode
every single episode

do they have bathhouses in Westeros? Maybe only in KL?

He's just Always Unique Totally Intelligent Sometimes Mysterious

There is a hugely important scene where Jaime tells Brienne about killing Aerys in the bathhouse.

If dany fucks an autist is it rape?

Victarion did some blood ritual with his fire hand on the horn, which Moqorro said should bind the dragons to him.

that was showonly

>We didn't get this in the show

>tfw Jaime stares at Kettleblack's naked body in the bathhouse and imagines him fucking Cersei

How could she resist

No it wasn't

tfw no Moqorro in the show

Azor Jonerys