We Wuz Greeks

>Troy: Fall of a City

>An 8 part TV series commissioned by the BBC to retell the story of the 10 year old siege of Troy, which occurred in the 12 or 13th century BC.

Meet the cast:
>Greatest Greek warrior Achilles
>Greek hero Patroclus
>Zeus king of gods

This travesty need some Ghostbusters treatment.

In all fairness, the BBC has literal diversity quotas that they have to fill.
It's not like the writers or people in charge of casting have a choice, it's just political bullshit from higher-ups.

>The series is a co-production between BBC One and Netflix, with BBC One airing the show in the United Kingdom, and Netflix streaming the show internationally outside the UK

Why is it even being made? There is already a great adaptation of the Troy story. Why do they continue to make things we have already seen?

If they really cared about diversity and multiculturalism they could find some African myths/legends and make shows about them with a black cast. And I would probably watch it because it's something new and interesting.
But instead we get the same shit over and over again

The UK needs to euthanized

>Netflix + BBC
This record breaking revisionist faggotry now makes sense.

Jesus they're shameless.

Finally the west is accepting the factuality and historicity of black Greeks and the black origins of the europeans.

Have a (you)

White people will actually blame the black actors for this, and not the white people that asked for more diversity, and not white people that are producing/directing the film, and not the whites that are consuming it

So basically we just need to lynch the numale Americucks?

I personally blame this on white people.

this

its not the black casts fault theyre just doing what theyre paid to do while the whites behind the shit willingly chose to get BLACKED

Cultural appropriation of Hellene legends and history. Typical chauvinist British pandering, racist and belittling of the culture that by the way of the Romans cultured their shitty little backwater of an isle. But just because of that it's just funny seeing this, what will they think of next, remake of Zulu with an all-black redcoat cast and skinheads in bomber jackets as Zulu warriors?

>White people will actually blame the black actors for this, and not the jews that asked for more diversity, and not jews that are producing/directing the film, and not the non-whites that are consuming it
ftfy

Can't I blame both?

unironically this. Black people want their own culture. White numales want to BLACK white culture.

>Op still making minimum wage at the Pizza place
>must be sucessful black men's fault

pussy faggot op
make more excuses for your failure...

>BBC

like poetry

>by the way of the Romans cultured their shitty little backwater of an isle.
not exactly. the romans built a wall to keep the those savages out. they weren't even worth enlightening

>tfw you realize the more this happens it will be the norm and realistic historical depictions will be seen as racist

>sucessful black men

Unfortunately that's were things are heading to.
The only comfort is that TV is rapidly losing audience and it's on its way to extinction.
I expect revisionist garbage like that to be the norm in the final senile years of the medium.

I'll blame them both, and the fa/tv/irgins defending it

I really fucking hate how American culture has co-opted the entire West into itself. Outside of the West, media really, really care about racial representation, correct ethnicity, etc. But inside the West, we're all supposed to be Americans, and have this concept of our own history that's 10% black.

How about you hire actual fucking Greeks and Turks for these roles? You know, the people involved in the actual fucking story? Where are all these people who normally complain about whitewashing, which isn't even a thing? Double fucking standards.

They're never actually creating new roles for black people. It's always the same shit. Take roles for white people, cast black actors, and call everyone racist for making the exact same argument they greedily make when it's the other way around. And it's always "black people". As in, African-Americans or analogues thereof, not actual Africans with African backgrounds. It's a very specific type of nigger that satisfies the demand for "diversity".

I'm not really mad this is happening. Though I'm getting mad just thinking about all the WE WUZ niggers that are gonna be on their twitter or facebook accounts hashtagging this show and using it as historical facts like the fucking idiots they are. As other anons pointed out, these guys are just getting paid to act. Who knows whether they're dumb enough to actually believe they wuz greeks n shit or not. The blame should go to the white cucks producing the show.

More than having black leads for every show nowadays, I object to the fact that the are universally shit shows and the black actors they choose are talentless. I'm all for watching good black actors ply their trade but the people they shove down our throats can't act for shit.

Why not use actual Greeks though? It's not like they're white.

>white washing isn't a thing
>Every movie about Asia ever created in the US has to star a white person
>It used to be true about every movie involving a setting that is predominately black but black people didn't stand for that shit

Asian Americans in the US are finally realizing what other groups have always known, keeping your head down does not mean white people won't fuck you over. It was less built into the country to fuck over Asian people, but its starting to really piss them off when you see that grad school is dominated by Asians but they rarely if ever get anywhere close to upper management despite being held up as the "see were not racist!" diversity statistics for all of the starting position lower salary roles.

Its always an interesting conversation how similar the experience actually is for an educated black person in the US and educated Asian person in America. It gets even better when you start discussing how incredibly similar it was for their poorer family members who don't have the opportunity to meet and have distrust for each other's communities taught to them by white people.

bait.jpg

Nice try, though.

>I can't justify my argument when presented with a thought out counter argument

>Ignore ignore ignore
>What about something else
>I was just joking, you can't take a prank bro?!

I see you went with option 1

Name one movie where the roles were meant for predominately black but white people took them.

For Asians you might have a point, but it's a slippery slope. They're not being outraged if you're trying to imply they are, at least nowhere near as much as black people are about "whitewashing".

For example, whenever Hollywood has made live-action movies of anime and cast mostly white people even the fucking creators of said anime didn't give a shit. If anything it's always been black people and white liberals being offended on their behalf.

Also don't ignore the fact that it's perfectly fine to be outraged over "whitewashing" but when a POC takes a role of a white person it's alright because muh diversity quota. Double standards at its finest.

>Turks
Remove roach

>Name one movie where the roles were meant for predominately black but white people took them.

Gods of Egypt

>tfw nobody will ever complain about Greekwashing and Romanwashing

Getting a Turk to portray someone from Troy is far more accurate than getting someone like Brad Pitt to do it.

Holy shit I didn't think you'd actually site Gods of Egypt. Are you memeing or are you un-ironically a WE WUZ nigger?

And Avatar the Last Airbender? I said for black people, not Asians.

Name one movie where a black person played a role that was a better cultural fit for a white person.

A black person being in a leading role for something that isn't being marketed exclusively to black people isn't taking a role away from a white person.

Fucking Tom Cruise running around Japan because white people can't relate to people that don't look like them is not the same.

God's of Egypt is about semites as the ancient Egyptians.

>nigger
>saves black people are the worst memes
The argument is worthless because you're arguing disingenuously and you're actual hope is to simply convince people reading less closely to be more racist. If you're cornered you'll say it is a joke and to not take it seriously, but you'll post a bunch of bullshit along the way.

>Name one movie where a black person played a role that was a better cultural fit for a white person.

>what is pic-related

Do you want him to simply tell you that ancient Egypt wasn't black, user?

The actors should refuse. That white dude backed off from Hellboy.

All this does is show that blacks are opportunistic shitbags at best and house niggers of the progressive left at worst.

Let me guess, all the women are white

>43 / 5 / 28 / 1
Racists love to pretend that the ancient world had all the neat little groups that are exactly the same as the modern world. They only change this argument when they get DNA test that show they aren't from 100% "white" countries.

You've obviously never actually been to Egypt as well.

Anything other than aryan whites and pitch black africans does not exist

>pussy faggot op

"You've never been to actual Egypt so you don't know history"

No, I've never been to Egypt. Did you know that there were Greek colonies all over North Africa? Did you know there were literal statues with Greek writing on them in ancient Egypt? Are you aware that North Africa as a whole has more non-black people than black people?

>They only change this argument when they get DNA test that show they aren't from 100% "white" countries.

You're literally using an anecdotal argument.

>television channel named after african phallus
>makes television shows starring africans
what's the problem?

are patrocuck and nigchilles going to be buttbudies?
there is an oportunity to nigger homoerotism too.

>Fucking Tom Cruise running around Japan because white people can't relate to people that don't look like them is not the same.

Tom Cruise' Character in the film is based on a real person who actually existed. The difference is they made Cruise an American, historically it was a Frenchman

I would like to see this simply because of how furious it'll make the black community, they hate gay people more than the mainstream republicans

I have never seen BBC fill a diversity quota with a Paki or Indian actor even though there is more of them in Britain than blacks

They seem to have a thing for BBC

>Getting a Turk to portray someone from Troy is far more accurate than getting someone like Brad Pitt to do it.

not really - the current day Turks settled in Anatolia much later

Yes.

>Fucking Tom Cruise running around Japan because white people can't relate to people that don't look like them is not the same.

So it's true, numales really CAN'T understand this movie

Achilles was a ginger. The gingerwashing continues unabated. It's not called the BBC for nothing.