Can Book of the new Sun get TV series adaptation?

Can Book of the new Sun get TV series adaptation?

If GoT can be adapted, why can't better books get it too?

blurbs sounds interesting.
sparknotes this series for me.

just finished this
pretty good albeit cliched (dude severian is like 6'6 with a massive black sword, wears all black and a mask AND he has epic fighting abilities) but yeah, very very entertaining.

Philosophical stuff was nice too.

Too white, will never please our Jewish overlords.

>he has epic fighting abilities

I didn't really feel like that actually. He wasn't all that good like Guts from Berserk.

I've finished The Citadel of Autarch recently and implied time-loop and two Serverians kinda bugged me.

I literally finished it last night and read into it as either he was explaining the differences between who he was now and who he was then OR the auturch was getting confused due to all the personalities. Unreliable narrator.

Kill yourself OP for even proposing that.

>I literally finished it last night and read into it as either he was explaining the differences between who he was now and who he was then OR the auturch was getting confused due to all the personalities. Unreliable narrator.

Since when he's unreliable? His memory is perfect after all.

since the start of the novel he has been writing it as the auturch, and it's shown repeatedly that he often goes on tangents and gets mixed up between himself,thecla, and the amalgamated personality/personalities of the auturch which makes him unreliable.

Severian's memory is perfect, but he isn't just Severian. Pay attention next time.

You actually WANT to see your favourite book series adapted?

>Too white
What makes you think they just won't blackw- "colour-blind cast" the roles?

Like what are your evidences of him using different personas while telling the story / writing the book?

uhhhhhhhhhhh he relapses into thecla all the time bruh
that alone should tell you he's not a reliable narrator

>uhhhhhhhhhhh he relapses into thecla all the time bruh

Not all the time but in certain moments.
And he controls her appearances well enough to claim that he can possess his body and take control of him.

yeah but he can't stop her from controlling him as shown by other people seeing her
and if he cant stop that then how do we know she didn't have a hand in writing the book? the problem only gets amplified when he becomes the auturch

>she
fx

Even with a black cast, the story would continue to feel too European.

>other people seeing her

How does it prove that she's in control? People like Autarch can see her because he's the Legion himself and is obviously aware of the others using the same alzabo shit.

TV normies would never get it.

"Where's the gore and titties? Wheres the bsckstabbing? What the fuck are they saying?"

THEN they'll find out that its essentially a catholic story and it'll die dead in the water.

Also, if they'd fuck it up ill kill the bastards. Do you honestly want to see a black severian?

remember the little girl seeing her, as did the feral magician people?
also theres a ton of inconsistencies throughout the story when severian recants prior experiences which leads me to believe when he wrote this as the auturch he'd sometimes let another person's memory blend into his

severian mentions never seeing a whore after the first time but mentions seeing several whores when hes talking about aiga (whom he should have stabbed in the throat along with hethor)

you should ask sci fi gen on /lit/ for more proof as I, just like you only just finished it but I don't think it's far fetched to say especially when severian is always examining the nature of truth and reality

I'd read some theories about the books myself later, I have to finish the last book first.

The one thing that is really interesting to me is what the fuck happened in the garden when they were on a journey with Agia.

Also I feel like two Severians mean that the first one became Autarch but then time traveled back to change something for himself and perhaps direct his own self to become different Autarch or something.

yeah I need to read the last one aswell
cya around user

>cliched (dude severian is like 6'6 with a massive black sword, wears all black and a mask AND he has epic fighting abilities)

I think you missed the point of the character.

It's set in South America.

I remember there actually being quite a bit of gore and titties.

really ? it feels like generic fantasy number 983487

Retard

>also theres a ton of inconsistencies throughout the story when severian recants prior experiences

I always took that to be Severian being an insane autistic weirdo.

Is this a troll fucking thread? The whole point of the book that bands reality through internal monologue, how the fuck would you adapt that

the whole deal with Severian is that he is a very unreliable narrator. Everything he says is bullshit, especially about himself.

Severian

>Is this a troll fucking thread? The whole point of the book that bands reality through internal monologue, how the fuck would you adapt that

Retard

>Severian is that he is a very unreliable narrator.
>Everything he says is bullshit, especially about himself.

Stop forcing this shit you idiot.

Jesus Christ, no. Why would anyone want this? You know damn well it would be trash.

You're worse than the people who want a Silmarillion miniseries on HBO.

GoT only got as far as it did because gore and tits.

Conan might work

>the torturers' guild
My sides

Also on the "itz nut leik typychsl phsnteezee" bullshit which means they've never read a fantasy book in their life besides the synopsis pf lord of the rings back cover.