myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>DUDE NUMBERS LMAO

>RICH PEOPLE BAAAAD
>POOR PEOPLE GOOOOD
yeah, no. commie shills pls

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

you must be so proud, guy who strongly identifies with a film

What is the deal with movies being rated long before they come out? Is it to avoid another Ghostbusters?

HE'S LITERALLY THE BEST EVER

>Inb4 gay black man and every other contrarian critic loves it
Be ready to get buttblasted fag

There's nothing new about films being shown at limited screenings before a wide release. The only new thing here is the internet. Newspapers used to have reviews for upcoming movies as well.

How does he do it?

Reminder people like OP are not locals

This is the cycle and has been for almost a decade
>new movie comes out
>plebs come to Sup Forums to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
>the plebs leave because they have other boards to shitpost on
>all that's left are the regular Sup Forums posters
>they usually hate it since movies like this tend to be shit
>cycle repeats when the YIFY torrent comes out but forces are more evenly matched this time

it will portray a one world government positively and allude to androids(programmed beings) living fulfilling lives

The only "rotten" review:
>September 29, 2017
It looks great and boasts solid performances from an underused cast, but (like the original) it's a triumph of style over substance.
Full Review | Original Score: 5/10
Since when is "style over substance" a criticism?

Here's the actual corrected cycle
>new movie comes out
>regular patricians and tourist crossposters come to Sup Forums to talk about it and discuss their opinions about the film
>as the opening week is passing by only the regular patrician posters are left discussing the film
>then the regular literally autistic posters who are afraid to leave their house wait for the first whatever atrocious torrent encode of the film and watch it on their 13 inch Toshiba laptop
>they watch 15 minutes of it, make a thread how it's "boring" or "nothing happens", "reddit" and all the other usual meaningless defensive buzzwords
>the regular autistic posters are joined by autistic tourist posters from other boards that are the most absolute casuals and make even more retarded overly simplistic points about the film that don't mean anything
>then shitposting commences until it's all replaced with the release of an another film

Studios will have advanced screenings of movies they feel pretty confident about.

It's alwaysba bad sign when there are no advanced screenings for a film. At that point its basically a cash grab for opening week.

>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
The children and poor fucks who can't afford to see movies in the cinema have always been the cancer of this board.

Is it, dare I say it, the peak of nu cyberkino?

Why does this btfo Sup Forums? Pretty sure plenty of us like the original and consider Villeneuve a good director

>Since when is "style over substance" a criticism?
It has always been. I suggest you read more criticism

Correction. He is a good réalisateur.

CAN'T MENACE THE DENIS

It's nothing but an artistic choice. I bet you also love exposition.

Pretty spot on desu.

>tourist crossposters
This is you correct? Because it's clear you're not a regular and in no possible fucking way part of the pat side.
>still no answer
Looks like I'm correct
>and will probably answer now after being called out
I'm correct again

Yes, lipstick on a pig is an artistic choice.

by being french canadian

/thread

Huh? Why would you say that i love exposition?

I haven't said that "style over substance" is a good criticism (or bad), just that it has been around for a long time (a cliché, even) and that you wondering about it revealed you don't follow criticism much

ORANGE AND TEAL

Its worse if there is an embargo

Diversity is our strength!

>waahh tfa was good you racist and misogynist assholes
Fucking lol

The difference between movies and say books is that a movie as a visual media can choose to focus more on the visuals and building an atmosphere over a compelling story. Movies aren't just recordings of people reading a script out loud. That would be soap operas.

just by the trailer i can tell it's shit
original movie was a masterpice btw fuck sequels

This. They wont pay to watch anything in IMAX ever.

Fucking watching it on their iphone like a little 12 year old redditor being ironic and watching Lynch on it just to piss him off

Come again?

I haven't seen TFA nor have I seen any other Star Wars movie since ep. 1
I'm aware the term has been used for a long time but I've always seen it used more as a characterization.

Does this mean he's finally getting that Oscar?

>I haven't seen TFA nor have I seen any other Star Wars movie since ep. 1
Yeah I bet princess now that your inauthenticy to Sup Forums has been proven. I don't doubt for a second you thought the praise for guardians at first was Sup Forums posters too

The third Blade Runner short is out and its pretty fucking good.

Its basically Mr.Robots final plan done to completion. It also reminded me a ton of the Animatrix since its an anime about basically the same thing.

>MORE MIST
>YES GUV'NOR

I don't see Marvel movies or click on capeshit threads in the catalogue.

perhaps he actually fucking CARES

>Let's change the setting
Did you write the fucking story? Maybe the scenery, colors and effects are for part of the story

>no no I don't do this I'm Sup Forums!
I'm grinning ear to ear
You're displaying all the signs of anti Sup Forums

It implies a lack of substance, and that's bad.

Where have I ever once said "I'm Sup Forums" except in your "quotes" that you yourself wrote? All I said is children who can't afford to watch movies until they're available on their 13 inch toshiba laptops like worded have always been the worst posters on here.

...What the fuck are you babbling about man?

Dont worry its a pasta some shill made even the reply is pasta

>and that's bad.
Not necessarily.

Well, let me put in another way. It implies a lack of balance.

When people say "style over substance" it usually means the "substance" was half assed.

>been the worst posters on here.
Which implies you're Sup Forums princess as you couldn't know this unless you've been here. Unless of course you're now admitting the cycle is still 100% correct
>shill made
There you have it. Once again its proven corrrect.

Also the pasta has been on Sup Forums longer than you
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/38165197/#38165988
This archive only goes up to 2013

Nope. In this case he said like the original.

Meaning the pretentious long shots with gloony dark scenes and music with no dialogue

You can't cuckuelle the Villeneuve.

Maybe. I always understood it as just a phrase to describe the focus of the film maker. The story might be bare bones simplistic but the film can still be excellent. Often times adding the necessary scenes and dialogue to tell a more complex story would take away from the "style".

Oh, I'm not talking about the movie. Just replying to the whole "style over substance".

Well, after all it all depends on the context.

I want to talk about the anime but you faggots keep sniffing each sniffing each others assholes.

>a dumb autistic user who is afraid to leave his house has been spamming the board with a pasta for 4 years now and that somehow makes it credible
sure thing buddy

The shills want to encourage the plebs sensibility on this board because it makes their job easier. They want "dude everyone get hyped for the latest movie, ha ha I love fun popcorn times aren't movies fun and comfy. you booked your tickets yet? Look at the rotten tomatoes score! Oh, you didn't like it? Well that's okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion" reddit environment. Real Sup Forums rage against this drift towards hugbox on a daily basis. Cinema should be a slaughter house. This is a medium of suffering in the name of authenticity and the board should refect that. This isn't 'fun times "film buff" clubhouse'.

Armond loved Sicario though.

So you were here for inception, avengers, tdkr and dredd? Those are the biggest example of the pasta in effect besides star wars 7 and rogue one.

A very good example of the opposite would be Drive. A movie which cross poster hated for not being fast and furious, but jumped on the wagon after it became a ebin meme

i thought it was a shill? did swaglord not give your marketing team the correct info??

Lemme guess cinema is like a black man fucking your wife may may