Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

>sudden schedule changes to a worse day makes a show lose audience

who would've thought

So Fox plans to Firefly Orville, eh? They did it to Almost Human, too...

It's been a week, faggot. They're not coming back.

Why can't Fox keep a single show running at the same time for more than a month?

Fuck, I loved Almost Human.

Ep 1 = meh
Ep 2 =Good
Ep 3 = shit
Ep 4 = Good

Yesterdays episode was the best so far but nobody was around to see it because
Fox went full retard on the schefule

You know what's hilarious? You retards pirate the show.

Fox always planned on having the show on Thursday. The first two episodes were billed as a "special event premiere"...
>Blaming Fox for your inability to read or listen.

So what?

I don't have a Nielsen box so that's irrelevant, but I do download it from the Fox website so they are getting my view that way.

>2017
>day of broadcast matters

kek

i find it far funnier you pay a cable bill for this shit

Fox will move it to Fridays and air 5 more episodes

Just face it guys SJW Trek won

rekt show.

Star rekT?

It still does. There are plenty of people that watch stuff live. Why do you think we have live threads here?

Do you honestly think the average person is sitting at home, patiently waiting for a release group to put out a torrent?

Great, this garbage deserves to crash and burn

What's your point?

Am I literally the only one who thinks Seth humor actually hurt this show more than helped even though that's what the previews sold it on?

How can they know how many are watching?

it's disappointing to see the ratings that low. I like the series so far, I hope they don't cancel it

Nearly every reviewer on YT is praising Orville. somethings not adding up here

Pretty good.
Will be sunk by gay shit.

Seth McFarlane is genuinely unfunny, so you're probably not the only one who thinks that.

cant fox give it to cbs or something

russian cgi ai shills

They should both give it to Netflix.

FOX never learns. They cancelled Family Guy TWICE and both times the audience told them they didn't know what the fuck they were doing.
The Orville will be get more seasons because of the backlash if they cancel it.

Pirating only affects a show if it is streamable. Pirating cable and OTA shows doesn't matter unless you have a Nielsen box. Most of the time they send a paper diary anyway

>guy has to work with ex wife
>IN SPACE

what were they thinking

The timing for most of the jokes is off, so either the joke ruins the sincerity of the scene (the "food tastes bad" joke) or it falls flat and doesn't even come across as a joke (the "Friends" reference during the interrogation).
They just don't do a good job of balancing things.

That's not how capitalism works.

I'd say "maybe they know exactly what they're doing", but then I remembered they cancelled Dark Angel to give the spot to Firefly.

FOX seems pretty good for daring, avant garde science fiction. But it's even better at cancelling daring, avant garde science fiction.

They guesstimate.

Nielsen is a company that gets a bunch of people to be monitored. It used to just be households having people sit there with a notepad and write down what they watched and for how long. Then they moved to set top boxes that literally measured what the households were watching and transmitted it back to the agency. Those still exist, but now they also include DVRs with internet connectivity reporting back. It just gives them a sample size of the entire nation and they estimate on that data how popular it probably is nationally.

It really is somewhat guesswork though, just like polls on various things, because you're not actually asking/monitoring everyone.

I use that shitty Fox app.

>still using the SJW Trek meme

what the fuck i like the orville
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They were thinking of spoofing the typical Star Trek plot point where a crew has to learn to work together and get over their various issues by marrying it with a concept that's at once very common but also rarely approached in Star Trek and similar shows, probably precisely because it's so common. After all, working with your ex is something that happens to loads of people, working with an emotionless, pointy-eared bastard less so. But both may be equally challenging.

you don't need cable to watch fox retard. it's free over the air.

That's what happens when you promote transgenderism

This is my worry.

Right now the "not" Worf gay storyline is licking around the edges of the stinky sjw butthole without putting the tongue all the way in.

If they keep it up and take it any further I'm out.

If you actually watched the episode, they didn't pick a side.
How do you explain how Transparent keeps getting renewed if "that's what happens"?

>this
I am a literal cable guy, and even I assumed that they were done with nielsen boxes.... NOPE, I still seem them occasionally when hooking up DVRS and let me tell you, they don't work properly most of the time and only super old people have them

>sjw
dude its fucking star trek man, have you ever watched it before?
more importantly how much did CBS pay you to post in this thread

yeah that part was shit

Alara brought as example in the court was such an asinine thing to do

They aired that in the wrong cunting order.

modern cable boxes, like tivo or whatever, can tell what channel you're on without being nielsen specifically, I've done customer service at a cable company before and we use that viewing data to talk people out of downgrading, if you lower you package to that level you'll lose this channel you watch 20% of the time etc.

can't imagine the higher ups in the company wouldn't be pooling that data for ratings and sellign it on.

I watch it on the Fox website. That's like 30 ads per episode.

this. I also like how "powerful stronk womyn" lives in a cave all alone with no family and no children. Then she goes all like "Im happy Im a stronk independent womyn" Lmao roasties are delusional.

>you can get this thing for free in a far more convenient manner or you can pay for it and get a fuck you from the company you're paying.

Wow what will I choose?

>In just three more years STD still has a chance of reaching Orville's worst night

to not support the show in a meaningful way, then cry about networks not making shows you like when it gets cancelled?

you don't need to pay to watch it...

Explain to me your logic in accusing me of shill heresy.

Im not understanding this logic at all.

Where exactly is Fox saying "fuck you" here?

I hope Orville succeeds so the powers that be see that trek fans are interested in the original model for episodes instead of the character driven thing they're doing with STD.

Also, I can't wait till they release the differentials between the premier and this week.
>JK, its online so there are no reliable metrics *wink*

NO goddamnit I am so pissed off about the humor. When the last episode ended I got chills and almost cried, the Thoreau poetry or whatever and that people seeing the nights sky for the first time, that was mindblowingly good TV. Fuck OFF SETH why did he need to ruin that shit with some gay ass Reddit humor seconds later?

I now see what Sup Forums means that The Orville is probably classic all time sci-fi IF the jokes would just go away. Its such a wasted potential.

I am not saying that they couldn't have jokes at all in a theoretical Sci_Fi Channel reboot but please stop trying to ruin moments with them, stay to that stuff like aliens farting, or captain telling a joke at a scientists expense but if there is an epic moment like a meeting between aliens and humans or people seeing stars for the first time why must you fucking ruin it for people who genuinely get off on emotional moments in science fiction? Damn that's annoying.

wew

>Do you honestly think the average person is sitting at home, patiently waiting for a release group to put out a torrent?

do you honestly believe people are sitting at home watching adverts waiting for fox to put it on TV?

Honest question who was this show meant for? People who enjoy poking fun at Star Trek? How large of a demographic can that be?

It's cool that 9.6 million people watched the first episode of Discovery

How many people watched the second episode?

>barely more than Orville and actually less in the target demo
lel

CBS really fucked up with STD.

I like the show but the Thursday switch fucked up my watching routine for it.
Sunday was just right. I'm too busy on Thursday for any TV that I actually want to pay attention to.

Yeah I agree. When he said "Shakespeare?" they should have had him say "Oh? Its always Shakespeare. Nice." they wanted to make a joke because in Star Trek they always reference Hamlet or Henry V. That wouldn't really ruin the moment but would have been clever because it pointed out a trope.

>Trans episode
>le religion is bad episode
>strongest character is a tiny woman
>only horny assertive male character is normblob
I think he's wearing that doctor down though, I hope they have an awkward hookup skit

Hopefully Orville dies.

Along with every Klingon woman and child.

>this dmg control
holy kek

Yeah, if people miss the broadcast, they'll just download it.

How did a black tranny become so hateful and racist?

This. She's the most genocidal Starfleet officer ever and it's great. All fucking Klingons must fucking hang.

>Along with every Klingon woman and child.
hm, seems like STD has better memes at least

I disagree. I like the Orvrlle well enough as long as they dont go down the sjw gay rabbit hole with not-Worf.

But "fans" that want these prooerties to tray 100% the same for all time can go fuck themselves. You are probably one of those "Not my Superman" MoS type haters. Times change, people change, shit gets old. Hell, if they never tried to change Star Trek we never would have gotten the vetsion of TNG that we got.

I had literally zero expectatations for Discovety to be good but they hooked me with how much obvious effort the put into it. So I'm like fuck it. fuck the haters I'm watching it.

Only one doing damage control here is CBS. Shit is embarrassing for them really. kek

>Sup Forums likes Seth MacFarlane's shit
How the mighty fall

I like BOTH the Orville and Discovery and give zero fucks.

b-b-but i thought she was supposed to be a mary sue shoving liberal propaganda down my throat

quad dubs!

>Whaaaaaa Ayylians have different genders than meeeeee. Eeeessssjaaayyyyduuubbaaayuuuuu

It's not damage control, it's a statistical question. How many people watched the second episode?

We have these numbers for every episode of Orville, so let's have an apples-to-apples comparison

the senate is now star trek canon

Just shills.

This. Who is STD for? Normies wont watch it. Trekkers hate it. So who does that leave? 10 people on a Loasian nipple clamp forum?

It means you don't count towards the viewership totals, which apparently you care about for some reason.

Just discovered this existed thanks to this thread. How are they allowed to rip off Star Trek that blatantly?

>Maintains it's viewership after a time move and that fucking nutso last episode about cutting off alien baby junk

Not bad, honestly. I like the show, I hope it continues. You tranny faggots can have STD too, there's no reason we can't have both or this has to be some Sup Forumseddit console wars retardation.

>Got an problem with babies being mutilated? LMAO ARENT WE TRIGGERED, ALT-RIGHT PUSSIES CRY ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING AMIRITE

>>Maintains it's viewership
Jesus this damage control. If it retained 5,000 viewers, you would say it maintained its viewership.

>Trekkers hate it.
False. Posers hate it. Also you spelled Laotian wrong, brainlet.

I dropped the series a few minutes in after that awful marble joke.

Yes, you stupid fucking nigger, that's what retaining it's viewership is. The amount doesn't matter in this case. I didn't say it's ratings were through the roof or anything. Take your fucking risperdal and have a coke and a smile, not everyone is some le Sup Forumseddit shill trying to argue with you about if Sonic has a bigger dick than Mario.

The numbers are leveling out. The show is finding its audience. Let's see the CBS All Access subscription numbers, faggot.

What is funnier that the new Star trek is so bad, they won't even put it on regular TV so you have no idea who is watching it.

No it isn't you dumb fat cow. That's not a viewership, that's an impending cancellation. Go suck your mom's kike lizard monkey pussy you bald whore faggot.

I was gonna tell you to fuck off but I like the way you post too much.

This is literally the stupidest post of all time. The biggest complaint so far is that they're not airing it on TV because people actually want to be able to watch it without paying for another sub.

And I like the way your cock splits to form a double edge pussy you third world gook slut.

Yes I do, which was the moral of this episode. An episode you said was shit.

Let's see some CBS All Access numbers before we decide STD won anything.

Dont go full transgender faggotry then