Ex Machina director's next movie

Ex Machina director's next movie

youtube.com/watch?v=ufaDurSCKOk

we already talked about this yesterday. fuck off.

Don't you mean "Sunshine writer's"?

We know. The books were shit and never answer any of the questions.

Its going to be all CG, no substance.

>The books were shit and never answer any of the questions.
Naisu parrotingu.

>Tarkovsky for the Capeshit Generation

Hella fuckin' epic

Hershlag's ropey neck straining under the mighty weight of a single AR 15 makes her look like a grizzled soldier.

>How do we depict aliens?
>Dunno show me what Aftereffects filters are there
>Can you make it like, translucent and like really colourful? Like if you were vaping while under shrooms? Okay go. And don't forget, Teambuilding is this weekend, attendance is mandatory in preparation for the No Shave November.

>Ex Machina director
is that supposed to be a good thing? that was a really bad movie

Wow hershlag aged so much, makes me depressed

>Sup Forums hates a film before it's even out

confirmed kino

I can't wait to see how he turns the third act of this into a bad slasher film like every other thing he's done

You bring a lot to this board user. I hope to see you post this on 95% of the threads currently up. Godspeed.

>AR-15
>mighty weight
Nigga wut?

i just read the plot summary for the book on wikipedia and it sounds retarded and unsatisying

>The books were shit and never answer any of the questions.

That's precisely why I loved them - but to each their own. Mystery is more precious to me than something that can easily be explained in a wiki synopsis.

But VanderMeer is a writer destined for the underground, and I think wider exposure will only attract more mainstream critics.

It's not about extraterrestrials. The psychedelic visuals are something the book describes as being literally incomprehensible. With that in mind, I think the director did his best.

I really like how this looks

hey now ex machina was a good slasher film in its third act imo

god damn natalie portman hit a wall

Just like how a book is more than a series of events written on paper, a movie is more than a series of events captured on film. I know you don't have the attention span for reading books or watching movies without toggling seven different tabs simultaneously, but prose, style, and atmosphere are far more essential ingredients to storytelling than plot twists and kill counts.

>qt robots
>qt beard man
>qt home to be terminated in

Hershlag looks like shit. Dropped. Fucking jew genes.

That book sucked.

This. Looks like another scifi "art" film with no plot or ending.

meh, too abstract of an idea. its just going to end like jody foster in Contact or some dumb shit

fuck off back to plebbit kid, it's going to be the same schlock that ex machina and arrival were

Girl Squad go the Stalker!!!

Ouch. Plebbit? Schlock? Where did you come up with this stuff!

wait wut? ex machina was really good. arrival not so much.

>It's a look at me I'm acting performance: A Motion Picture by Natalie Portman

fuck off newshit, i was joking before but if you have actually come here from reddit you need to kill yourself
it was three people in a small area talking for two hours, which is what this is going to be

>fuck off newshit, i was joking before but if you have actually come here from reddit you need to kill yourself

Of course you were. It was a really good joke. Don't feel bad. I better leave before you get REALLY angry, though.

not for you i guess. i enjoyed the sexy robot movie

>it was three people in a small area talking for two hours, which is what this is going to be

Ugh, yeah, I hate dialogue. I hate acting. My idea of a movie is a post-production nightmare involving 10% actors acting and 90% stunt doubles, CG spectacle and loud music. When I read the wiki page afterward, it should describe EXACTLY what I just watched. Because if there's one thing I hate, it's having to think about the things I see.

>Ugh, yeah, I hate dialogue. I hate acting.
did i say that

i don't like THREE characters in a small area spout shit when one of them has a fucking CGI headpiece and they're talking about one of the characters being a robot

it's pretentious twaddle for teenagers who can't watch actual films
>Because if there's one thing I hate, it's having to think about the things I see.
it's a fucking scifi movie about aliens and machine guns ok, let's not pretend it's an actual film

It's not about aliens or machine guns. I thought you read the wiki synopsis? Or is even that much beyond your ability?

Unironically Lovecraftian

>It's not about aliens or machine guns.
>She is able to escape though she is ambushed by the surveyor. They exchange gun fire and the biologist manages to outflank and kill the surveyor, but is wounded in the process.
>The biologist decides to return to the tunnel to see if she can find the Crawler.
and the whole thing is set in Area X, the a in area being capitalised

it's scifi schlock with machine guns and aliens, a shitty dumbed-down remake of one of tarkovsky's shittier films

It's a surrealist horror story with the trappings of a Jules Vern adventure story. Terms like Area X and the Crawler exist to create the false expectation that it's going to be one thing, while the storytelling and atmosphere reveal it as something else entirely. But you since all you read was a bullet point summary, you think you know everything about it already.

>It's a surrealist horror story with the trappings of a Jules Vern adventure story
so genre fiction then
>Terms like Area X and the Crawler exist to create the false expectation that it's going to be one thing, while the storytelling and atmosphere reveal it as something else entirely
wow i guess it's a different kind of genre fiction huh

it won a nebula award, that's all i need to know to call it schlock, and it's not even fun schlock, it's boring pretentious schlock

>tfw no exmachina 2

Midway through a conversation about a book adaptation that clearly features the supernatural, and you reveal that you don't have any regard for genre fiction? Am I being punked? Why are you even here?

i think genre fiction is fine as long as it's not low budget pretentious garbage

>Arrival 2

Okay, but your criteria for 'fine' is, at best, elusive. Right now it just seems like you're shitposting.

My basis for defending this movie is that I read the book and really enjoyed it. Your basis for trashing it is... what? You watched a trailer and read a wiki synopsis and feel you're an authority on the subject?

dont ruin it bruh, shitll be like how the matrix movies ruined the first one

>Okay, but your criteria for 'fine' is, at best, elusive.
are you illiterate i literally said it's fine as long as it's not low budget pretentious garbage

i've been very consistent on this
>You watched a trailer and read a wiki synopsis and feel you're an authority on the subject?
there's like seven people in it

not characters, people

and the trailer looks low budget

ex machina?

is that good?

I can't even parse what you're trying to communicate to me. Anyway, I've gotta get to work. Nice chatting. I hope your day goes better.

moron

Nice,another movie for me to skip watching