How could anyone watch this in the 30's and think "oh yeah, we definitely need another war like this"?

How could anyone watch this in the 30's and think "oh yeah, we definitely need another war like this"?

Because movies aren't real life, even when they coincide with your point of view.

They banned it in Nazi Germany.

it's an American movie and America stayed out of the war as long as humanly possible.

the leadership of europe felt things were not left resolved. the general population was against it

>American Made Movie
>Based off a novel written by a German who fought in World War I

And OP's question was specifically about the movie.

>the general population was against it
>votes militarist party into power

I wonder the same thing about America - How could anyone watch Bowling or Columbine and think, "oh yeah, we definitely need to invade Iraq"? People back then were stupid.

the people just wanted communists to gtfo, and hitler was there actively fighting them while the left was taken over by gommies and the traditional right wing parties were dying out. they definitely did not want another world war

Germans have always been violent autists

What does Bowling for Columbine have to do with Iraq? It's mostly about gun control. Do you mean Farenheit 9/11?

Because people weren't pussies back then.

>"oh yeah, we definitely need another war like this"?
Good question, one the Germans should definitely answer.

They voted him in to improve the economy and get rid of the semites not to go to war.

>vote militarist party into power
>expect them to not go to war

Fahrenheit 9/11 came out long after the invasion of Iraq so even that doesn't make any sense.

Blame Churchill for WW2.

people didn't give a shit about movies back then. they had other problems like starving and shit

>people didn't give a shit about movies back then.
not true, 20's was the time when pop culture started to rise in the west
>they had other problems like starving and shit
maybe if you lived in USSR or some other shithole

idk, I've seen just about every prominent anti-war movie shat out by the studio system and I still want a big world war. Guess movies are just entertainment or something.

Germans love fucking up Europe, it's in their blood

satan quads confirm

>he thinks a piece of fiction based on another piece of fiction should influence people's opinions

>and get rid of the semites
Not really. Your average German didn't care about this part of Nazi policy. You can see it in Triumph of the Will where they don't even mention the Jews.

Both radical parties - NSDAP and KPD gained a lot during the early 1930s. Democracy virtually stopped working. There were three parliamentary elections before Hitler came to power (two in 1932). Nothing worked, it was impossible for the chancellor to form a majority and Nazis and communists battled in the streets.

if the result of people not being pussies is a world war resulting in the deaths of 10's of millions of people i guess being a pussy is probably an ok thing

Reagan got spooked by a nuclear Armageddon movie and inspired to arms reduction.

Reagan was a senile old coot.

it wasn't even a good nuclear Armageddon movie, I wonder what he would say if he saw Threads

Yeah ok, fag.

Press the button and stay in DC to get it over with.

lol oh no you called me the mean word now im going to go away (oh wait no im not)

You could skim tens of millions from our current population and still have too many people. I say, let them go with a bang.