Wtf I love apple now

wtf I love apple now

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/773902528798797824
cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trevor Noah is literally just sad at this point.

Seriously the lack of a headphone jack is a big deal. Up until this, I could, with a few conversions, use headphones going all the way back to the 1950's with the most modern devices. It was a good standard, it was compact *enough*, it was nigh universal, and we don't *really* need any devices thinner than the 3.5mm jack would allow. Hell I'd take an extra 2mm thickness on my iPhone just to get rid of the obnoxious protrusion around the camera.

They're changing something that didn't need to be changed for no good reason other than their own profits. They're trying to force us all into using these "air pod" pieces of shit, with a non-replaceable battery that's only designed to last a few years before you just chuck the whole thing in the garbage. The days when our civilization builds anything to last, makes something good enough to buy in your 20s then pass on to your grandchildren-- that shit's over.

Oh yeah and trannies.

They've been crazy for a long time, but this is just batshit.

Talk about apples and oranges. What a shit-talker.

Is this real? Are his jokes really that unfunny?

Maybe he should stay in SA and work on gay rights there before criticizing the USA.

I kind of feel sorry for him. Jon Stewart left the show to him just as the social climate that made it a relevant began to completely collapse.

There's really nothing he could do to turn it around.

Now, if they let Sam Hyde take over the daily show, that would bring it back to early-2000's relevancy.

SA isn't sexy anymore. Liberals want to forget it exists except in proud retrospectives about that great humanitarian Nelson Mandela.

>Shilling for apple and trannys at the same time

That's because apple is a dog shit, greedy, faggot-run, globalist china-backed slavery corporation that hasn't innovated since Woz left.

this should be considered insulting to real transgenders.

why has the SJW not backlashed?

>literally
>trannies

Did they really have to incorporate trannies into a discussion about fucking technology? Sad.

>makes something good enough to buy in your 20s then pass on to your grandchildren-- that shit's over.

Hate to burst your bubble but there aren't a lot of headphones from the 50s around today.

>They're changing something that didn't need to be changed for no good reason other than their own profits

No, they're changing it in this model because the next model is the redesign and that redesign will have zero space for a 3.5 mm hole. The phone has gotten so cramped they're literally running out of room and cutting out a tech that's replaced by another plug, adapted or switching to wireless makes more sense.

They want to get the whining out in this holdover model.

You can have whatever opinion you like about that, but if you're old enough to remember this was the same bullshit that happened when Apple:

1) Discontinued the disk drive. Then everyone else did.
2) Discontinued the CD/DVD drive. Then everyone else did.

Whine however much you like, the 3.5mm jack isn't long for this world. If you care about audio you'll by a purpose built portable music player with a dedicated DAC and headphone anyway.

Nobody was listening to high quality audio on their iPhone.

Because he's black and an migrant from a shitty african country, he is less privileged than white born in USA trannies.

I don't get it. How do you go from "product has a feature that it doesn't have anymore" to "i hate trannies"? What person fucking thinks that? Who writes this?

They have, if you look at the tweet itself it's full of trannies bitching.

twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/773902528798797824

I didn't realize trannies were tiny earbuds worth 160$ that you could easily misplace

Everyone uses headphones with their phone dude. My ex would wear headphones while she would talk to me on the phone at night.
I use the jack to listen to my phone in the car, why are you apologizing for apple for making a bad business decision?

My phone has a 3.5 mm jack and a Hi-Fi DAC

Jobs was surprisingly red-pilled. He just took it in the most nihilistic direction possible.

Watch some interviews with him in the 90's. He knew how stupid the average person was, and gave up trying to use computers to make them any better. They were too obstinate, too concrete, and outside of virtue signaling rhetoric didn't actually want to be better or more capable than they were. He resolved himself to build stuff to coddle to their every limitation and childish whim.

He did have good taste though, Mac OS is great for productivity after you turn off all the pretty crap, and the MacBook Pros up until the retina version were the absolute best laptops you could get. iPhones before 6 were nice too, but I really hate the lack of a proper unified file system (which they'll probably reintroduce some day for the ipad pro users as if it's a big innovation).

You see little flashes of other companies doing what Apple did right but so often it seems like the people who know what they're doing can't reliably override the dumbasses. Last year, HP released a bunch of great laptops, my favorite being the Elite X2, an iPad Pro/Surface competitor that COMES WITH ITS KEYBOARD and, I can't emphasize this enough, is ****USER SERVICEABLE*****. I thought they were poised to take over now that Apple is just a husk, but they didn't really promote them, and the crop of laptops they released immediately after have all the same awkward crappiness of Dell and Acer put together.

If you dont like the iphone youre tranphobic. be a good goy and buy one.

This shit cant be real. Are we in a simulation or some shit, and the aliens who control it got bored and decided to fuck with us.

>Everyone uses headphones with their phone dude

I've had wireless headphones for years, this isn't a new thing.

>My ex would wear headphones while she would talk to me on the phone at night.

And she'll still be able to do so, the phone comes bundled with headphones that use the lightning port instead. I doubt your ex was into high fidelity audio headphones for talking to you late at night.

>why are you apologizing for apple for making a bad business decision?

Because normies are technologically retarded. Apple is a shit company that makes horrible products. However, they also make the right decisions and set trends when it comes to cutting off old shit like CD players and disk drives.

Wireless audio will get a huge bump with the next bluetooth version. In the end nearly everyone will switch to some form of wireless audio.

Until then the holdovers who have old headphones can buy a 9 dollar adapter, OR use the lightning port headphones.

This is such a fucking non issue compared to other things Apple does it's hilarious. Always the same though.

Hmmm do I want to use the same headphones I've been using for forever and have the option to plug into any old radio or car with a headphone jack or do I want to spend hundreds of dollars on heavy, rechargeable apple ear buds which you can lose one of and make them almost worthless.

Idk man that just seems like an inconvenience the headphones they show are really small and look like they'd be easy to lose. People are going to have to buy 30$ apple tm headphones every time they lose a pair.
I haven't had an apple product in over 11 years so it doesnt make a difference to me.

>iphone
Who cares? aifone ruined internet.
Now, who's buying new Samsung High-explosive? Made using child labor too, should be very effective.

>Apple design post-Jobs
Daily reminder that if an engineer came up to Jobs with with the battery case, the pencil, the single port macbook, the magic mouse or the single port he'd fire them on the spot.

>Hate to burst your bubble but there aren't a lot of headphones from the 50s around today
But there ARE some. That's the point. There won't be any of these bluetooth headphones from today around in 2060.

I have a pair of cans from the early 80's. I can still use them with every stereo system, phone, computer and even game system I own. I have a newish pair of Senheisers (before they sold out and went all urban). I can use them with my Nintendo Gameboy and my old Marantz component deck.

That's another thing I forgot to mention-- these air pods are going to be vendor-locked to apple and whatever big current company wants to advertise compatibility with apple. We won't see them, for example, used with a 3DS.

For me it's not even about being forced to buy new stuff, or having to keep track another layer of technological compatibility between everything. 3.5mm TRS is as timeless as a technology can get. It's about ergonomics and comfort, and a dash of nostalgia, knowing I can still use my old crappy pair of radio shack cans I found in an attic.

What is that abomination?

Which are you talking about?

Part of me thinks they're trying to use virtue signaling over the "important" issues of today to ease Apple's takeover of another facet of our lives that was previously working just fine.

>just seems like an inconvenience the headphones they show are really small and look like they'd be easy to lose

That's their wireless headphones. You can use any brand wireless headphones you like, one with a cord included.

Yes the airbud thing is a shit design, but the device doesn't even come with them included.

The headphones that will come with the phone are corded headphones with a lightning port.

>I haven't had an apple product in over 11 years so it doesnt make a difference to me.

So let's review, you don't use Apple products, and you don't know anything about Apple products outside of what tech media blabs about.. you don't seem to know much about audio technics in general..

But boy do you have an opinion on this headphone move by Apple! What a blunder!

For fucks sake user stop posting.

I just meant that mess in general, but what is the pencil? Just a stylus?

>not having the courage to step into the future

>airbud
I don't know if this was intentional but lol

Disc drives and 3.5mm jacks are still the standard and 3.5mm jacks have no direct replacement on mobile phones. They are deprecating their own devices

>you don't seem to know much about audio technics in general..

Ooh, look out everybody. We have an audiophile in our midst.

It's the thing that's plugged into the ipad. It's a stylus but applel is fucking retarded and instead of mounting it on the side on like surface you have it poked out the bottom. The other thing on top of the magic mouse, a wireless mouse where the charging port is on the underside of the mouse, so you can't charge it and use it at the same time, another genius invention from the minds of applel.

>defending Apple products
>Sweden
Hahahahahhaa. There is no excuse for removing the headphone jack. Enjoy being jewed, retard.

>For me it's not even about being forced to buy new stuff, or having to keep track another layer of technological compatibility between everything. 3.5mm TRS is as timeless

1) Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.
2) You still have your old stuff.
3) If people are so invested in old timey headphones this venture by Apple will fail and you'll always have 3.5mm connectors in every technology until the year 3000.

But let's be honest you know that's not going to happen. You're whining because you realize that next year other manufacturers will drop 3.5mm. People whine but ultimately do not care enough to not buy the new stuff out of love for headphones.

I am an audio fidelity nerd myself and I've been pissed at Apple for not including even compatability with FLAC, let alone an audio chip to make use of it. But hifi audio people are a niche market. We don't buy phones to play audio on.

>Disc drives and 3.5mm jacks are still the standard and 3.5mm jacks have no direct replacement on mobile phones.

The replacement is the lightning port adapter or headphone that does the same shit through another port. And also wireless.

Disc drives have been replaced by SSDs long ago, how fucking out of date are you?

>There is no excuse for removing the headphone jack. Enjoy being jewed, retard.

Hahaha you think you're going to have a phone with a headphone jack in 5 years? Your grandma's Nokia maybe?

Fucking tech illiterate retards on this board I swear.

Well, there is an excuse, it's not a very good one-- They say that removing the headphone port makes the phone easier to waterproof.

That's bullshit. The amount of current going through a 3.5mm TRS jack is negligible, and as shown by the "pogo-stick" contact design they already use, 100% water-proofable.

Apple has always had a poor reputation concerning audio quality.

this feels like such a stretch the tow things arent even related

>Defending apple

Of course it's Sweden

How autistic can you be? Just go plug some extra bbc certified by apple in your ass sven, ty.

Look at the tweet's replies lol
>the original Moot

I get the feeling that Apple is about to learn the lesson that Microsoft learned with Windows 8.

We all know what Windows 8 was all about. They developed software that would allow their company to merge desktop and mobile devices. The whole thing was a scheme cooked up to sell more Windows phones. Mobile devices like phones and tablets have to make better use of space and be efficient. Desktop software can be robust. The public reacted to Windows 8 with horror. Microsoft had to slink away with it's tail between it's legs and create '10' which is nothing more than an updated '7' which is what people always wanted.

Anyhooo...the headphone jack will be back. Just wait.

>No, they're changing it in this model because the next model is the redesign and that redesign will have zero space for a 3.5 mm hole.
You're a moron. You'd have a case if we were talking about the watch, but phone handsets don't need to be any thinner than they already are. They already fit into anyone's pocket, and would still be unobtrusive in all but the tightest hipster jeans at twice their current girth.

>The replacement is the lightning port adapter or headphone that does the same shit through another port. And also wireless.

replacing an industry wide standard with your own exclusive standard is a deprecation of your own devices

>Disc drives have been replaced by SSDs long ago, how fucking out of date are you?

I dont know what planet you are living on but SSDs are still shit tier and no one uses them except in low performance laptops and high performance PCs.

>Discontinued [stuff]
Those had universally better replacements waiting in the wings. What they're planning to replace this with is worse-- it must be kept charged, it's easier to lose, and it's significantly more expensive.

It's neat to not have wires, but let's be honest-- how often do you curse your headphone wires for getting tangled, or restricting your movement? How much better will this really make your life?

Remember when apple actually made good looking stuff? Now you have stuff like that makes you look like a retard.

Basically, what's happening with Apple is that they gained their cachet on releasing groundbreaking products whose time had come. They positioned themselves on the road to the future.

Now that we're in the future, those paradigm-shattering innovations are getting harder to come by, and they have no aptitude to maintain the products and markets they've already built.

>The days when our civilization builds anything to last, makes something good enough to buy in your 20s then pass on to your grandchildren-- that shit's over.

Nice guns are still built to last, just gotta make sure they're not taken away.

And that is what is called a false equivalency fallacy

I thought those were obnoxious earrings at first, Jesus Christ who greenlit this crap?

Checked. Would that drill into the battery or something?

Its called Planned obsolescence user

You serious?

quads of truth

Yah, the guy who tore the dominant regime apart in the early 90's and did next to Fuck all to fix the underlying issues. Because you know, that actually requires hard work and acknowledging when you go wrong.

WE WUZ REVOLUTIONARIES N SHEEIT

>picture on Sup Forums urging me to do something destructive

Gee I dunno man. Maybe I should make some funny gas out of bleach and ammonia.

There's something about that guys face and accent which makes him extremely punchable.

Why did they hire some south african literally who anyway? I suppose lefties in America hate America so they have to employ Johnny Foreigners to tell them how shit America is...

>muh fin fone
>r fones are finner
>goy remember we told you that you want fin phone!
>you wont phones that dont bend? LONG BATTERY LIFE!? YOU NEVER WANTED FIN FONES!?!?!?!?!? BAD GOY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wtf I love apply now

Of course it's not true user

He doesn't want to do that, they're too racist against whites.

I've talked to a lot of normies and a lot of them are considering switching to samsung. Hell, even my grandpa asked me if he should switch.

I don't like apple products but i'm not an autist and can understand why people would buy them. But apple isn't even adding their normal gimmicks anymore. This iphone is about the same size and thickness as the 6s, and even apple fans aren't crazy about needing bluetooth ear buds.

>The replacement is the lightning port adapter or headphone that does the same shit through another port. And also wireless.

Most people are still going to want wired headphones, in that case you will need 2 adapters which costs around$50 or $150-$200 wireless earbuds.

>Hahaha you think you're going to have a phone with a headphone jack in 5 years? Your grandma's Nokia maybe?

>Fucking tech illiterate retards on this board I swear.
You seem to be the tech retarded apple fanboy here if you can't see that they're beginning to decline. Even their stock is.

holy shit I knew the daily show had gotten bad but god damn

>replacing an industry wide standard with your own exclusive standard

Bluetooth is an industry wide standard, autismo.

>I dont know what planet you are living on but SSDs are still shit tier and no one uses them

Haha oh wow.

>What they're planning to replace this with is worse-- it must be kept charged, it's easier to lose, and it's significantly more expensive.
>It's neat to not have wires

For now, and possibly 5 years ahead you'll have a wired option, including old headphones with an adapter.

The goal here is what everyone seems not to get.

It's to get wireless charging, audio and data.

People will protest every step of the way, again - people were saying losing the disk drive and cd drive was life or death. It wasn't.

I get the feeling you're right, but it'll be more painful for Apple. Microsoft is the uncool nerd company that should just make things you need and shut up.

Apple has this almost god-like image of being able to see into the future. It would be far more damaging for them to have this image shattered. In addition, their corporate culture is that one single fuck-up should end your career, you succeed by being perfect, nothing less. They don't have any experience in picking up the pieces-- they may be so averse to even admitting they made a mistake that they might double down, and take the company down with them.

Not saying I'll be happy about that, since I really like using Mac OS X, and we need a competitor for Windows in the desktop space. I also loathe what Android is becoming in the consumer market.

>accent which makes him extremely punchable.

Isn't this a normal reaction to Safricans? At least he's not a Boer calling everyone 'brew' all the time.

I think they're gonna see sales dip, and their next big innovation will be bringing back the headphone jack.

and so the cycle continues.

>Most people are still going to want wired headphones, in that case you will need 2 adapters which costs around$50

It's one adapter and it costs 9 bucks.

> apple fanboy

I've repeatedly said I don't like Apple. Apple makes retarded choices consistently. Losing old technology has never been one of them, it's been their consistent success.

> if you can't see that they're beginning to decline. Even their stock is.

They've been in decline since before Jobs died you moron, even if the stock keeps going up. Do you think the quality of product and stock price are related?

I know man, just wondering if by drilling into it you'd hit the battery and cause a fire or something rather than just breaking it.

iPhone 7 isn't actually any thinner than the 6S, they're both 7.1mm. The world's thinnest phone, the Vivo X5 Max which is only 4.75mm still has the 3.5mm jack.

>Bluetooth is an industry wide standard, autismo.

The port adapter is not an industry wide stanard and bluetooth is too much of a bottleneck with its low bitrate to be reasonably good sounding

>Haha oh wow.

Pretty shocking isnt it?

>(((Comedy Central))) defending obvious anti-consumer changes

wew lad

Yeah, I fucking hate the accent.

It's the worst accent in the English speaking world by a country mile. I'd rather listen to a nails-on-blackboard scouse accent than that shit

No, the goal is to switch out analogue jack for a digital one, so that you can simply forbid all non-itunes music played on the phone with a simple forced update.

Check them

>It's one adapter and it costs 9 bucks.
Unless you want to charge your phone and listen to music at the same time.

>Losing old technology has never been one of them, it's been their consistent success.

They haven't a proper replacement so that is entirely untrue. Using the same port for everything has lots of disadvantages compared to just have 2. Also lots of compatibility issues are to be had since 3.5mm was the standard for years. IE car stereos, old headphones, etc.

>They've been in decline since before Jobs died you moron, even if the stock keeps going up. Do you think the quality of product and stock price are related?
I'm not referencing their product decline i'm referencing their decline as a company since their investors are less interested and even the consumer base is dissatisfied. Even after jobs they still did ok for a while, now even the normies are upset.

This is like when they waited till like the iPhone 4 to add bluetooth (and/or wifi I aint a apple fag so i dont remember). My little shit moto-razor had bluetooth before the iphone even existed.

People who buy apple products are literally retarded. Buying a product with no features but think it is cool because it is all white and has a shitty apple on it.

Sort of like what Coke did when they intentionally released a bad tasting version of their soda to completely replace the older version, only to bring the original back after a while and make a fortune? Will people fall for that trick so easily again?

Wireless charging is, as a technology, way overhyped.

It's not like WiFi, where you can just put a little box in one room of your house and you never need to think about wires again. It's ridiculously short-ranged. If you want to curl up on the couch with your laptop and the battery's dead, tough luck.

It has to be built-in to the surface that you rest your device on. This means that they're going to try to sell us all "smart tables" or "smart desks," just using our old furniture without modification? That's not going to be an option anymore!

It's a ploy to make us need shit that won't really make our lives all that much better, and will end up in a landfill as soon as the technology goes out of fashion.

Now thislast thing is an engineering problem rather than a fundamental flaw in the technology, but I think it shows the short-sightedness of the people pushing it. A lot of the wireless charging mats out there right now will cause any piece of metal, not necessarily something meant to receive power, that just happens to match their "resonance" to heat up ridiculously hot. Third-degree burns hot. Not safe.

>people were saying losing the disk drive and cd drive was life or death

Noone uses those, but almost everyone uses the headphone jack. It's also a massive ripoff for what they're charging.

...seriously fuck you apple.

headphones jacks cost about $1.50 a piece, imagine if you jack the price of the phone up, DONT use headphone jacks, and reap all the profit from a million billion goys buying less for more!

There's been talk in financial circles for a few years, picking up credence and credibility after Steve Job's death, that in the world of tech which is so hyper-competitive and so forward thinking and innovative that companies like Google and Apple may simply not exist in 5 short years if they fuck up. This is especially true for Apple that depends on it's carefully timed, planned, and hyped product roll outs. If they fuck up just one product, perhaps omitting a headphone jack, and disappoints their fans in a big way then their whole company can take a big hit.

I think the tech sector more than any other, and these companies more than any other, are under a certain kind of suspicion by the masses for attempting to tell people 'what to think.' Hubris is a mother fucker. These companies' abilities to change the public mood is vastly overrated, particularly among their own board members and creative teams. People want what they want. Just give it to them.

RLM is funny

>$30
I work in retail selling Apple shit.

They're going to cost over $200.

he could cry about the 6 million on cam again

They'd probably get hit with anti-trust shit if they tried that. I know the government is corrupt, but they're not THAT corrupt yet, especially to try to force something past us that so many normies can understand on an intuitive level how they're getting shafted.

DRM

D

R

M

>They say that removing the headphone port makes the phone easier to waterproof.

Both the s7 and the s7 active are water-resistant to way more than the iPhone 7 is

His latest asskissing for Hillary was really a low point even in his career...

They're 170...in the us. So over 200 in aussielandia.

Fine, change non-itunes to pirated (i.e. anything ripped at home). Either way, it's just more control for apple.

Fucking awesome, but they should have waited until it was released to make this.

I'm just going to ignore the horribly failed attempt at humor and edginess in the pic, since that's just par for the course for Comedy Central.

This is just another example of the anti-consumer proprietary hardware bullshit that Apple is always pulling. I hope for the sake of the tards that still buy that shit that they didn't make some sort of encrypted bluetooth connection that makes it so that only Apple headphones can connect to the device.
Are normies really THIS technologically incompetent? Removing the port makes it so that you can't connect headphones to it (FUCKING DUHHHHHH) and you have to use a wireless connection. This means that not only do you have to worry about your shitty Apple phone battery life, but now you get to worry about your shitty Apple headset battery life.
Who is even the market for this? Rich city kids who hate high-quality audio?

I think it's more about control over the hardware you plug in to your phone than about the content you play on it.

We'll see. The future will tell. In 5years, when 6s and older models will be mostly gone from the market and they pull some shit around music drm, remember what i said here.

>Who is even the market for this?
People who experience Apple as a religion.

cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/index.html