So, some grumpy, geriatric dude will be her companion?

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bradley-walsh-revealed-doctor-who-11028647
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.
It's been low-key confirmed.

I could totally live with Bradders as a companion or even as Dr Who himself.

Maybe they should get Wilf back, he's not doing anything.

Cribbins is at that age now where it's a bit risky casting him in an important role because he's likely to croak mid filming.

I'm hoping we get more male companions now that the Doctor is a woman.

I kinda like the idea. They're basically revamping the whole show. It's like they're going all-out. Not just a female Doctor, but an older male companion as well.

Should really shake things up a bit, which is what the show really needs in my opinion.

Doctor Who is dead.

The only thing they needed to do was to stop being so self-congratulating. Feels like the show has been nothing but "rember classic Who?" since series 5. Nostalgia isn't sustainable. Doctor Who was popular when RTD was running things because it was new and revamped. Moffat's nostalgia trip was cool for a while but it dragged the show down as he kept doing it every episode of every series. The general public doesn't care much for and doesn't really know much about the classic series. It doesn't make for entertaining viewing for anyone other than autistic fans who watched every single episode.

>The only thing they needed to do was to stop being so self-congratulating.
They basically had to get rid of Moffat. The show really started losing its quality in his later series.

New showrunner, new writers, female Doctor, old dude companion, I love it. They're completely changing the format and dynamics. I love DW but I've grown a bit bored of it in recent years so the fact that they're basically completely rebooting the whole thing is great news to me.

Wow that's genuinely surprising. Would have thought they'd immediately jump on making the Doctor a lesbian.

In any case I assure you that FemDoctor will meet a female character who knew one of the male doctors and they'll french kiss because "it's still the doctor"

>I assure you that FemDoctor will meet a female character who knew one of the male doctors and they'll french kiss because "it's still the doctor"
That sounds like exactly the sort of thing Moffat would write. Don't forget that with a new showrunner all those Moffat tropes will likely be thrown out the window.

Would be great casting tbqh, Bradley is hard to dislike and is a decent enough actor for DW

I've never even seen or heard of this guy. What's his full name? What series or films did he act in?

Bradley Walsh
He's a bit of a Jack-of-all-trades. He's an ex-footballer turned actor, who also presents one of the most popular quiz shows in Britain. He also had a number one album last year. He was the lead in the UK version of Law and Order, and was in the long-running soap Coronation Street for a number of years. He's generally very well-liked and popular in the UK.

Why isnt the doctor black? Of course a privileged white gurl can be the doctor but a black woman!? Are you kidding me.

See black woman have to deal.with both racism, AND sexism and nobody cares about it.

The only hope for the new Doctor Who is that the male companion is an old hilarious grump.

Jesus, going by that description (and a quick skim through his wikipedia page) he seems really high-profile. Sounds like he'd be a good addition to the show since he's obviously well-known, he'll have fans who like him for his football career, music, acting etc. Could definitely get more people to watch DW again.
In fact, going by all that it sounds a bit too good to be true. Sounds like a busy man, does he even have time to film DW for, what is it, 8-10 months? No current projects or anything?

Even though I'm not familiar with him, I'd love to see a 57 year old man as a companion. Excited now.

Some grumpy white guy who will constantly need to be pointed out as being racist, sexist, homophobic, etc and is always wrong for his apparent bigotry all the time every time

All of the chasers would be good villains.

especially the beast and governess.

One of the chasers having a cameo would be priceless.

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bradley-walsh-revealed-doctor-who-11028647
>"It means that his schedule over the coming months will be jam-packed – so he won’t be able to continue with the full range of programmes he currently makes for ITV.
>“But, crucially, it won’t affect his role as presenter of The Chase. He loves that show with a passion and so does the audience, so he’s delighted to have found a way to make it all work”
Looks like his only other commitment will be the quiz show he presents.

Bradley was already in The Sarah Jane Adventures

If we don't get some River Song action, I'll be disappointed.

Its one episode at least.

That makes it sound like he's already been confirmed. I thought we were still at the rumour stage.

Moffat has poisoned your (and so many other fans) soul with his ridiculous tropes and agenda. If you watch anything Chris Chibnall has done you'd know he's the complete opposite of Moffat in writing style and characters. He doesn't resort to cheap jabs at racism, patriarchy and bigotry every five seconds like Moffat did. Chibnall is amazing at writing characters that feel real and human, unlike Moffat who thought writing a female character meant that she would have to constantly put down men and point out the flaws of society.

I really don't expect Bradley will be a token outlet for feminist outrage. He'll probably be an older guy, kinda lost his way in life, the meets the Doctor and they go on adventures.
It'll be nice to see the universe from the viewpoint of an older man instead of the generic 22-year-old girl. They could really do something good with this set-up.

I'd love to see River return again, but I wonder if it'll happen. River was very much Moffat's creation, just like Jack Harkness was RTD's.
By the looks of things they're going for a full reboot, 2010/Smith/Moffat style. There'll be references, but I doubt we'll see River or Jack for that matter. Chibnall really seems fixed on reinventing the show and making it his own.

I miss River and Jack. They're the most iconic new characters introduced in NuWho and they deserve to appear more in future. But yeah, it looks like the new regime will try and cut all ties with previous NuWho characters
And I don't care how Torchwood Miracle Day was pretty shit, I want another season. It's so annoying as well because John Barrowman is clearly up for it and really wants to do it

Let's have a River Song spin-off, though after the disaster that was Class I think the BBC will be a bit cautious about commissioning another spin-off.

It's an fake-out inversion. She's soon enough get a female companion and it'll be lesbian coding forever until finally they kiss. The Doctor finally finds love. You see, he couldn't really while he was a dude, because that wasn't the real him. That's why he spent all those centuries running away. He was trying to find himself. His female lesbian self.

And that's why Daleks look like evil knobbed dildos.

Moffat, stop. You're not running the show anymore, you need to let it go.

I would argue that FemDoctor wasn't necessary for this but as long as she's good it doesn't matter. Hopefully it'll stop the ratings freefall.

Not necessary, but it's still a breath of fresh air blown into a stagnating series. She's a good actress and Chibnall's a good writer, so chances are the ratings will get the surge they so desperately need.