Why did they shoehorn this in

Why did they shoehorn this in

There was literally no hint, wink or subtle references to any kind of romantic relationship

I thought the series was pretty good, but now I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth

They were hinting at that shit since season 3 you just weren't paying attention.

Nice get tho

they had to give Tumblr a reason to remember the failures that were seasons 3 and 4

Didn't feel shoehorned to me desu.

3 was better than the first two combined.

and no one watched it

>I thought the series was pretty good
There's your problem

The only hint was Korra blushing

It would've been completely forgettable otherwise.

These. The males were all meta cucks so based Asami had no choice but to go full fishmonger.

Because tumblr were the only people watching by the end and they had to appease them
Can't believe I sat through that entire shit show, how do you go from A:TLA to this abortion?

Doesn't really take away from the fact that it was an extremely well written season. Honestly it was on par with the original avatar series.

will join you on the hate train

So?

I was left with a nice sweet taste in my mouth

Why is everyone bitching about tumblr?? If they wanted to appease those beached whales Asami would have been some genderfluid dyke on a bike and Korra would have been transgender

Best girl.

I never said that it wasn't good

so they had to do something to make sure that people remembered the series

They went as far as they possibly could on Nickelodeon

No they wouldn't do that

Nobody wants to look at fat, ugly women. We are still not at that point

Korra is brown. That's enough for tumblr.

the shoehorned lesbian romance that came in at the last minute seems to have done just fine at appeasing them

she's an eskimo

I'll never mind lesbian shit or yuri unless the girls aren't hot.

>shoehorned

Why do you keep repeating this meme??

Their relationship is actually one of the best developed relationships on TV and it started halfway through the series. It was not just something they did last minute

Korrasami was a literal tumblr/reddit meme that was shitposted constantly while the show was airing
The writers regularly went on tumblr and added it in at the end for no reason
There was even the time they released the finale early on tumblr for people to watch

>forgetting they are peddling this shit to little girls and boys

Two characters who shared about 3 lines in the first few seasons are suddenly in love in the finale. The only interaction they had was 'writing letters' to each other between S3 and 4 and it was all offscreen.

She had more chemistry with Asami than that cardboard cutout Mako. And they kept it tame and tasteful. Why do you have your panties in a twist?

Western animators have a tendency to believe hypersensitive spergs on tumblr are representative of their fanbase.

Yes, lots of chemistry, but literally nothing to hint they were falling in love

It felt a bit forced but it was hardly the worst part of this show. The prequel double-episode was the worst part by far

Because tumblr and plebbit shippers were pushing it hard. The creators caved and pandered to the loudest, most obnoxious part of the fanbase while trying to virtue signal after nickolodeon yanked a lot of their funding. Plus the creators are both numale faggots

This but unironically.

i thought it was the best part of the show

-love /u/

>Why do you keep repeating this meme
because it's true

>Why do you have your panties in a twist?
i have nothing better to do. honestly there are better things to be mad about in season 4

ending looks find compared to the shit in the comcis.

>evil fire nation bans gayness during the war.
>aang's hippie daughter is a surprise dyke
>gays that remember the oppression under fire lord ozai.

Then you were never really a fan

This can't be real.

Well you guys definitely aren't the majority either.

>it was an extremely well written season
>Airbending suddenly returning asspull
>Bolin spontaneously learning how to lavabend for no reason
>Zuko coming back for no reason other than to job
>Kai
Season 3 was garbage just like the rest of the show, the only thing that sets it apart from the rest of the seasons is it had better villain designs and fight scenes.

I fucking hated Mako but he has more character than Asami who was a literal blank slate throughout the show.

I still don't get the final fight, the Red Lotus used a poison that would send Korra to the Avatar State then kill her to end the Avatar cycle.
But how did they make the poison in the first place? They would never have been able to test it on an Avatar to make sure it works beforehand.
Also since the Avatar State is just Raava going glowy now instead of a defense mechanism like in TLA it makes even less sense for Korra to go into it.

I want to take turns raping them while the other watches. Mind break them into slaves. They can play with each other when not pleasing me.

Because Korrasami is hot as fuck. Brown lesbians make my penis the big penis.

Dropped it for Wakfu

I didn't regret my decision

>being a fan of anything
>having anything against to hot girls getting together
maybe you should kill yourself faggot

>evil fire nation bans gayness during the war.
What?

>Complaining about the lavabending
Fuck off. Lavabending is hype.

Because the metal was mercury, and because she is human a fuckton of mercury will kill you

But how did they know it wouldn't just kill her normally instead of in the Avatar State

There as no set up for it, Bolin just magically became an adept lavabender.

They were just trying to get here into the avatar state so they could kill her in there.

Getting the Avatar to the point of dying is a pretty good way to get them into the avatar state.

It would have happened slowly enough to awake the avatar state

That sound's like a huge ass flaw if killing any Avatar while they're glowing would end the cycle permanently.

The set up was there

He thought he could metal bend but it turned out to be fruitless, but when escaping through the tunnels he was forced to lava bend in a life or death situation

I've written a script for a more than 6 hours review of legend of korra and how awful it is
explaining every little detail from how the fashion sense of the world doesn't make sense to how desperate they got in season 4 by rehashing the nazi themes from the OG series

one day I will put it to good use. one day

I think normally it wasn't a big deal but Korra ended an era or something by doing something (closing the spirit portals? I forgot)

>being actually autistic

This is a common trope in anime and comics, that unleashing your full spiritual power also leaves you at your most vulnerable.

My work for literature on high school was a detailed 8 pages explanation of the politics in one piece
You don't know what autism is, boy

But he knew next to nothing about lavebending, that actually makes it less impressive if it's just something you can suddenly learn to do under pressure

>lava
>under pressure
POTTERY

Korra was a very good character, Bolin was good, other 2 where shit.

Season 1 and 3 had great villains, 2 was decent, 4 was an villain su, they didn't even let Korra get a win over that uppity bitch and they let her away with it all because she felt sorry.

I think what really let the show down was that they didn't know how long it would run for when they started so unlike the original series which was one over arching plot this series had a weaker narrative.

>Korra was a very good character

I like my happy go lucky, big titty girls.

She was extremely unlikeable for the first two seasons, and her actions were excused under subjective ideals.

I'd like to point out something people tend to forget, korra isn't just the avatar, she just happens to be the water princess of the south

>Season 2 was decent
>spirits become generic dark monsters that look nothing like the original series
>Yin and Yang turn into good vs evil
>balance goes out the window as a central theme
>dark avatar
>jinora suddenly getting magic powers because the plot demands it
>Korra deciding to leave the portals open for no reason when spirits have done nothing but wreak havoc in the human world

Opinions but I never had a problem with how she got on, I liked her bravado, but I get that one mans bravado is anothers arrogance.

Bolin was just a more shitty quirky rip off of Sokka and he pales in comparison to the original

why the fuck does bolin and mako wear colors that match their bending? are they pokemons? does the writter think we are too stupid and can't compreehend a firebender liking to wear blue for example?

the show is shit so I dropped it pretty early already

but I was always tempted to watch it solely because of the supposed yuri later on

the purest form of love

Anng was very arrogant and carefree about things, but he sooner came to learn how easy it is to hurt people

Korra on the other hand gets excused for her selfish behaviours even though she was constantly surrounded by far wiser people

The show routinely pushed the idea of: "You fucked up, but it's okay because people may disagree with you, but people always disagree".

Very little consideration is given to the suffering and time wasting she has caused

Dude literally every single episode from the og series and korra series has this

>air is brown
>earth is green
really makes you go hmmmm

>best friend is a fire bender
>trains very often with said fire bender
>lives in an era where new martial arts are emerging or returning from disuse, including the renewed connection to the spirit world
yeah it's a mystery

>Ravaa dies
>Vaatu turns into a giant destructive monster
>Korra uses random magic tree to become giant monster (remember at this point she has no Avatar Spirit, she's just a normal person. So really anybody can defeat turbo-Vaatu as long as they can meditate in a tree)
>Pacific Rim fight in front of Republic City
>Jinora Ex Machina
>When Raava dies - Vaatu goes super-saiyan but when Vaatu dies - literally nothing happens to Raava/Korra

And this isn't even a fraction of the things wrong with this season

Not a point
in the OG series all the nations are heavily separed and fire nation clothing would be the equivalent of wearing a nazi uniform
In korra's time tho, republic city is supposed to be the big capital of the world where people of all over it could live and thrive together in peace, yet they still use green if they're earthbendenders like they are lablled as ketchup and mostard

There was no yuri, the closest thing you get is the last couple seconds of the show where they just threw in a couple of seconds of hand holding to appease tumblr

the most offensive case of this for me is Bolin and Mako, both are brother from earthbender and firebender parents, yet just because bolin is a earthbender he has to wear green

>tfw Bolin doesn't get anything to remember his father by because all his scarves were red

I was referring to the villain, although I still enjoyed season 2 despite not liking what they did to the lore. I thought the idea of destroying past lives was stupid, they are a part of a persons soul, not some stupid spirit.

I didn't think she ever did anything that bad.

Because delicious art.

You're literally making up explanations to excuse shitty writing. Mako was never shown teaching Bolin firebending techniques nor was Bolin ever shown practicing lavabending. He just got a buff because he was Korra's friend

who the fuck designed republic city? the first thought that popped into my mind was
>what if a 4 earthbenders thugs just wanted to go 9/11 on these buildings? who would stop them?
and in season 4 it is exactly what Bolin does
what the fuck?

The same thing happens with the metalbenders cops, what if a metalbender wants to smash the cop inside of it like in a can of tuna, which is exactly what happens in season 3

When toph learns metalbending it is shown very clearly that she isn't actually bending the metal but the tiny little pieces of dirt among it yet in korra they can bend mercury which clearly doesn't have any dirt in it

If you look with attention to korra's world you can see these cracks very clearly, things weren't thought through at all

brb gone fappin'

Don't have screen cap but it's easyto Google or pirate I was really mad too

desu every avatar comic is terrible, even the ones from the OG series

?

Shoehorn what ?

You said it yourself. There was no hint, wink or reference anywhere in the show.

It does not exist. Simple as that.

Its literally just an internet meme that is irrelevant.

go back to Sup Forums you pathetic children

Nice reddit spacing fuckboy.

I would like to hear more about the fashion sense.

didn't the lead writer confirm lesbianism on his blog, not sure since i don't even like or watch this garbage

>the whole entire arc with Ursula
She is a terrible mother.

They both did, yeah.

My main problem with Korra was there were no scenes of people learning things.

Just off the top of my head in TLA I remember
>Aang being introduced to waterbending
>Katara learning from the waterbending scroll
>Aang learning the firebending basics the first time but messing it up
>Toph explaining where earthbending came from
>Aang's first earthbending lesson (this had an entire episode dedicated to it)
>Iroh explaining the origins of lightning bending/redirecting
>The firebending origins/dragon episode
>The bloodbending episode
>The metal bending episode

Every time somebody learned something new, the audience learned about how it fit within the bending system of the world (metal bending being small earth particles, bloodbending only being possible at full moons etc), we learn about the spiritual/mental side as well as the physical disciplines required. Sparky-boom guy is the only exception I can think of which imo is one of the big flaws in S3 of TLA

In Korra they introduce magic psychic bloodbending without a full moon that also removes bending, spirit-calming water bending, spirit fire bending, lava bending, free-flight airbending, spirit lasers and probably others I'm forgetting all with no explanation. Every season they just added a bunch of new superpowers to increase the stakes but it left the whole world feeling fake and shallow.