So Sup Forums, what did you think?

So Sup Forums, what did you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJx9Nf6uEgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w5BwXaVpTYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Human characters were undeveloped, generic action scenes, cgi aliens, sjw pandering

Worse than prometheus

>expected Alien
>got Prometheus

this. how that is possible is a mystery

Cool poster

Why do you think it was SJW pandering?

I liked it. It's the space exploration of Prometheus mixed with the horror of Alien.

So wrong

It's simple, for all its flaws Prometheus DID open up a brand new universe of wonder and discovery. An entire new planet and race of humanoids that could have been explored in the most breathtaking and beautiful way possible. Instead Scott just got super lazy and killed off the engineers and made David way too focal of a point

5/10 fucking trash

unnecessary exposed homodroids scene

Needed 100% more David, I hope the next film is 100% David.

Didn't care for it. It has none of the spirit of the first two, which are the only ones that matter. Those were dark, uncomfortable horror films set in space. Prometheus and Covanent are just CGI jerk fests. And, that they had BETTER androids, before Cane came along in the first? Bullshit.

Prometheus would have been fine as a stand alone movie, in it's own universe. Adding in Alien is just fucking stupid, and shit back story for where the aliens came from.
That's why I'm keeping my expectations low for Bladerunner. Ridley lost his touch, and his creativity. He's incapable of making a movie as great as Alien now. He went Hollywood and schlocky CGI cumfest.

Surprisingly good movie, much better than expected. 7,5/10

How? Ridley Scott. He's calling all the shots here. Apparently there was a great Alien 5 script that was finished, Sigourney was on-board to do it, and it would have fit what Ridley was doing, and bridge to what Ridley was doing - but Ridley killed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJx9Nf6uEgQ

It's a bit long, but a detailed story of what happened to the 5th movie.

ALL blame is on Ridley.

Shrank the universe to like five people. 30 years and they still don't get why people like the xenos.

I like the ambient music.

planet was nice and rainy and the robot stuff was cool. everything else was very, very shitty

butch gay couple

I was quite mad they are telling us the great race of creators of pretty much everything can be wiped out with a single drop of super aids from one fucking ship.

I'm convinced Prometheus was an honest effort at making a good movie but Covenant was just spite; against studios, against fans, against what the IP has become.

Did anybody else laugh at the protomorph birth scene ? Maybe it's the music ( which is great )and the way it spreads its arms. Like, I get ''The Moment'', but they could of executed this scene a lot better

>The moment
>The music
>The Arms
>Just...

youtube.com/watch?v=w5BwXaVpTYQ

>walter

The problem with Prometheus was that bogus dogshit script.
It was a visually great film, with amazing locations and sets, a nearly flawless blend of practical and computer effects, and I thought the cast all did a great job.
My problem is all the dumb shit in the movie just tips the scale too far in the other direction and I can't honestly say I liked the movie, much as I wanted to.
Also, that trailer was fucking hype, and I don't know if anything could have lived up to it.

Pretty much, Sup Forums was telling me it was the worst film ever made so I watched it and I really enjoyed it, and considering they said the same thing about Prometheus I also decided to dismiss all opinions about the franchise I read on here.

What did they do, fuck on screen?

I didn't even notice it until Sup Forums mentioned it, and even then it's questionable: one of them gets killed and the other cradles his corpse for a few seconds.

That's it?

Legit question here.
Where did you guys see the androids kiss? It definately wasnt in the theatrical release i saw. I went with 2 friends and they dont remember that either.
Is it in the directors cut or something?
Ive seen the clip on youtube and def would have remembered that uncomfortable moment

well said

I think it's shortly after Walter fingers and David blows

It bothered me there was no Engineers at all except getting genocided for no real reason.

prometheus had us left off with david as a disembodied head with the chick going to meet their makers. which was the point of the voyage to backwater space in the first place.

the worst formula from the first movie which was stupid humans being supid and dying was repeated in covenant, and frankly I dont care to see that.

we get it aliens have scary tongue. so why were engineers truing to kill off humans?

whats the point? they had a engineer give his life in a sacrificial ceremony to get humanity going, and that turned into some bullshit after 2 movies.

30 years we wondered about the elephant man.

now its about AI psycho experimenting on humans and killing off the only interesting characters in the franchise..

was hoping engineers were at war with predator race or something and humans were newcomers to the events.

>now its about AI psycho experimenting on humans and killing off the only interesting characters in the franchise..
Totally came out of nowhere, innit.

>1:27:45
It's right before david breaks his neck, or whatever the fuck he does to walter.

Did it bother anyone that aliens were tearing out of people 5 minutes after they got infected or face hugged?

I liked Danny McBride, but I like his one character in general, no matter in what movie or TV show

Where was the Deacon?
Why is there now THREE (3) different "alien" species running about now? (Deacon, Neomorph, Xenomorph)

Deacon is made by aborted squidley-boo face hugger impregnating an engineer.
Spraying them with black goo makes them explode into neomorphs.

I'm pretty sure there was literally a canon comic where the Deacon mutated into an organic acid volcano on that planet or some shit and was found many years later. The new canon is even more of a clusterfuck than the old extended universe where Dutch from Predator (with a big bionic arm) teams up with an android Ibuki and two predators.

Yeah, but why set up the Deacon then not use it? Don't say because it looked stupid because Neomorphs looked dumber

Better than Aliens and Prometheus. Not as good as Alien 3 and definitely not as good as Alien.

Tried to expand on Prometheus' ideas but they all fell flat. Idiot characters with no development.

>It bothered me there was no Engineers at all except getting genocided for no real reason.

Good. That Star Trek fantasy shit had no place in the Alien series.

the mental hoops you have to go through to think that is SJW pandering... Kill yourself cuck.

>this minor subplot that appeared only in the first movie is equivalent to Michael Fassbender hijacking the franchise xD

>minor subplot
You mean the whole reason the franchise happened?

>xD
Your post was stupid enough already, you didn't need to give it away

Is the second going to happen?

>Tried to expand on Prometheus' ideas

No, it didn't. They tried to please Xeno fanboys by handwaving them away and failed hard.

>whole reason the franchise happened

Try harder.

This. The worst part is all the complaints about Prometheus not being an alien horror movie. So they introduce us to all of these new concepts without continuing it. Instead we get what was supposed to please fans of alien and they dropped the new plot like a bad habit. I was interested in seeing where it went.

The ending was fucking predictable. I mean, even if I was checking and pausing the movie to see if it was actually the first robot the same scars the same broken hand the same exact clothes, it didn't matter there was nothing that really REALLY told me I wasn't being fooled.

Basicall I WANTED to be fooled by the details but the movie didn't even want to do it.

>Basicall I WANTED to be fooled by the details but the movie didn't even want to do it.
This is common in modern films. Details don't matter anymore.

It's called dramatic irony and it's nothing new, of course you know that the evil robot is doing something underhanded to further his goals, that's the whole point, there's no escaping that unless you watch Covenant without seeing Prometheus first, but even then the opening scene hints at his nature.

They also play the flute together and there's a bunch of "fingering" and "careful with your hands" stuff dropped. Fassbender also kisses himself.

Walter's finger and blow

Hot

>dramatic irony
I call it cheap twist.
If you are hinted about his nature, what's the problem of hinting that the final robot is the evil robot.
There is absolutely NO reason not to hint it. A small detail that you would catch if you pause the movie and actively look for it. Not a telegraphed scene after "the figth" between them. Just a small detail.

You are presented with the fight. You do not know how it ends. They deliberately didn't show the outcome after presenting both robots having an edge in the fight.
So, you are naturally left with the question "Is this the good robot or not?"
Not giving a small detail that would answer that in-universe after what we already saw, is cheap. Not dramatic irony.

>why set up the Deacon then not use it?
Don't ask me user.

didn't like it at all honestly

crew seemed completely 2d and had very little development

i feel like it tried to be philosophical and deep with the nature of AI awakening and the creator/created thing but didn't push it far enough in that direction because they remembered they called the movie Alien and had to have the Alien show up

So it shows up and it feels like a b movie slasher killer - the film suffered greatly from not being in a confined space too imo.

very poor.

The scene that counted human embryos as casualties pissed off all the pro-abortion people. Top Kek