Sony Announces MEN IN BLACK Reboot/Spin-Off; No Will Smith Or Tommy Lee Jones

>The ambition is akin to the way that Jurassic World rebooted and expanded that franchise.

deadline.com/2017/09/men-in-black-spinoff-may-17-2019-steven-spielberg-walter-parkes-laurie-macdonald-matt-holloway-art-marcum-1202179483/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mVAePIyC4kQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i hope the 21 jump street crossover happens

>more remake vomit

>no all-female Men in Black

DROPPED

>No Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek

dropped.

>hollywood releases reboot after reboot
>ticket sales decrease exponentially
>better make more reboots

Holy fuck I forgot about that.

The pieces are coming together

>implying isnt going to be women in black

Wat?

>Sony Announces
Whatever follows these two words is never good

>black women

That reminds me, when will they reboot Cable Guy?

hell yes

What's the point of the crossover without Will or Tommy?

How is a japanese company such a liberal shitfest?

Oh cool I was thinking about MIB today.

I remember the first and third films very well, but not the second.

I enjoyed the third, is this the wrong opinion Sup Forums

It's their American division , apparently Sony unlike many Asian companies gives representative offices more freedom.

I bet you remember this.

how the fuck did you know my fetishes, fuck off

they need to do an annie/ghost busters/star trek style reboot with an all-black cast of women and make it about illegal human aliens

the problem is that 1 and 2 blend together and you get false memories of loose skin hick alien and victorias secret shapeshifter alien occupying the screen at the same time

I guarantee you one or both agents will be female

So they're going to ruin this franchise too

>an MIB movie with no Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AND HOLLYWOOD BLAMES ROTTEN TOMATOES FOR THEIR POOR BOX OFFICE SALES!

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF HOLLYWOOD

nothing is safe anymore

theyve already had

The third had a kino ending

Another amazing movie by Sony Pictures™

>2017
>cable

>expanded that franchise.
Just how expanded do you want it to get. It has two sequels and a cartoon. Its "last scene twist" had expanded to the galaxy and time.

STOP WITH THE FUCKING REBOOTS

to be fair if anything can successfully do with a Reboot it'd be MIB.

>Tommy Lee is way to old to still be playing K
>Will Smith no longer has the drawing power he once did but still has the ability to soak up a large chunk of the budget
>isn't helping matters that everytime a new MIB has been mentioned since before 3 was even done Will is insistent on having Jaden Smith join the series since he's such a star attraction

Sony keeps all their divisions pretty separated, not only by country but by whatever said division makes.

Sony Pictures as a whole is seen as an ever increasing black mark for the company and even other branches of Sony in the US, like the game division heavily dislike having to work with them.

why dont they make it from the civilians perspective? make the mib come off as scary as fuck and mysterious. call the movie: the silencers

>Not Woman on Black

please be Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy
blockbuster hit

This is what they should have done, instead of that shit 3rd one. The MiB universe is huge, literally the entire universe. Why should it only hang on one dude?
Be a shame if Shaloob isn't in it, though.

Or Zed. He could have been the connection. Although it's never stated he's in charge of the whole thing, or just the NY office.

To a point. They fire those CEOs rather easily, too.

>another sony reboot

meh

I only liked the first movie and the cartoon series anyway. speaking of which, I have too re watch it one of these days, I wonder if it still holds up.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVAePIyC4kQ

If they make it that it's in the same universe and Agent J and K just aren't the main characters this time around I will support it.
But if it's another shitty SONY being SONY shit show (which I'm 99.9% sure it will be) they can all go fuck themselves with a hot spoon.

all i hope for that its not a remake, has good casting and its not 100% cg
if they want, they can make it a black woman and a white guy. i hope it doesnt try to be realistic and its good capeshit

But it doesnt need a REBOOT. You can make another MIB that takes place now or 2020 when it comes out. No need to reference J or K, they're on assignment or retired or w.e. Just do another pair of agents, maybe in another part of the world. Use what audiences now, borrow the iconic elements, make a new movie. This is the mistake they made with ghostbusters and ASM. It doesnt need to be a reboot, just keep moving forward, don't hit the reset button.

They did a reboot already. In england, with chavs. It was called "Kingsman."