Orthodox thread

Everyone who is a part of the faith and the Church, post here. All who are interested as well, atheists and God-fearing, are also welcome to post.

youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo
orthodoxwiki.org/Nestorianism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syro-Malabar_Catholic_Church
youtube.com/watch?v=GmXVlnfJ9IA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1mb1KV_SY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does Armenian Apostolic count as Orthodox?

Yep

>orthodox
Meh a little better than protestants

This is why christianity is bullshit.
Christian women also have to cover their hair and body. You guys do whatever you want and still call yourself true orthodox christians.

youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk

youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo

t. Mohammed Al-Farini Al-Abdullah Kraut-Ali

>things mad sand niggers say

I recently started dating a gorgeous Russian girl who is just a bit younger than me. She tells me she goes to her church each Sunday morning. I'm beginning to sense she is wife material. Problem is, I was born Roman Catholic but I really don't believe in sky-spirits all that much. It's very attractive but on an intellectual level I just can't bring myself to do it.

Orthodox women generally do cover their head worship, as Saint Paul urged,, although Saint Paul also said that if someone wants to be contentious about it then it's not a requirement.

Do you pray? Have you gone to her parish?

*in worship

I get the sense she's not going to want me to meet her family or visit her church anytime soon. I would definitely check it out if she wanted me to. She played me some Greek Orthodox chant one day while I prepared us dinner and thought it was very beautiful to listen to. I believe in love, I believe there is an order to the universe. I would do what it takes to make her happy even including getting married in her church. She's wonderful.

You should probably ask if she would like you to go.

I did and she said eventually. I think she has great values and probably doesn't want to disappoint her family by introducing some dude to them she has just met. Like I said before I was born Roman catholic but I just can't accept what I view as a degenerate (especially in view of the current pope) religion.

You should start praying with her.

good thing that the pope doesnt have have any relevance in the Orthodox church.

You should invite her to a trinidine mass and show her Gregorian chants.

But he doesn't always seem to realize that, kek.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The fact that they left out things like the Nestorian Schism shows that the creators of this picture are literally being dishonest and deceptive

High Trinidine Mass isn't any more impressive than regular Divine Liturgy. In fact, a little less so, since there is not iconostasis or things like that.

Gregorian chants are seldom used in Catholic worship today. The chants she showed him were probably ones used in actual lay worship.

American Orthodox here

Indeed, we are not supposed to hate our flesh and blood, our body as distasteful, as Gnostics do. Our body is a holy gift, but it is misused. The idea is to sanctify it.

The Nestorian schism is pretty minor, relatively speaking.

I'm a Christin Deist moving toward Orthodox Christianity after realizing Deism just allows you to remain ignorant of the scripture by allowing you to disagree with anything in the Bible without being forced to really think about everything.

Are you white? I am interested in going to an Orthodox Church, but I am Anglo-Saxon and I feel like most of the people there are Russian, Greek or brown.

Interesting, have you attended a service yet?

Try the Antiochian Orthodox Church. In America, it's mostly converts

Greek branch reporting in

Stormfaggotry is incompatible with Christianity.

barev, urteghits es?

The orthodox need to learn to pray the rosary and the sacred heart devotion

>High Trinidine Mass isn't any more impressive than regular Divine Liturgy. In fact, a little less so, since there is not iconostasis or things like that.

Theres no harm in showing her the beauty and wounder of the Catholic Church in the same way there is no harm in her showing the same in the Orthodox Church.

Yet they include groups like the Essenes which were tiny. Its dishonest and paints a deceptive picture of unity. Nestorianism was fare larger and more influential especially in the far east.

Yeah, but it's reasonable to want a parish that has services in your own tongue.

also master race reporting in

Both white nationalist and catholics
Want to defeat ZOG

catholcucks are the ZOG you bluepilled moron

post yfw you will never be armenian master race

lots of beauty to the orthodox church
Unfortunately they dont pray the rosary
Its why orthodox christians lost constantinople and got slaughtered in russia.

I, too, worship the Jew as supreme creator god and chosen people. What can I do to accelerate their plan of global domination and enslavement of the goyim?

If it's in the US any archdiocese is going to do the liturgy mostly in English.

No zog is jews
Real catholics understand jews are of their father the devil.

The catholic church hates ZOG they are just too scared to fight it.

We have the Jesus Prayer

Being devoted to a heart has not basis in Holy Tradition

>Theres no harm in showing her the beauty and wounder of the Catholic Church in the same way there is no harm in her showing the same in the Orthodox Church.
Sure, but I mean, we have Trinidine Mass too (slightly different, like no Filioque, but mostly the same), we just call it the Liturgy of Saint Gregory. But it doesn't represent most of our Church anymore than it represents most of yours

>Yet they include groups like the Essenes which were tiny.
That's probably because some people assert they were the original Christians and the only ones true to Christ's teachings. A lot more secular scholars say that with them than with the Nestorians.

Also found something interesting despite being irrelevant they have about 4 times the membership of Antiochians

orthodoxwiki.org/Nestorianism

Maybe half in English. A lot of the Liturgy will still be in a foreign tongue, and extra-Liturgical activities will often be very, very ethnically oriented. All that is fine, and all parishes are equally valid and you can join any, but if the guy wants one that is mainly in English, that's perfectly fine.

The jesus prayer is not the same as the rosary
Jesus prayer did not stop jews from killing christians in russia
The jesus prayer did not stop muslims from killing christians in constantinople.

The rosary has defeated communist,jews,muslims and niggers in the past.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the RCC allows Nestorius to be commemorated as a saint and for his Liturgy to be used.

Sure, but I mean, we have Trinidine Mass too (slightly different, like no Filioque, but mostly the same), we just call it the Liturgy of Saint Gregory. But it doesn't represent most of our Church anymore than it represents most of yours.

Depends on how traditional your particular parish is. Still there is no reason for him not to give her the otherside.

>That's probably because some people assert they were the original Christians and the only ones true to Christ's teachings. A lot more secular scholars say that with them than with the Nestorians.

Its probably because the author of that picture wants to paint a false picture of unity and that any division that can be found in other competitors will be highlighted whilst any in his own creed will literally be hidden.

Yes, we were martyred by Muslims. Meanwhile, your Pope, whom you commemorated as a saint, kissed the Koran in veneration.

Your argument is like those who antagonized Job.

The third secret of fatima
Is the orthodox christians in russia need to learn the rosary and the sacred heart and immaculate heart devotiin to protect the christians from commies and jews.

You have a lot of nerve coming here to shill your pagan cult.

Pope francis is not the real pope.
Pope benedict is still alive.

It would be heretical, but not ahistorical, to be half-Orthodox and half-pagan, and I wonder if that's exactly what we need in this period of flux before safe white Orthodox families can settle down in a new normality.

>Depends on how traditional your particular parish is. Still there is no reason for him not to give her the otherside.
There kind of is, since the Orthodox are not supposed to go to non-Orthodox churches.

>Its probably because the author of that picture wants to paint a false picture of unity and that any division that can be found in other competitors will be highlighted whilst any in his own creed will literally be hidden.
Well ours hasn't changed, it's been consistent. So that makes sense.

That's not what he said though, he cares if the parish is white or brown, which is phyletism (heresy).

I'm talking about John Paul, not Francis

Neither of those even existed in the early Church, so why do you think they are required for protection? What rubbish.

The orthodox christians need the rosary and the sacred heart and immaculate heart devotions.

I'm presuming he isn't sorting them by skin color, but language. Hence his mention of Russians.

shoo heretic

Would convert if the priest can be actually bothered to do the service in Turkish.

Only protestants seem to give a shit about the fact that for new converts you need to speak the common language.

Keep in mind the meme is based on hypothetical recreations of the fish God depictions. No one actually knows what the depictions looked like.

>I'm not sure why the RCC allows Nestorius to be commemorated as a saint

Do you have a source on that?

>his Liturgy to be used.

Because that liturgy was created and used before the time of heresy.

John paul the second was a false pope
He hid a sex scandal
Kissed a koran and kiss the asses of jews.

I respect the orthodox church
I just wish the orthodox christians would learn to pray the rosary.

>secrets of Fatima
>At the start of a period of almost unprecedented turbulence
>predicted absolutely bothing but advised everybody to join the church that the Fatima secrets came out of
... rrrrright. You got a love note from God to the effect that your sect was the official one -- even though it's the most bastardized one -- but you can't show it to me because you ate it.

The alter is a depiction of Revelations 11:19-12:1

You need the rosary

also, the "Holy Mary" that you worship is none other than Semiramis, the mother of Tammuz

Isis
Horus
Set

Yuck, we don't want you roach.

Apologize for the genocide.

I should have asked her what it was exactly; I know it's on u.tube.
Here is what's really cool. She asked me to fast with her next time. She told me that recently she had been fasting in advance of (St Mary's birthday?)

Im not saying orthodox christians need to convert to catholics.

Im saying orthodox christians need to learn to pray the rosary and sacred heart devotion.

This same (((Patriarch))) is friendly with moslems, asks church members to reject nationalism and tolerate (((Russian))) moslems on historically Russian lands, he also called Rus tribe dirty animals. Fuck him

>Do you have a source on that?
>East Syrian liturgy has three Anaphorae; those of the Holy Apostles (Saints Addai and Mari), Mar Nestorius, and Mar Theodore the Interpreter. The first is the most popularly and extensively used. The second was traditionally used on the Epiphany and the feasts of St. John the Baptist and of the Greek Doctors, both of which occur in Epiphany-tide on the Wednesday of the Rogation of the Ninevites, and on Maundy Thursday. The third is used (except when the second is ordered) from Advent to Palm Sunday. The same pro-anaphoral part serves for all three.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syro-Malabar_Catholic_Church

The Rosary none of the Apostles knew how to Pray the Rosary. I don't see why you're fixating on this so much. We don't object to praying the Rosary, it's not like we see it as heretical. Orthodox can do it if they want to. We just don't have any particular obsession with it.

pagans excluded...
do you want to find your way to the real Gods or not?
poor deluded people...

Anything Armenian counts as kurdo-turkish land fertiliser.

>There kind of is, since the Orthodox are not supposed to go to non-Orthodox churches.

They arent meant to receive communion/ participate in the sacrements sure but exploring other churches is no problem. The Truth does not fear investigation.

>Well ours hasn't changed, it's been consistent. So that makes sense.

The Catholics could make exactly the same picture only with the East Orthodox Church Branching off then branching of into things like Nestoriansim and the like.

If they hid things like Protestantism on claims like oh we dont need to include them because we remained consistent you would rightly call bs

Very christian of you. Faggot.

You're in Turkey mate, you can go hit up Base Bart himself.

You are not a orthodox christian
You are a muslim shitskin living in greece
You filthy muslims destroy constantinople and move to greece.

The rosary has it's origins in Orthodoxy. St. Seraphim of Sarov instructed people to do it. It's not like we have any problems with it. Our own daily prayers probably take longer to say.

Ask the priest if you could get a bilingual liturgy guide. You can actually join in the singing if you just learn the Greek alphabet (which isn't that hard)

Hope to have you.

I want the orthodox to learn to pray the rosary so they can be protected from commies,jews and muslims.

>Sup Forums realizes that cathocucks are pussy faggots and that the crusades were a meme so they want to claim they're orthodox now

lmao

all of christianity is pussified bullshit you fucking stupid kike-worshipping fucks. Islam is more red-pilled than this meek and mild cuck religion

kill yourselves

youtube.com/watch?v=GmXVlnfJ9IA

ONE

HOLY

CATHOLIC

AND

APOSTOLIC

CHURCH

I'm white with black hair and a brown beard, but even if I was a Turk I wouldn't care you know why?

Because I'm not a retarded heretic catholicuck stormnigger like you, go kiss rapefugee feet and confess to a child molester, dumb faggot.

>but exploring other churches is no problem
Yeah, it's actually technically prohibited to pray with heretics. Unless they are coming to pray with you under Orthodox prayer

>The Catholics could make exactly the same picture
Except Catholics believe the understanding of dogma improves with time, which the Orthodox don't.

Your patriarch is a fucking joke desu. He fucking denied the Armenian genocide.

>Eucharist is invalid

You're the heretic senpai

There will always be martyrs in the True Church. Christ and every Apostle save Saint John was martyred.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fk1mb1KV_SY

I don't want some shitty roach converting to orthodoxy to finally be accepted on Sup Forums

You are a roach and you will always be a roach. Apologize for the genocide (not like it will unroach you and let you go to heaven anyway)

The catholics have defeated islam with rosary prayer.

No he didn't.

Catholic Eucharist IS invalid. This guy is flying off the handle with all the Protestant memes, but that is technically true.

>god fearing
Why do you fear god if he is benevolent? Why are negative emotions such asfear and guilt such a big part of your doctrine?
As far as I know thats the more Catholic way. Not orthodox.
Also what do you think about gnosticism?

The Catholics literally created Islam, do your research heathen.

Why should he have to apologize for a genocide he did not commit?

Whose invisible poop eating cosmic sand monkey is better

Your source only states they used the liturgy which I explained in my post. My question was about the source for them continuing to venerate him as a saint.

I know they did at one stage but Im fairly sure that is no longer the case.