Why is this revival of "Will and Grace" a thing? The show wasn't that great to begin with...

Why is this revival of "Will and Grace" a thing? The show wasn't that great to begin with, fell off immensely during the later seasons, and was literally forgotten about once it ended.

Hell, it never came near the acclaim or ratings heights of the other Must See TV shows. The final episode drew ratings equivalent to most of it's first 3 seasons, whereas Frasier and Friends two years prior were some of the highest series finales ever.

It's not like this show is still super popular in syndication or streaming like Friends and Seinfeld have remained. It was pulled from local syndication 9 years ago and on cable only airs in the dead of night on the Logo network (LGBT specialty channel).

The worst part is this all comes out of a reunion they did to advertise the Clinton campaign last year which was total cringe.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/09/29/all-the-trump-burns-in-the-will-grace-season-premiere/
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/09/will-and-grace-revival-review/541362/
ew.com/tv/2017/09/28/will-and-grace-trump-jokes/
newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/what-can-will-and-grace-tell-us-in-2017
vulture.com/2017/09/will-and-grace-best-trump-joke-is-its-setting.html
thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/353096-will-grace-takes-on-trump-in-reboot-premiere
bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41442063
businessinsider.com/will-and-grace-premiere-recap-lots-of-trump-jokes-2017-9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who wants to bet that the first episode of the revival has no fewer than three Trump jokes?

Grace's whole subplot is SNL-tier trump jokes.

Nigger the first episode already aired and the entire thing took place in the White House

Notable zingers: Trump is orange, Trump works for the Russians, everyone in the Secret Service is gay so they don't bother to do anything for security anymore, there will be a new President by 2018

The episode ended with an image of this hat

Oh, did it already air?

It already aired last night (somehow drawing over 10 million viewers)

Also, yeah the whole thing was about Trump apparently:
washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/09/29/all-the-trump-burns-in-the-will-grace-season-premiere/
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/09/will-and-grace-revival-review/541362/
ew.com/tv/2017/09/28/will-and-grace-trump-jokes/
newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/what-can-will-and-grace-tell-us-in-2017
vulture.com/2017/09/will-and-grace-best-trump-joke-is-its-setting.html
thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/353096-will-grace-takes-on-trump-in-reboot-premiere
bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41442063
businessinsider.com/will-and-grace-premiere-recap-lots-of-trump-jokes-2017-9

good god no

How the fuck does this shit happen?
There are a shit ton of better shows that could be revived over this shit
>muh gay people show

Who cares, think of all those shows that died, and never got a come back but this shit did.

I watched the show years ago and the George W. Bush jokes were always the absolute lamest part, but they were also extremely few and far between.

I don't know who the hell thought it would be a good idea to do a 100% political episode, let alone start the revival with one.

>The show wasn't that great to begin with
Get out.

Everyone listed all of the cons so here are the pros

>Jack
>Will being a hypocrite

That's it

there are good ideas and there are subversive ideas

Will and Disgrace.

Did basically everybody in Hollywood like this guy until he became Literally Hitler 18 months ago?

Yes. Had he not ran for president, he would've been remembered the same way Hugh Heffner was remember this past day
>likeable
>hollywood elite
>playboy
>rich
>"philanthropist"
>scandalous love life
>overall 8/10, would shed a tear for again

I hope it gets more seasons just to piss off Sup Forums

Karen is still hot as fuck, we can all agree on this right?

Someone who actually watched the episode here, the episode is in fact FILLED with >muh Trump, but the episode also ends saying that getting too political is annoying, or some shit like that.

Karen says "When you two talk about politics, you get so preachy." and then Jack says "We should just be what we've always been."
He follows it up with "a Middle Aged Woman."

Based Jack

>tfw no new season of Frasier

*"a SAD Middle Aged Woman."
Sorry, I left out the best part. Does anyone have a webm of it?

Not even sure how that would look. Niles looks like a legit walking corpse now.

I like my local store owner, but I wouldn't want him being president.
Especially when he showed he's not fit for the job.

Because NBC signed the fag on the right to some sort of long-term contract and his sitcom failed and they have to figure something out to do with him.

yes, actually.

It's funny how it was always "the gay show" but it had so much DFC and MILF going on

Karen was the annoying voiced one that you want to hate fuck all the time right?

I went to the movies for the first time in like 7 years to see "It" two weeks ago and I was rewarded with a commercial for this show that featured about 15 seconds of two men passionately kissing, projected onto a screen bigger than my living room.

The kikes need to stop.