Why did frodo have to leave middle earth?

why did frodo have to leave middle earth?
why can't he stay in the shire forever with his little friends?

He had PTSD

he become an honorary aryan and got to live forever on aryan elf island

actually PTRD

He got poisoned twice (Witch-King and Shelob) and still felt the pain from it.

Fredo had a hard lief

>Immortality in paradise
>Long life in the Shire that will make him see all his friends die one by one
HMMMM LET ME THINK

why didnt they all leave middle earth from the very beginning? its not like voldemort can slowly walk up on them when hes stuck on the tower

They wanted to remove all influence of Sauron/the ring from middle earth and that included anybody that wore the ring

I always thought they explained in one of the movies it was cause sauron partially lived on in both him and Bilbo due to them being around the ring so long.
Then again It's been a while since I've watched the movies.

being a ring bearer made him immortal the same way elves are. They live for a very very long time, but eventually life starts to lose it's lustre as the magic fades. Their joy begins to evaporate, their hearts aren't in it anymore until they begin to deteriorate, their minds fading, their spirits dying slow deaths as their immortal body withers and ages slowly. The Elves bodies never age, once magic fades from the world however? They do start to. But a ring bearer's body ages and deforms slower, Look at bilbo, or Gollum. Frodo's fate would've been the same. He would've lived in pain, growing ever greater, with more of a call to the shadow every single day, more of his life's joy sapped from him until the light in his eyes was gone.

Tl;dr, Elves die of a soul crushing despair if they remain when their magic begins to fade as they werent meant to be mortals. Frodo has experienced immortality and being mortal in any sense again will cause that same grief to him which will drive him to complete despair. The same for Bilbo, the same as was for Gollum. He had to leave with them or share the fate of Arwen, who will only be spared that by having her children and grand children around her, and it being slower.

>stabbed by an angry, century old ethereal witch-king with a poisonous blade
>stung by a spider that was the offspring of an ancient cosmic horror
>carried around one of the most powerfully evil trinkets in Middle-Earth history for years, to the point were the chain around his neck caused friction burns
>saw shit akin to being in WW I
>can't live a normal life anymore, even with all the commodities available to him
>has the chance to take a trip to the undying lands surrounded by prime elf pussy and the literal gods of his world

I would be hard pressed to make a case for him staying desu senpai

That's some Harry Potter tier bullshit, Sauron was gone for good from Middle-Earth just like Saruman, he's probably a ghost floating around space waiting for Morgoth to return

It is never and was never implied that Bilbo, Frodo and Sam are turned immortal when they go to the Undying Lands. People die in the Undying lands, it is just inhabited by elves hence the name. The Ringbearers are allowed passage to Valinor because the rings hold on them never really leaves, also Frodo was still wounded because he was stabbed by the Morgul blade.

Is the elf "Afterlife" the shitties thing ever? You are stuck into a room until the apocalypse. What the fuck.

You got it mixed up. That's the men. Elves (with the exception of Fëanor) re-incarnate and return to Aman.

Men's mortality is actually a precious gift. They get to leave the sick Middle Earth while Elves are forever stuck to this cursed and diminished world.

The journey scarred him both physically and mentally for life and he could never go back to being a regular shire hobbit. Going west may be an allegory for heaven or a place to go for those who have no future in middle earth.

Yes. Mortality was originally a gift for men, though through the lies of Melkor and Sauron men came to see it as the curse of men. Elves can't escape their fates, are tied into the fabric of Arda and can not escape. Only to die of weariness and melancholy.

And the One Ring goes where? There's no way they could bring it to Valinor, where the Ring would just corrupt the elves.

He was in constant pain, from the morgul blade wound. Healed as it was, he was in never-ending pain.

Him and Bilbo sailing to Valinor may as well have been them going to heaven. Even if that isn't what it was and even there he felt the pain, he could be tended to by literal angels, until he died true.

throw it into the middle of the ocean

It was lost into a river once. How did that work out?

And Legolas took Gimli with him and Sam also went there?

yeah it took thousands of years to be found in the bottom of a shallow river

now imagine the bottom of the ocean

Some nerd said in these threads once that the Hobbits don't get immortality and that they die over there too. I think it's better than Bilbo living forever as a senile old guy.

What does the Dwarven afterlife looks like? What about the Hobbits and Orcs?

Yeah Sam went there in old age because in the book he carried the ring for a short while
Leglas and Gimli went for god knows why, bants maybe

He also carried it in the movie.

he get to fucc and succ galadriel footpusy

what's that about a room?

He did?
I cant remember that part unless you are including when he carried Frodo

Gimli wanted some Galadriel tang.

didnt he carry it when frodo got fucked by the spidercunt?

It's addressed though, Sauron has fucked up sea monsters working for him that would fish it out

Also they NEEDED to destroy the Ring because even without it Sauron would eventually win. So keeping it hidden was not an option

He didn't have to leave, but he wanted to.

When Frodo is stung by Shelob, Sam makes a split decision to take the Ring because he thinks Frodo is dead and orcs are coming. He gives it back as soon as he finds Frodo again.

Sam is even more immune to the ring than Frodo, isn't he?

Hobbits probably go the same route as men (no one knows). Orcs are a creation of Melkor, being corrupted elves, they probably just stop existing.

Dwarves are said to return to the ground and become part of the world, and after Tolkien's version of the apocalypse, they would all come back to life and help rebuild the world.

they should have hidden it with bombadil, he would probably accidentally turn it into tea or something

No, there's a reason it's Frodo carrying the Ring throughout the whole journey and not Sam

That's addressed too my nig

They mention in the Council the possibility of leaving it with Bombadil but Gandalf says that, though that might work for a time since Bombadil is power level unknown, Sauron would eventually destroy everything around him, and after some time defeat Bombadil too 'last as he was first' is the quote I think.

Elves are stuck in a room as spirits waiting their turn to reincarnate. But this is not a gift for elves, it's more like a curse for the world is nothing but a pale shell of its former self. As they age, elves are increasingly weary of the world and burdened by its sorrows.

all hobbits have some natural resistance to the Ring's influence. Frodo was only chosen to carry it through happenstance and to find a compromise satisfying all races, no other hobbit was even supposed to be present at this meeting.

Originally, Tolkien wanted Bilbo to be the protagonist for Lord of the Rings, but he realized he couldn't make him fit in a far less whimsical story.

He couldnt handle the capital gains on Bag End.

>all hobbits have some natural resistance to the Ring's influence.
No.
>Frodo was only chosen
He volunteered, he was not chosen. Gandalf was upset that he volunteered, because he knew what it meant.

Also something like The Ring would be nothing more than a bauble to Tom. He'd eventually end up misplacing it and forgetting about because Jolly Tom don't give a Bom.

3 out of 4 hobbits shown wearing the Ring resisted its influence for faaar longer than any man or elf. Frodo succumbed in the end but any member of another race would have gone full Nazgûl long before that.

The best of the hobbits have resistance to its effect whereas amongst other races the best of them were still very susceptible, if you handed it to the Sackville-Baggins they would have shown no notable resistance to it because they're just as petty and corruptable as any man.

i want to suck and fuck cates thighpusy

>PTSD
>can't relate to anyone
>llittle to no reward for all his hard work
>can still feel his wound from the stab

Wasn't it supposed to be Samuel?

no, dude put it on and fell in love with it for awhile. frodo had it around his neck as a constant reminder, so he had to endure hell and back

Hobbits did not have an immunity to the right, they just lasted longer, because they're harder to corrupt. Frodo lasted as long as he did, because he was an innocent, same for Bilbo. Bilbo HAD to give up the ring, Gandalf manipulated him into it. He said, himself, he felt "stretched out" - he was on his way to being like a Nazgul.

>Hobbits did not have an immunity to the right, they just lasted longer, because they're harder to corrupt.
That's what I said. I never talked about no immunity. As far as we know, nobody and nothing is immune except for Tom and most probably Eru himself.

So how does this reincarnation shit work anyway? Do elves remember their past lives?

and i bet he got it

imagine a dwarf who don't care about gold the fucker would just carry the ring in the mordor and fuck it. If i'm not wrong about dwarf and their resistance to the rings though

The Shire was full and he had to fuck off

gimli shoulve been the ring bearer in exchange for

Tolkien changed his mind quite a bit about how elven reincarnation worked. It's generally established that elves don't necessarily reincarnate as elves but can become animals or even Maiar. There are only 2 recorded instances of elves reincarnating as other elves. As for memories, Tolkien oscillated between reincarnated elves gradually recovering their lost memories after childhood and them being directly reincarnated in their old adult body through the grace of Eru and the Valar. Both concepts are mentioned in The Converse of Eru and Manwë, with Eru presenting the method of reincarnation as a choice left to Manwë ("Let the body that was destroyed be re-made. Or let the naked fëa be re-born as a child."). The latter option (reincarnated newborn baby), however, is seemingy beyond the scope of the Valars' powers and can only be done by Eru himself ("It shall be within your authority, but it is not in your power. Those whom ye judge fit to be re-born, if they desire it and understand clearly what they incur, ye shall surrender to Me, and I will consider them.").

Dwarves aren't particularly resistant to the rings.

This is fascinating shit, how do you know so much about elf lore?

I'm just that cool bro.

90% of that is probably from reading Silmarillion and Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien
I haven't finished either of them yet so I don't know for sure

That's because the ring preys on the wearers ambitions. That's why it's so effective at corrupting men because they all lust after power. Hobbits on the other hand don't have much inherent ambition, look at what a weirdo Bilbo was viewed as for wanting to leave the shire for an expidition. Most hobbits are perfectly content to live their entire lives in the shire and not go anywhere else in life, and only want to have a family and mind their crops etc, anyone who wants otherwise is known to be a weirdo.

hours following links in the tolkien wiki. I had to bring it up to find the exact quotes, I'm not Stephen Colbert or anything.

You know exactly why.

They go to the Hall of Mandos, bro. Not some fucking room.

He died in the eagle's claws and the ending is an allegory

*sniff*

Nope. The Ring tempted Sam to become... The World's Best Gardener. Sam of course thought this was stupid and that's that.

thats right i think, pretty sure mortals die even faster than normal in valinor, something about not being able to endure to radiance and splendor or some such.

or to put it in terms Sup Forums can relate to, jacking off forever for years and years will destroy your dopamine and ultimately your brain

That's not really how it's described in the book.

>"Already the Ring tempted him, gnawing at his will and reason. Wild fantasies arose in his mind; and he saw Samwise the Strong, Hero of the Age, striding with a flaming sword across the darkened land, and armies flocking to his call as he marched to the overthrow of Barad-dur. And then all the clouds rolled away, and the white sun shone, and at his command the vale of Gorgoroth became a garden of flowers and trees and brought forth fruit. He had only to put on the Ring and claim it for his own, and all this could be.
In that hour of trial it was his love of his master that helped most to hold him firm; but also deep down in him lived still unconquered his plain hobbit-sense: he knew in the core of his heart that he was not large enough to bear such a burden, even if such visions were not a mere cheat to betray him. The one small garden of a free gardener was all his need and due, not a garden swollen to a realm; his own hands to use, not the hands of others to command.
'And anyway all these notions are only a trick, he said to himself."

He doesn't find the notion ridiculous, he is just too genuinely humble to entertain it. AND he knows the Ring is trying to trick him.

>people who are aroused by feet
day of the sock when?

>bants maybe

I’ve always felt that when they leave on the ship to Valinor they die. They are leaving the mortal plane, for non elves that means death.

Yes, in both book & movie he takes the ring because he believe Frodo dead.

>not wanting mommy soles

You "die" over there too but because the halls of Mandos are a physical location across the sea you "die" in the sense that you go over there and check in like you would at a Holiday Inn.

What? No. They were granted special permission by the Valar to live out the rest of their days in Valinor.

wtf is she wearing, it looks like a condom with the end cut off

I always saw the situation as "I saved the Shire but if I stay here I'm just going to bring more death and pain because of the ring"

>the halls of Mandos are a physical location across the sea

Not exactly. When the Valar destroyed Númenor, they asked Eru to make Arda spherical, and he did. Aman is still there but it's beyond the curvature of the earth, and only elves can travel the Straight Road that leads to it. A normal human sailor can sail west all he wants, he'll just come out the other side in the east.

fucko had a hard life.

also, if putting the ring on feels really good, what would it feel like to stick in your ass? what if you put it on your dick? what if you have someone put it around your prostate? what it if you put it on your clit? would it just be orgasm city? cause all those feel better than a finger does

wearing the Ring feels terrible actually, especially if you're close-ish to Sauron.

>tfw I'm a hobbit

lack of ambition isn't the same thing as laziness.

He got AIDS from the Ring and had to go with the elves to the quarantine over the seas, all elves are HIV positive.

because lotr is about sacrifice and how all the actions of the greatest heros and captains are nothing compared to just a regular person being good and giving their life

That's pretty sad.