Doesn't rely on slow "intellectual" humor like Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe

>Doesn't rely on slow "intellectual" humor like Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe.
>Doesn't rely on being mean-spirited and trashy with insufferable main characters and repeatedly pissing on people who don't like it like Teen Titans Go and Nu-Powerpuff.
>Actually has heart and knows how to do "random and silly" humor properly.

Why do people hate this show again?

Other urls found in this thread:

lesserknownwaifus.tumblr.com/tagged/uncle-grandpa/chrono
youtube.com/watch?v=v6cn0mLJVZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not enough waifus

Came here to say this.

The artstyle is just too repulsive to me.

>Doesn't rely on being mean-spirited and trashy with insufferable main characters and repeatedly pissing on people who don't like it like Teen Titans Go

It's a kids cartoon user. For children. You're looking to deep into it

At least it's not cheap half-assed flash like everything else.

Because cartoons are for edgy adults. We demand that chlidren's cartoons have lore, waifus and a shitload of pseudo lgbt themes. Kids HAVE to be indoctrinated into the right path.

I mean, we dont want another He Man ir Silverhawks? Ugh toxic masculinity.

Uncle Grandpa doesn't deserve crappy greentext threads like this one.

That one episode with the Melvins was good.

>>Doesn't rely on slow "intellectual" humor like Regular Show
Regular Show does that?

Any of those shows do that?

>cartoons then were just shows with vaguely recurring motifs from time to time

>the kids who grew up on those shows began developing their own interpretations on backstory as they got older

>now, those grown up kids are producing shows that MUST HAVE SRS LORE

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

because it's shit and the fans are awful, simple as that

Quints.

That aside; none of those have intellectual humor. They do references mostly.

>Quad Quints
Good fuckin' morning

More on topic, UG surprised me with how good it was. It's just a silly, goofy show with nice demented animation. Really 90s. I appreciate that it just tries to have a good time.

looks the same as every other show out now

remember how fucking mad the SU fandom was over the crossover episode? good times

yes it's a charming little show, but not enough waifu and lore for the autists of Sup Forums

They can eat shit, that was a great episode

Holy shit those numbers.

I don't like how "randomness" gets forced into the show for the sake of it. It feels cringey how it tries so hard.

Also, most jokes are plain dumb and dull.

lesserknownwaifus.tumblr.com/tagged/uncle-grandpa/chrono

I want both of you to go through this entire tag, come back to this thread, and try saying that again.

>won't get its episodes promoted next week

Exactly

I love Uncle Grandpa, but I will admit that it's not always consistent with its comedic style. Maybe the writers and board artists could've taken notes from Wander Over Yonder and the Mickey Mouse shorts.

It's a decent show that did get more shit then it deserved. That said
>>Doesn't rely on being mean-spirited and trashy with insufferable main characters
Pizza Steve?

>>Doesn't rely on slow "intellectual" humor like Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe.
>>Doesn't rely on being mean-spirited and trashy with insufferable main characters and repeatedly pissing on people who don't like it like Teen Titans Go and Nu-Powerpuff.
>>Actually has heart and knows how to do "random and silly" humor properly.
None of that is true. And after the abomination that was secret mountain fort awesome most weren't willing to give that guy a chance

Adventure Time tries. Maybe not humour-wise, but it certainly tries to be 2deep4u, or at least it still did when I stopped watching.

>Doesn't rely on being deep, pretentious or progressive like We Bear Bares, Adventure Time or Steven Universe.

fixed

Whatever you say /sug/

I feel like the pilot kind of sullied people's feelings towards it. It wasn't as good as the show proper. Pizza Steve suffering episodes in particular are pure gold.

Uncle Grandpa & Clarence are the most underrated shows on the network.

It's an actual cartoon in that it tries to use visual storytelling and gags over making jokes more suited to a standup routine or sitcom and I like that

literally not enough.

HNNNGH
Why is there no 34 of them yet?

Only Mr. Enter chicks don't like it.

Actually Mr. Enter likes the show now.

Back to trash, /tlhg/.

Loudfags don't even like UG.

tfw you realize Lord Hater is just a better Pizza Steve

UG works because it is silly and cartoony. It might be the most cartoony cartoon on the network right now, but Gumball comes close

nice work uncle G i might do some lewd

I don't care if I sound like a moron for saying this. UG is Ren & Stimpy if it didn't have that adult edge that made it both influential and controversial.

Goo Mornin'
Cookin a Burrito

R.I.P. Original Tooth Fairy

>Maybe the writers and board artists could've taken notes from Wander Over Yonder and the Mickey Mouse shorts.
This, a thousand times THIS. Wander Over Yonder and the Mickey Mouse shorts are surreal slapstick cartoons done right! Both are perfect examples of prime comedic timing and almost always have a reason for why they carry a visual gag a certain away. If we could've gotten more board artists from those shows to do at least one episode of UG, this show would go from alright to amazing!

The only connection between WOY, Mickey Mouse, and UG is David Gemmill (whose episodes already tend to be some of the best).

>"intellectual" humor like Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe.
>this is what actual Americans think is intellectual humor

No wonder you guys voted Trump. He really must seem like a genius for you guys.

>not enough waifu
youtube.com/watch?v=v6cn0mLJVZY

Virginia was a cutie

I mean, the show's already been cancelled. CN refusing to promote Uncle Grandpa on its own really can't affect it at this point.

>Pizza Steve suffering episodes in particular are pure gold.
I LOVE when they use the fact that he's a literal pizza slice and play around with that the same way TAWoG does with its characters.

>filename
I sure hope so.

So, is anybody else excited for the next Guest Directed Shorts?

Because it needs more Aunt Grandma.

We're not all shit eaters like you

This.

Really like UG. It's all about getting laughs, and it's got its own internal logic that ties all sight gags together. Also; Pizza Steve.

close enough

I remember most of them wanting to hate it but having to admit it was a great episode. Only the most butthurt of the SU fans wouldn't admit to the greatness of the episode.

UG had a nice range of voices, not just crackly or plain ones; there were a few VAs that I'd never heard before, and I'm glad the show introduced me to them. Adam Devine is so good at being annoying, it's criminal. I'm going to miss UG.

There's more? Sweet, the first ones were pretty good.

sauce?

I don't get it. What's so bad about Regular Show and Adventure Time?

I'm pretty excited. I just know that Mike Carlo wrote and animated a short for it. I love his stuff!

>that episode where Moonman lynches Mr. Gus

>valve logo.png