Amerisharts will defend this

>amerisharts will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time
npr.org/2016/09/08/493157931/bbc-editor-highlights-often-overlooked-english-language-rule
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's wrong with it?

we put it in the order we say it. September 11? 9/10.

How the fuck are we supposed to nevr 4get if we go switching shit around?

Explain that to me.

Deal with it, you dumb cuck.

This isn't political. This has nothing to do with politics. This does not belong here.

Is there any real advantage of using one or the other? Does it fucking matter at all?

everything we do is superior

>yuropoors will defend this

So why do you say 4th of July and not July 4th?

Because we have nukes and you do not.

if it doesnt matter why dont you count numbers from 1 to 10 like 2,1,3,4,7,10,9,5,6,8

There are only 12 months, then 30 or 31 days and finally thousands of years. It makes sense to organize that way.

However when I speak I say day and then month.

>10th of September

Who gives a shit. Lead tier post.

A Spanish ( from Spain)Co worker (a calculus teacher) told me that a billion is one million millions and not 9 zeroes (1000 million) he also said that there are 5 continents, not 7. What gives ? Any eurofags can confirm? Pic not related

Who gives a shit. Lead tier post

Because that's the name of a holiday, numbnuts.

DD/MM/YYYY is pleb tier shit.

If you're arranging files by DD/MM/YYYY 1you get your files all messed up in a shitty order of 2 files for the 1st 12 for the 2nd etc...

If you use MM/DD/YYYY everything is almost always in neat and tidy order.

YYYY/MM/DD is true master race though.

This guy gets it. Makes it easier for sorting too with month first since there are less

On which day does said holiday take place?

BTFO
T
F

Your date system is almost as gay as the metric system

A monkey can stack a pyramid.

It takes incredible skill to balance that American thing. Look at that. Amazing.

Eurotrash btfo again, OCD no-inventions no-gold-medals faggots.

The Fourth of July takes place on July fourth.

>September 11th, 2001
versus
>11th of September, 2001

they're both fine yurofaggot

Here's more autism for you OP, looks like you enjoy searching for the date on file systems by day first instead of month or year. Something happened on the 25th of every month on every year, better search through all 500 instances of it to find the thing I'm looking for.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_time

30 days make a month. 12 months make a year.

btfo

This. DD/MM/YYYY is a nightmare to organize and try to sort through. With MM first you narrow it down much closer, and YYYY-MM-DD is the most logical.

>metric vs imperial graph
made me kek, thanks

DIS

I really hope for your sake you understand that picture is satire of Amerifats

In Swedish, a "biljon" is a trillion and a "miljard" is a billion, that is the same for many languages. There is still 7 continents of course.

YYYY-MM-DD actual master race reporting in.

lel americans and their logic is something

>YYYY-MM-DD is the most logical
Exactly

Of course it's satire :^)

Are you really too stupid to not intuitively understand how our system is better and more practical? European intellectual snobbery is fucking hilarious.

That "Middle finger" looks more like a jew nose.
Also the menorah looks kinda like smoke towers of an oven.

>

/thread

This.

i don't even know where you country is you stupid faggot

That makes no sense. More days in a month than days in a day.

YYYY/MM/DD reporting in. Superior in all way shape and form for archival.

dude..

Don't most businesses work on monthly schedules are far as stuff like accounting goes? I think that would make it most convenient to have the month listed first for easy searches.

How nice of you prove my point

I'm sure you were told this last time. You want to give the maximum amount of information as quickly as possible in a sentence. Giving the month first provides the season of the year. If you ask the date and I say 26 ____ _____ you have virtually no useful information until I fill in the next blank. If I say January ____ ____. You already have a substantial amount of information. You know the general weather you ought to dress for, that people are going back to school, etc. Year is last, as it's generally presumed to be the current year unless stated otherwise. That is to say, it is always a modifier of information rather than a necessary part of information. Months are so short you cannot really do this without a chance of creating confusion. In short, this is simply another instance of foreigners creating a system that actually inhibits understanding to try and be "standard" - having a cute little pyramid. Just like how metric operates off base 10 but there is no general understood length amongst the populace for what a meter is - it's an arbitrary amount - but we have common things that are an inch or a foot long, allowing you to easily estimate.

>europoors will think this is relevant

>fuck niggers threads
>fuck the jews threads
>why are women stupid threads
>degenerate threads
....politics board!

fag

Eurofags will think their alternative is better, even thought it makes even less sense.

Year/Month/Day

is the only proper way to sort things.

I agree. It is nice when someone tells you to look up a passage in a book, and they tell you the page it'll be one, first. Fucking mongoloids in the rest of the world.

It's a troll thread. You fucked up when you gave a serious answer.
Nobody actually cares how you write the date, it's not as if we don't know what you mean.

Metric length, volume, etc is actually better desu. But you're right about our dating system being better.

Why don't you do the same thing with time? Currently it's 52:4 pm

Behave

it's more efficient to say 'March 2nd' than it is to say 'The 2nd of March'.

I understand euros are obsessed with being lazy and indolent, but us Americans have a world to run.

Wasted get.

Londinistanian wants us to never forget 11/9. It isn't as catchy.

How many months are in a year v. how many days are in a year

Keep up

I won't defend it. ISO 8601 4 LIFE BITCHES

Pretty sure the moon is not using metric.

>iso
>international

GLOBALIST KIKE DETECTED DEPLOYING ZYKLON F

THE F STANDS FOR FREEDOM

times go like hour --> minute --> second like 02:53:24

from the longest to the shortest

wtf was your point

It actually makes sense if you figure out the reasoning behind it.

>Smallest possible number (1-12)
>Second largest possible number(1-31)
>Largest possible number( ∞)

Why is the only exception to this rule when Americans use 4th of July?

So that Europeans will never forget it.

"English speakers intuitively know to place their adjectives by opinion, size, age, shape, color, origin, material, purpose."

npr.org/2016/09/08/493157931/bbc-editor-highlights-often-overlooked-english-language-rule

When asked. "What day is it user?" you do something similar; You say the day of the week, then you say the day of the month, then, if the person is a time traveler you say the year.

That middle one is important because it is not, "the fifth of April," it is "April fifth." The month is the adjective for the number of the day.

So when we write the date, we write it like it was asked. April 5.
This is only a problem when you try to computerize it or standardize it, and as we all know, language is not something that conforms to standardization.
Like all narratives (actions, cultures, ideologies, canons, ways, knowledge), language is a recursion, and it changes as it is used.

The militart writes it correclty.

Today is sept 10 2016

T. Served in the us army.

It's English, not American.

You mean Independence Day, and more importantly people DO say "July 4th." I have no idea where you got this idea. If people are only talking about the current year or a recurring date where the year isn't mentioned, they'll often say "the Xth of Y" instead of "Y Xth, Z." In these cases providing the day first provides more relevant information, but people will say either. If you actually have to read and write dates often, chances are you're going to say the latter because it's how you're used to hearing it, while people who don't do very much writing or organizing are prone to the former.

>if it doesnt matter why dont you count numbers from 1 to 10 like 2,1,3,4,7,10,9,5,6,8
>not an argument
literally kys, leaf posting eurocuck

So why isn't it year/month/day so you know which "book" to look at?

I meant 10sep2016

what a silly thing to complain about everyday

get over it nerd

it's generally assumed that you're referring to the current year when telling the date

in the book example, you would assume that you are looking up a passage in the book you current have open, as you don't change books very often

yy/mm/dd is probably better for technological archival purposes that don't involve human referral

Europoors will defend
Day -> Month

If we wrote time like they dates, it would be
Minutes -> Hours

[1 to 12]
[1 to 28-31]
[-inf to inf]

small
larger
unbound

Not that user,

In common English, at least here in the US, dates are spoken Month/Day. As is, "tomorrow is the anniversary of September 11". Saying "the 11 of September" is more archaic/formal.

In French (and I would assume other latin languages), the date is spoken day/month. " Aujourd'hui c'est lundi, cinq juin".

So they are written as they are spoken.

As in other instances, the colonials kept the older form while the European parent country started drifting towards general European usage

>"Hey user what's the date today?

US:
September 10th 2016

Rest of world:
10th September 2016

GEE REALLY GETS THE NEURONS IN A TIZY

kek'd

A month has 30 days and a day is just one so thir day has the less value and belongs on the top you stupid leaf.

Americans are literally this retarded.

Year / Month / Day master race

What, you don't like being able to find your files based on what date they were created?

I'm sure a day is more important to add first in conversation or remembering a significant event/day. When someone asks you 'What's the date?' You reply 'Month day' versus the more logical 'day month' unless you're talking to a tard who doesn't know what month it is. I guess it's assuming you know more information.

>yuropoors will defend this

Which is more logical to say
>it's September the 10th day of
or
>it's the 10th day of September

I personally think that much of America's differences from the rest of the world were deliberately done to be contrary with Britain.

[spoiler]Because Britain had a sudden attack of stupidity and voted for Brexit, Trump is doomed to lose.[/spoiler]

July 4th and 4th of July are interchangeable here in Burgerland.

>Slide thread

Why are people responding? Sage

Fuck you.

Month - Day - Year

Americans have then in order of importance.

Nobody says it's September the 10th day though. We say it's September 10th, 2016.

Its like you just got rejected for a clearance, and appeal because the judge misspelled "hte"

Foreigners will complain about all sorts of harmless shit Americans do

Preach it brother. Year, month, day.

If you didn't know, Scientists around the world agree on using the metric system. We may use US Customary but our scientists use Metric.