Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool are no longer in the top 100

>Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool are no longer in the top 100

Is the Gwen Stacy fad finally dying at Marvel?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/32311-batman-marvel-rule-surprisingly-down-november-2016-comic-book-sales.html
youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI
youtube.com/watch?v=ULdm2NLrN4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Until they make her black.

>Spider-Gwen
Good.
>Gwenpool
Fuck.

hopefully.

Nope, she's just been replaced by Gwenpool.

>>Gwenpool
>Fuck.
30k is still doing alright.

Don't tell Slott that, he only started to get in board the Gwen train.

Hopefully the Miles fad will follow.

Aren't they pairing Spider Gwen with Miles? Her own run might get axed, but Bendis probably won't let his self insert's waifu die.

Honestly the only reason I care about Gwenpool is Batroc and the Witch being top lads.

What are you talking about? Miles Morales is the freshest, most exciting and most promising character in all of current Marvel. Truly the Superior Spider-Man, and just maybe, the only one deserving of the name!

>Until they make her GO black.
ftfy

The fact that there are actually people who think like this bothers me. All the time in top ten lists I always see people shilling Miles as "The most interesting thing to happen to the Spider-Man franchise" or "Peter Parker done /better/."

Why, I have it from a good source that he even dwarves Peter's popularity among the readers! Now I can't say I understand the Marvel corporate machine, but I believe it's pretty likely that we will put Miles as the lead of ASM sooner that you could think.

They hooked up Spider-Gwen with Miles Morales, in hopes that Miles' popularity might give her a boost. And of course they'll be milking the interracial/"progressive" angle for all it's worth. We'll see if it works.

If it fails, they'll probably just make her a supporting character/love interest in Miles' book.

Gwenpool is safe for now.

Spidergwen will be forgotten and remembered as a shitty variant of Gwenpool.

His stories were pretty fun back in Ultimate, but I wouldn't say he's "better" or "more interesting" than 616 Peter. More interesting than 1610 Peter, sure.

Do boob socks like that actually provide support or would they just leave her girls flailing around?

It's too bad, I liked both of these books, it was fun that Marvel was doing books with new young heroines.

>tfw you have both on your team in Future Force but there's no way to farm their biometrics reliably

>Peter around for 60 years
>Miles around for like 5

It's almost like he needs at least somewhat of a proportionate amount of time.

Who honestly thought that Gwen Stacy of all people would be a successful character to capitalize on? In the vast collection of well rounded characters that make up Spidey's supporting cast, Gwen is a lump of undefinable clay that's regularly molded to fit whatever narrative the writers are trying to create for the sake of convenience.

In 616 she was a generic love interest, in the Spectacular cartoon she was textbook geek, in Ultimate she's a fun-loving rock babe and in this wreck of a comic she's a bag of depression with dwindling sanity points while in other books she's pretty much just Peter with a vagina. There's no hard defining traits about her that would attract people to her character unless they fell for the "First and One True Love" meme.

>, I have it from a good source that he even dwarves Peter's popularity among the readers!

That's bull. Books staring Peter /always/ do better than Miles' books. Even Ultimate Peter sold more than Miles ever has.

He was good for about the first year, then he got boring.

Peter had more character development and personality in his first year than Miles has ever had in all five years he's been around.

At the very fucking least Peter had his Uncle Ben origin story. Marvel went and erased what little Ultimate Miles has and we're left with fucking nothing in the form of 616 Miles.

>tfw Spider-Man 2099 sells even less than these two

Great sorrow.

>Better than 1610 Peter
That's disgusting bait, he's fucking Peter but black. And the fact that Bendis kept killing his damn cast and relying on Peter's old cast was pathetic.

I'll agree with that. He doesn't remember secret wars right? I found that dumb I think the people who saved the place should have been allowed to remember.

They gave based PAD the worst artist this side of Gred Land, what do you expect?

And in Mexico she was THICC

>Who honestly thought that Gwen Stacy of all people would be a successful character to capitalize on
Somebody who thought the Gwen and Peter scenes in ASM2 were the best parts of the movie.
That movie is 2 and a half years old. That's way too long to try to keep a trend going.

Idk man, 1610 Peter was pretty boring. The most interesting thing happened to him, was his death.

It's all very confusing. Secret Wars ended with both Peter and Miles landing on 616, then they say bye to each other and just go swinf in different directions, somehow not noticing they were in the same dimension.

Then Spider-Man #1 comes out and apparently Miles has never seen Peter before, he just put the costume and stole the name and that's that.

Then in Gwenpool Gwen directly asks her about the Ultimateverse and he has no fucking idea.

Fuck off, Bendis

No, YOU fuck off, Slott. You won't be the ASM writer forever, one day you'll drop your guard and I'll be there to make sure you won't interfere with my plans again.

Dayum

I know right, why couldn't it be based Ramos?

>I'll agree with that. He doesn't remember secret wars right?
Here's the problem, Bendis has yet to give an actual answer outside of random hints dropped throughout Miles' current run which led to guys like Hasting attempting to answer for him during crossovers. But with Bendis being Bendis, he ignores what went on in those books and still entertains the idea that Miles retained all of his memories from Ultimate but somehow got over all of the existential crises he would have had by virtue of being a refugee from another world during the second or third time skip.

Not if based Conway has anything to say about it.

Clearly we need Spider-Gwen 2099

Well we already got Spider-Ham 2099 so might as well.

Spider-Man had the Ditko and Romita runs though.

>We could have had a book where we focus on Miles coming to terms with the destruction of his universe and having to spend the rest of his life on a world that is not his own.
>We could have had a scenes where Jefferson confronts Miles about distancing himself from his Mother who is supposed to be dead and struggling to explain why.
>We could have had a scene where Miles comes to Peter for guidance since he's the only one with full knowledge of his situation and help reestablish that student/mentor relationship.
>This would have been the perfect time to bring back based Uncle Aaron as an primary antagonist who survived their previous confrontation in this reality and succeeded in his goal of becoming a crime kingpin.
But no, we gotta have pointless appearances from Luke Cage and Jessica Jones along with his sassy Hispanic grandma who does nothing but be a confrontational bitch.

>Miles' popularity
Good one m8. I've had a shit day so thanks for the top laff.

t. Milesfag

In fact, when Miles took over Ultimate Spider-Man after Bendis killed Peter off, the book did consistently worse and worse which is why they did the renumbering and relaunch. The book was tanking, and it wasn't because Miles is black. It's because as a character he's a void. His only defining character traits are handed-down ideas from Peter Parker, which wasn't enough to woo the Ultimate Spidey readers into loving him.

In fact, I don't think any writer has yet to do an iconic Miles Morales story because Bendis still lionizes him and Bendis is TERRIBLE at writing character moments.

What I meant is, he's more popular than her

What's ironic is that Renew Your Vows is more popular than both of them, and Marvel still pretends to not get the hint

>>Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool are no longer in the top 100

TOP 10 GRAPHIC NOVELS & TRADE PAPERBACKS
1 PAPER GIRLS VOLUME 2
2 MARVEL: THE HIP-HOP COVERS VOLUME 1 HC
3 DC SUPER HERO GIRLS VOL. 2: HITS AND MYTHS
4 STAR WARS: DARTH VADER VOL. 4: END OF GAMES
5 UNBELIEVABLE GWENPOOL VOL. 1: BELIEVE IT

Source:
newsarama.com/32311-batman-marvel-rule-surprisingly-down-november-2016-comic-book-sales.html

>We could have had a scene where
But, user, Bendy's got the most important base covered: Interracial Shotacon!

>In fact, I don't think any writer has yet to do an iconic Miles Morales story because Bendis still lionizes him
While you are right that Bendis is a shit writer, it has more to do with the fact that nobody has actually had the chance to write Miles' main book. That would require removing Bendis and that's a practically pipe dream at this stage.

>Bendis and Latour
>Writing romance
Pic related

Miles has shown up in countless other books and was even an Avenger. It's very clear when other people wrote for him they have no clue what to do with the character. This also leads people to believe its a corporate decision or Slott not wanting Peter to be in other books.

Trades =/= floppy sales

>Implying Bendis won't just get his own Gwen back.

Hell, in his first two years Peter graduated from high school even.
Miles hasn't stopped being a Freshman in high school yet.

Trade sells dont keep a book alive.

>Bendis probably won't let his self insert's waifu die
Which one?

Any, because Miles isn't a failure at saving people lie that lame Peter Parker.

They've kept Squirrel Girl alive.

Oh god.

First Squirrel Girl, now Gwenpool. Soon Marvel's female superhero line will be a cesspool full of wacky memelord characters.

Pretty sure he's in junior year His story started 8 months before Peter "died" and he was in a lottery for going to a charter high school. 13 going on 14 as he brings up like twice in his first few issues.

Meanwhile Great Lakes Avengers won't live past the issue 5

What's so great about it?

No they haven't. SQ is kept alive for quota.

It's fun to see them fail catastrophically at everything.

Renewed interest in Gwen after ASM2 came out. Marvel decided to cash in and that's how we got Spider-gwen and Gwenpool

So wait, is Spider Gwen the original Gwen Stacy now or is the original Gwen still dead, and if so who is Spider Gwen now?

Gwenpool was only a concept, it only got headway after people online flipped out and demanded an actual book.

I just want Marvel to stop trying to pander to people that barely buy comics

Miles was a mistake

>Bendis: Here's 4 issues dedicated to Miles getting in trouble about not doing his homework.

Alternate Earth. However, that Gwen keeps coming to the regular Earth to visit the other characters.

Also, people still don't know that Gwenpool is not Gwen Stacy?

So it's a bunch of C listers fucking up everything? I can get behind something like that.

Spider gwen is from another universe where she got bitten and peter took the role of 616 gwen, as in dying

Since ASM1, i love gwen but goddamn, wish Marvel knew how to use her

No, Miles is my self-insert, man. Don't take that away from me.

If you want we can make Shaft white.

I thought there was only one Earth now, and everyone is from there.

Bendis, what are you doing on Sup Forums

Dude go read G.L.A. like right now, it's from back when Slott was good

For some context they debutted in West Coast Avengers as a self proclaimed branch, Hawkeye got butthurt and went to deal with them but since he was mad with the other Avengers at the time decided to make them his team instead. They were relatively competent back then but then they became the butt of more jokes as discount heroes until they became the glovable failures they are today.

Nope. Spider-Gwen is from Earth 63 or somesuch, where Captain America is a black woman, and Matt Murdock is the Kingpin of crime.

Just a mixed race 20-something who has been a spiderman fan since he was in elementary school.

youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI

Reed and his family are working together to rebuild the damage done to the multiverse after the Incursion bullshit, Spider-Gwen's reality was one of the few surviving universes out there.

Really the only universe worth noting that got shafted was Ultimate and place was going downhill for the longest. Marvel grabbed what was worth grabbing (Miles and his supporting cast, Evil Reed) then let the rest burn.

>In fact, I don't think any writer has yet to do an iconic Miles Morales story because Bendis still lionizes him and Bendis is TERRIBLE at writing character moments.
And ironically, they still stole the closest thing he has to an iconic story - his first arc - for Homecoming. They literally had him do the whole standing on the ceiling in front of not-Ganke thing.
I'd honestly rather have a Miles movie than a Miles movie with Peter pasted in.

We need more Gwens. Gwenning is my fetish.

More like Marvel finally killed it. It's like they weren't expecting Spider-Gwen to interest people, so they had to do everything possible to destroy that interest.

I'll say this for Miles. He's a pretty damn good straight man.
If they put him on a double lead book with a character he could actually play off and a better writer than Bendis, he could be great.

>make shaft white
no thanks, shaft is shaft

its this kind of thinking that makes shit like miles happen, when what people like about spider-man isnt just him in a fucking costume, hes been such an enduring and popular syperhero because of all of it, spidey heroing and peter trying to live his life, and the retarded reasoning of a role model for muh minority children is even more retarded, a role model should be someone you look up to, period, it shouldn't matter what color they are or what gender they are, as long as you both have common ground and equal goals to believe in it shouldn't matter because you're just trying to look up to them for the wrong reason. It's like telling me my only hero is allowed to be Django from Django Unchained or Martin Luther King because they're black.

Hi Miles

There is only one Earth now, except when Marvel wants to make some money.

Wait, Evil Reed exists? Cool

i dont, they just adapted what could be salvaged from that shit and pasted it in the character that actually matters

>If they put him on a double lead book with a character he could actually play off
Gwenpool? xD

>Spider-Man fan
>doesn't hyphenate his name

the character is about 4 years old, all of his character development (from his uncle and mom dying) has been undone. the day Bendis leaves Marvel is the day that Miles dies.

I was just making a reference to a joke Donald Glover made youtube.com/watch?v=ULdm2NLrN4E

Im a lazy typist on informal writings

Gwen pls, you blew your chance already.

Why wasn't Tumblr outraged about this?

>Evil Reed
The man is the only Reed willing to share his technology with the world, even if his methods are a bit extreme and genocidal. As far as I'm concerned, Ultimate Richards is the only benevolent Richards. The rest are amoral sociopaths with a ridiculous rigid code of conduct that people misconstrue as morality.

>yet another person who has never read a good ff run

5 years and still going strong

>going strong
is he really, shit sales paint a clearly different picture, ultimate marvel being shitcanned is also a pretty good indicator, and no putting him in 616 isnt going to make him more popular

Miles is a PoC he can do no wrong. Especially to the tumblr insert.

I'm with Miles on this. I honestly don't get why so many people fetishize race/gender like that.

I understand being glad about minorities overcoming bias or societies showing lack of prejudice. But a lot of people, like this girl character, it feels like they treat these people/characters as mere pawns in some sort of chess game. They aren't cheering that a female character is interesting and can hold their own well-selling comic, they're cheering that "Thor is a lady now", queen to E2, checkmate.