youtube.com/watch?v=oir0Q9DnOXo
youtube.com/watch?v=nLROciLwldE&t
youtube.com/watch?v=MRZbch9NmQQ
amazon.com/BUFFALO-2145487-Classic-USB-Gamepad/dp/B002B9XB0E
youtube.com/watch?v=TP4XBFo8GoQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that James Rolfe BTFO Godfather fans forever

James from 07-09 produced nothing but kino

I love James, he's the one who got me into movies, but his taste is pretty retarded.

What do you think of his favourite films?
50. War of the Worlds (1953)
49. Transformers: The Movie (1986)
48. The Sandlot (1993)
47. Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
46. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
45. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
44. Evil Dead 2 (1987)
43. Frankenstein (1931)
42. Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
43. Clash of the Titans (1981)
41. The Blob (1958)
40. Frankenstein Meets the Wolf-Man (1943)
39. Halloween (1978)
38. Planet of the Apes (1968)
37. First Blood (1982)
36. Wayne’s World (Duology 1992-1993)
35. Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)
34. Godzilla (1954)
33. Dracula (1931)
32. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
31. Scarface (1983)
30. The Wolf Man (1941)
29. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
28. Groundhog Day (1993)
27. Psycho (1960)
26. Back to the Future 2 (1989)
25. Jurassic Park (1993)
24. 7 Faces of Dr. Lao (1964)
23. The Great Escape (1963)
22. North by Northwest (1959)
21. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
20. Batman (1989)
19. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
18. Sword in the Stone (1963)
17. Rear Window (1954)
16. This is Spinal Tap (1984)
15. Jaws (1975)
14. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
13. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (1966)
12. Vertigo (1958)
11. Ed Wood (1994)
10. American Movie (2000)
9. Gremlins (1984)
8. Ghostbusters (1984)
7. Terminator 2 (1991)
6. Star Wars trilogy (1977-1983)
5. Rocky (1976)
4. Back to the Future (1985)
3. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
2. King Kong (1933)
1. It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)

If these are the kinds of movies he's interested in, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with the list, but I can tell he only likes certain kinds of movies.

you can clearly see he's sincere whenever he talks about movies. It's not an impressive list but it's his own list, no filters

I tell you what, in 5 years he will wear a toupee.

once you get to the top 20 the shit is polluted with infantile 80s childhood nostalgia shit.

I would like to see an April Fools prank where he reviews an MRE and Steve1989 reviews a terrible NES game

"Let's get this cartridge into the loading slot.... Nice!"

No pretention, solid films reflecting his personality. All around bro

Not amazing but way better than Dog Rapist's, which is Millenial Redditor: the List

Is this just his favorite movies after 1965?

based james wolfe

he's gonna take you back to the past
To let you fuck his wife up the ass
He's the maddest cuck you've ever heard
He's the angry video game nerd

/comfy/

>1. It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)

Good choice.

And she was never heard from again.

James was originally planning to give the "... Beats" series to Bootsy (later to be handed to Mike) as he was friends with Bootsy since college. Bootsy actually began recording the Ghosts 'n Goblins (NES) episode on the October 14 and 15. James wanted Bootsy to have a larger role in Cinemassacre, but according to Kevin Finn it was clear that "Matei and Ryan wanted James's immense directing and producting talents used strictly to enhance their own careers." Finn explained the time when James's friendship with Bootsy came to a crashing halt:

"It all came to a head...when Mike Matei, Ryan Schott, and April (James's wife) came over and heard about Bootsy's version of 'Bootsy Beats Ghosts 'n Goblins'... They maneuvered James into the Nerd Room and reduced him to tears. It was a cruel and pathetic scene. Bootsy, Kyle, and I were in another room but we could see the scene through the recording monitor of the house Mike had set up. It was as if James had turned into a little boy. The conversation appeared quiet and calm, but we could tell it was emotional and intense. The others were doing most of the talking, like overbearing, controlling parents. James would move away, and they would block his escape. We couldn't hear what was being said, but I think a good lip-reader would have picked up something like, 'We don't give a **** about these guys, and we want those ad revenues for us.' We could actually feel James crumbling, and when he came out of the room, a tear dropped down his cheek. His head was lowered and his shoulders sagged. It was the body language of a child who had just been scolded and punished. And this brilliant internet icon - whose videos defined one generation and influenced another - weepingly told us, "We can't do this. I have to give the series to them. They're family and I have to take care of my family. They want the series. I'll give you any amount of money you want to finish a video, but I can't affiliate with it. They won't let me."

i can't not laugh every time i see that picture

king kong makes sense because its about an ape stealing a white woman.

reminds me of the cuck scene in his avgn movie

the older you get the more you realize you prefer a specific genre of movie, rather than being an "I like a bit of everything!" movidort

> D A M N!

I honestly think James could have become a somewhat capable filmmaker had he made some different choices. His biggest mistake was surrounding himself with his friends instead of like-minded driven filmmakers. Yes, I'm sure he had a blast over the years making goofy projects with his friends, but as a result he hindered his development and never reached his potential. Another mistake, very much related to the first, is only working on his own projects. Sure, he's collaborated with others, but there's no doubt he turned down more interesting offers earlier in his career to focus on developing The Nerd character. Now I'm not saying James would be some bigtime Hollywood director, but at the very least, if he ever left his comfort zone a decade or so ago, he'd likely be getting some pretty steady television work instead of being just another fading YouTuber. That chance is long gone now.

Agreed 100%
If you watch his old commentaries on the student films he made, you can tell that he understands how character and story work, he just never developed the skills to progress furhter and make real films, instead he makes memefests like AVGN film which was pandering garbage that even diehard fans hated.
youtube.com/watch?v=NaLir8Olm9M

james has far more important things to worry about than worrying what Sup Forums thinks about his film list

that was back when mike was still working behind the scenes, his fucking wife fucking jamals left and right and leaving him alone to make quality content, and no ryan. now a decade later, everything went to shit.

so once his channel dies, he dies with it?

you mean his wifes kids? or mike amd ryan enslaving him?

>apple
you would get along with james pretty well

she was jame's wife self-insert, now you know why she kissed the black guy in the movie.
actress irl is pretty old, and she has a kid

yes. and worse things.

Not choosing Rat Race as no. 1

Ayyyyy LMAO!

>it's a Mike Matei in character episode

>QUICK! WE NEED TO MAKE A "GAMER" ROOM
>MIKE WHERE ARE THE CHRONO TRIGGER POSTER
>YEAH I GOT THEM FROM MY HOUSE. YOU WANT MARIO DRAPES AS WELL
>NEXT TIME MIKEY NEXT TIME

Have Ryan and Bootsy ever been in the same video?

I don't think so.

youtube.com/watch?v=EhgbvaIhevo

Wow. Never seen this before.

I remember when ryan first showed up and people were shitposting that ryan is the next avgn with "angry ryan nerd". Good times.

Where is Mike in this video?

Also lmao at Ryan being there. Barely anyone even knows who the fuck he is. I remember the first time there was a video labelled "Mike & Ryan" I was like "Who the hell is Ryan? I thought this was just James and Mike's channel?"

ryan was always a webmaster for the cinemassace website. they explained it in some video, i try to find older ryan videos know. he would show up in older videos, but in some shit like con talks or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=xTdDFKREp9s

is this kino?

>she was james wife self insert,

thats why she kissed the nigger

its all so clear now

wheres the video for this? I really liked watching it

youtube.com/watch?v=CzUYPt0OAGY

youtube.com/watch?v=94VIY4pgHnc

>"Beaners. Hehehe. Beans. Beans make you fart." *fart noises with mouth*

What did he mean by this?

>1. It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)
>le quirky bet you didn't expect that one pick
gtfo james. you don't really like it that much.

after mike had to explain to him what's a "harpy", I believe this shit.

Monster JUST

>"Network" isn't on either list

fucking plebs

With few exceptions he doesn't watch movies made before the late 90's.

like everyone cares about mythology and woman birds

That's pretty disgraceful, honestly.

How about in the latest vid Ryan whining about the retropie and WAAHHH MUH PIRACY WAAAHHH while him and Mike get a raging fanboy hardon over an overpriced emulation machine that only has like 30 games on it. The Nintendo fanboyism, especially from Mike, has been just too much lately. And complaining about the raspberry pi when it's far cheaper and can way way way more is just childish. The pi is an for actual hobbyists, something macfags probably don't understand.

Building my retropie has been one of the most rewarding experiences I've had over the last few years. Even my mother, who hates video games, was impressed by what I was able to set it up to do.

These dudes are so out of touch it would be funny if they didn't have an army of blind fanboys behind them who think they can do no wrong.

Reminder that Bootsy made this documentary about James in college:
youtube.com/watch?v=XacN05uJY00

Afterward he felt sympathetic for James, invited him to a party with his friends shortly after. He got James shitfaced drunk so James would feel comfortable and become the life of the party like he wanted to be, vid-related: youtube.com/watch?v=oir0Q9DnOXo

It really just shows what a good friend Bootsy was back then.

Makes me wonder if Mike met James through Bootsy since Mike said they met through "mutual friends":
youtube.com/watch?v=nLROciLwldE&t

Bootsy also wrote the theme song for The Loco Bandito

He knew too much.

Watching it right now, 5 minutes in and they're just complaining about scalpers and resellers, they can't put 2 and 2 together and realize that all of the people in those lines have already played these games, anybody who hasn't played it would play it on an emulator for free, in HD. Their only argument so far as to why the SNES mini is better is that you can use a snes controller, which you can with an emulator with an adaptor, so they really have no idea what the fuck they're talking about because their fanboyism is through the roof.

can someone explain why yms is called dog rapist

youtube.com/watch?v=MRZbch9NmQQ

Cinemassacre saves me from complete and utter depression and suicide. Im not joking, there is something wrong with me

It's pretty good as far as friend simulators go. I always watch a little bit before bed.

His bitching about the controller is totally moot too. It's like he's totally unaware that things like this exist:

amazon.com/BUFFALO-2145487-Classic-USB-Gamepad/dp/B002B9XB0E

I agree with james; and that means he's right. I also prefer goodfellas to any godfather, though i prefer scarface to goddfellas. I guess you have to be a (((red blooded))) american to think the best movie of all is an american crime drama. Seriously, hollywood is cheesy as fuck.

He did this with Doug walker and it failed miserabley

the only think that saves james from suicide is mike "the puppet master" matei.

It seems like he's a bit pointlessly obsessed with older films. A lot of them are good, but honestly I don't see why the 1933 King Kong is anything too amazing by today's standards. Just because something is influential and had good special effects for the thirties doesn't mean it's the second best movie of all time. But yeah, in general the list is still full of some really good movies, just a lot them I wouldn't consider among the best of all time.

He'd come up with some bullshit reason like "its not identical to a SNES controller because the controller buttons have slightly different shade of green, therefore you have to get a SNES mini." I wonder if they even realize the SNES mini is an emulator in itself.

Mary and Max is fantastic though

>only 5

Why not a few more?

Why is Ryan's hair such trash?

>9. Gremlins (1984)

Come on guise stop shopping James' receding hairline. It's not that bad. The poor guy already has a Queen of Spades for a wife, give him a break.

the grease and sweat keeps fucking it up

The dude might not even take showers.

>tfw you'll never be a teen in the early 2000's and attend parties while doing coke, kissing ugly women and listening to Blink 182

>I wonder if they even realize the SNES mini is an emulator in itself.
from watching the video as long as I could stomach it it appears they don't have a clue. They are probably dumb enough to think the rom boards are inside the system.

Infrequent showering combined with not knowing how to use a comb or brush properly.

Mike Matei is the worst thing to have ever happened to Cinemassacre. Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: you can't

They are the biggest Nintendo shills I have ever seen. Like Mike has any room to talk about games, since they were fucking sent in for free by the truck loads for years. They are also part of the reason shit like this "retro gaming" cash in, when no one cared about any of those games for years and were dirt cheap until Mike and James started talking about them.

They hate emulators because they are elitist pricks, who look down on those who can't afford to play shitty 30 year old $1,000 games. There was a stream I watched live a few years ago where Mike played TMNT and literally freaked out and bitched for a half-hour about ROMs and Emulators. He was PISSED. He cut it all out when he released it though.

FUCK YOU

Haha look at Mike's face. He looks like a a fucking corpse.

If there wasn't any Mike, there wouldn't be any AVGN or Monster Madness. James felt they should be one-offs but Mike insisted he continue because he thought they were great. You wouldn't even know Cinemassacre without Mike

Ryan is Mike's heroin dealer?

I was, actually. It wasn't as fun as it looks. And then the ugly girl keeps calling your for weeks and all your friends are making fun of you for dating an ugly fat girl. This was before it was cool to date fatties too. I did love Blink 182 at the time, I used to play Dude Ranch on repeat all the time. Listening to it now its just cringy tho.

I imagine you kiddos have better parties now with your designer drugs and whatnot

He has AIDS, asshole.

Post more loco bandito

Why did Bootsy leave?

Got you covered.

BROWN BRICKS

youtube.com/watch?v=TP4XBFo8GoQ

I mean I *could* but that would get me a 3 day vacation and I'm a /spee/ tard. Can't miss my shitposting during the games and races. I'm sure someone in this thread has sfw version with the gadget pic.

His Alpha Male presence intimidated Mike. He was also better at games then Mike and he hates to be upstaged.

This dude's got some serious deep seeded issues. Reminds me of MovieBlob's twitter oddly enough. Like peering into the twisted mind of a mentally ill permachild.

It's not a great list but at least it's honest. You can tell what kind of movies James grew up with and really left an impression on him. Much better than this list

Is mike clinically retarded?