This isn't Sup Forums

I approve

indeed

I want to kiss her with tongues

fixed

Stacy is cuter.

pigtails are disgusting to be honest

Both are cute

it would have been nice if there was an episode where daria inspired her to try thinking for herself and told her that being alone is better than being fucking controlled by a bunch of harridans who will allow you to feed on their social table scraps as long as you maintain sycophantism
then she'd meet stacy's family and find out her parents make the Doofenshmirtzes look like the Brady Bunch. and she realizes part of what gives her the strength to be alone is knowing at least her parents love her

>sharp little hurty thing attached to skin for no reason
yeah no. one of the best things about daria is she doesnt fuck with those

You forget the episode where she got her navel pierced because Trent thought it was cool. Or the episode where she tried to go without her glasses when her contacts bothered her because she felt like she looked better without the glasses. Daria isn't immune to peer pressure and vanity.

yeah but with the piercing she decided they fucking sucked and took it out. besides, doing it to be cool with trent is different, he's not a peer nor is he in the majority.
the glasses thing was.. really complicated. she didnt seem to have the ability to just judge aesthetics purely for aesthetics, and every character had this fucking weird idea that glasses are automatically ugly and that everyone else thinks so.

I can't be the only one who wants to fuck this teen mouth

She took out the navel ring because it itched. In the morning she tried to put it back but the hole was gone. She got it because someone she thought was cool suggested it and she went along with it. That's textbook peer pressure.

>no more Daria
>even tried reading Daria fanfics for a fix

there's a huge difference between trying to ingratiate yourself with a handsome guy who is a well-known rebel and has shown you a lot of positive attention, and trying to follow the mindless crowd that hates you

I could draw you some pictures..

>even tried reading Daria fanfics for a fix

Any good ones?

Do it

Not really, "influence of someone you're attracted to" falls under peer pressure. Trent wasn't that much older than Daria, he's still well within her peer group.

Please do.

bollocks on both counts. what I said still stands. it's completely distinct.
It's still two different kinds of not-really-following-your-own-drum so that point is still valid, but it's different

You people are fucking weird

Not many, but the most prolific author is a guy called The Angst Guy. His stuff is angsty.

So just to break this down, you're arguing about the definition of peer pressure to defend your point about
>yeah no. one of the best things about daria is she doesnt fuck with [piercings]
when she actually got her navel pierced. Like she literally fucked with those.

yeah and she didnt like it
and she wasnt really keen on the idea before or after. it took trent to convince her. the fact that even jane didnt really influence her to give it a try means they really arent her kinda shit, and that's one of the best things about her

But she fucked with those dude. She actually got her navel pierced, she took it out, but she did it. She fucked with those. And whats more, she got suckered into it. Like I said, Daria is not immune.

Why didn't anybody step on Daria's neck? I assumed that would happen at some point in the series, thanks to the theme song, but it never happened. Were the lyrics just one big red herring or was executive meddling the reason why they didn't follow through with it?

Yeah, Sup Forums actually a good board. This shit hole isn't.

i didnt say 'never fucked with' i said 'doesnt fuck with'
in the same way that a liar isnt someone who has EVER lied, but a person who lies.
present tense is weird in english, it's understandable you got confused
I think it's a metaphor

CUTE AND IMPERFECT

I couldnt think of much
I should go lewder.. but that's harder to keep in-character.

Look how skinny Jane is.

Look at her tiny breasts.

I want to break her in half.

S E X U A L L Y

Episodes about Daria being wrong were the best episodes.

Weird thing to bring up but I'm reminded of an episode of the sitcom Coach where the lead and his girlfriend "rescue" a woman from her cartoonishly sexist boyfriend only to realize she really is as stupid as he said she was and didn't want to be "helped".

similarly reminiscent of a Frasier episode where a guy who appears to be a mob boss asks frasier to advise his girlfriend to marry him and settle down, she makes it sound like he's domineering and refuses to let her be independent.. and when he actually talks with the guy it becomes apparent she's been through like 10 jobs that he found for her, and she just isnt a good candidate for working for a living.. and ought to be lucky she's found a guy willing to carry her
of course then frasier was obliged to give her a job at the station..

>the '90s
>media still Lefty but pokes fun at itself and makes jokes about the need for nuance
Amazing!

I don't like her. She sounds like a 40 year old woman

Daria is probably going to turn into those kind of lesbians who need so much stimulation to get off that they get all stretched out from fisting and comically large insertions.

That's just because she's grumpy all the time. Imagine what she might sound like while being mercilessly railed.

Like my grandma or your ugly mom

>your ugly mom
That's mean, Anonymous!

Is your mom a babe?

Man I was just thinking that watching some SNL clips. I always used to be able to laugh even when someone was taking the piss out of me but anymore political humor just isn't funny. It all seems to center around "look how right we are and how wrong the other guys are! We can't acknowledge our own failings!" Back in the day The Simpsons could take a shot at Republicans as cartoonishly evil bastards then make a joke about how spineless and ineffectual the Democrats were and the whole thing just came off as good fun. Now it feels like preaching. Where did the good topical humor go?

it's a lot easier to joke about shit when you arent actually terrified
the media has found that it's more profitable to scare people than to try to entertain people who are too fickle

archived thread: >>

Jake is the damn funniest character
it's a massive shame how none of these actors ever worked again

They came close in the episode where Stacey is Upchuck's partner in his magic show. She shits on Tiffany pretty hard when going off to do her own thing.

The whole Morgendorfer family is the highlight of the show. Anything involving at least two of Daria, Quinn, Helen, and Jake is golden.

Nice, user. Very cute.

yeah that was gratifying
and it was nice seeing upchuck get tossed a bone too. he aint so bad.

He even gets goth pussy. Lucky bastard.

Her hair looks like an ass.

I-I like how she sings...

Yes.

>TFW no annoying daria gf

I can't understand why anyone would like her.

Tastefully two-dimensional hair?

Daria's got a cute plain jane thing going.

A few years ago 30 Rock had an episode where Liz Lemon gets offended by the sexy infantilization of recent female hire and goes to great lengths to not only convince everyone else to be offended but "save" the woman from her own behavior.

By the end she shows everyone that the woman is actually a very intelligent comedian who's hiding out under a different name but it's revealed that the woman purposely puts on a persona because she's hiding from her violent ex-husband. She's then sorta hated by the rest of the staff, however briefly, and called a Judas to women everywhere.

That's the most recent variation of that sort of thing I can think of.

Yeah her hair is nice. Most of the girls in this show had nice hair.

Are Daria and Quinn lesbians?

isnt it weird how tumblrsorts will actually object to incest if it's gay
like doesnt the one pretty much drown out or at least cancel out the problems with the other?

Nah, there was even the episode where Jane went to that artist's retreat and a lesbian there tried to date rape her (lol). She had a very brief identity crisis then came realized that there ain't no way she's gay. Also, all of Daria's fantasies of the future feature her with a man.
In some commentary, it is said that Daria's appearance was supposed to be "a naturally beautiful girl who doesn't make anything of it through makeup and the like"

THE HEAD CANNON!

i'm impressed with the quality of some of this art. I mean it's not really complex or anything but to be able to match the show so well... only pastel equines are usually that on point

Nah, you're just a sheltered faggot

Maybe have her read high literature that's also smut (Marquis de Sade stuff, for example) and let it turn her on?

Eschewing the trendy homosex thing was one of the genuinely classy moves the show did. That lesbian was an asshole.

The fuck are you going on about?

Yep that's what that's a picture of! Those are all examples of classy-lit with eroticness, and she's gettin' blushy blushy

I think that user typed Quinn but meant Jane
Quinn's her sister
and like so many, she wasn't even a lesbian, nor was she even talking about love.. she was fucking that guy in the college to get ahead. that line about 'I can tell' is such classic hypocrisy amongst those sorts.

>That lesbian was an asshole.
So are all LGBT.

Not exactly a surprise if your entire identity is constructed around a type of pleasure you enjoy. I would assume 'foodies' are the same. except at least we're naturally meant to eat.

>foodies
What is that? Is that like a person who strives to eat high quality food or something?

It's an irredeemably fat person who cites their love of food for why their such an obese tub of lard.

Then go further with that. Her using one hand to keep the book up and one under the t-shirt to work off that tension

It's people who make seeking out special hoity-toity gourmet food their primary hobby and post about it online and shit.

>It's another 'Sup Forums talks shit about stuff they don't understand' episode

Can you even do that?
Maybe she'd have a stuffed animal between her legs to squeeze

there is no correct or incorrect assessment of something that exists entirely inside people's heads, their preferences and desires, their concept of identity. it literally doesn't exist objectively.
society's recent tendency to throw up their hands and say "sure, whatever you say" and accept anything any person claims about themselves is pretty fucked up in a lot of ways.

unf

While I liked how Upchuck ended up with Andera at the last moment, it would have been really interesting to see Stacey start dating Upchuck.

I can fap to that

Is it possible to do this and not be fat? I mean, I feel like it could be as long as you exercise properly and don't JUST go for food that's bad for you. I'm sure there's gourmet salads and fish and whatnot out there.

there's no good or bad with food, it's all the same four or five hydrocarbons over and over, in different amounts. in the end it's all about your exercise and your stress level

Who were your favorite characters to see together?

I always liked it when Daria and Helen interacted, and we got to see that when Helen wasn't so busy she could actually be a great mom.

>we got to see that when Helen wasn't so busy she could actually be a great mom.
Wasn't that actually quite often?

Helen and Jake are both great characters.

I like pretty much any scene with Mr Demartino in it, I think him and Jake would make really good friends.

it was every so often
this show more than any I can think of in the 90s had a really fair balance of appealing to teens with "haha dumb parents just don't understand" and sensible "parents are actually pretty good at a lot of shit and if they seem out of touch it's because theyve been through a lot of confusing shit"

WOW
Thats seriously disturbing