Mysterio Thread

Thread for my favorite Spidey villain: Mysterio!

Also asking for recommendations on good Mysterio stories. Aside from the classic Lee/Ditko stuff, Mysterio never seems to get a great story.

I think we will get Mysterio in a Spider-man movie soon. The MCU will def try to use him. The only villains they really have left now are Kraven and Mysterio.

I usually hate Slott's Spidey, but damn he wrote a great Mysterio in the Gauntlet.

Even Ultimate Mysterio was pretty fun.

Especially when it turned out that he was just 616 Mysterio all along.

People hate on Spider-men (for usual valid Bendis problems) but to me it was worth it just to get more Mysterio.

I liked his design in that story. Nice update of the classic fishbowl.

I also like the idea that all of his shenanigans in Guardian Devil was just a big show leading to him faking his death.

Then he comes around just to fuck with Spidey and the other Mysterios in that Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman story.

It almost redeems Guardian Devil. Almost.

Can we all agree Beck is best Mysterio?

Why does everyone hate Guardian Devil?
I get that Sup Forums likes to shit on Smith but I thought that was a pretty good story. Granted it did the whole "Murdock losing his mind, losing everything, and being driven to the edge" thing again, but pretty much every DD run since Miller has done that.

Issues 2 and 5 of Spider-Man and Deadpool feature Mysterio, and it's written by Joe kelly, so that's a plus. And don't worry, there is a good reason why Mysterio's costume looks a little amped up here.

Who would you like to see as Mysterio on film?
Bruce Campbell would be great but I think its unlikely.

Remember when Mysterio called all the X-Men?

No contest.

Called them to death, that is.

Goddamn autocorrect.

You never know user, you never know
I like how when Spidey's rogues aren't fighting him, they fucking wreck shop. Mysterio killed all the X-Men by himself in OML, that's pretty amazing

I think Campbell's age would actually work really well for the character. An over-the-hill SFX guy or actor turns to crime? I'm all in.

Roger Stern wrote a pretty good Mysterio story during his Spectacular Spider-Man run. Wish he had brought Mysterio for at least one more story just like he did with Vulture.

I mentioned this guy in another thread a couple days ago. Then it died.

When casting Mysterio, all you need to worry about is the voice. And I think this Colin Salmon's pipes would be great.

Why on Earth would the X-men hesitate to take down Wolverine?