I really don't get why this guy is so lauded

I really don't get why this guy is so lauded.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen a lot of his movies and they're very watchable. He has a lot of imagination that overflows in every single film, and he clearly has a penchant for fairy tale magic, and cute characters, but he doesn't seem to ever be able to make any of it gel together in a meaningful way. The man has never constructed a worthwhile plot to save his life, and even if his movies are for kids, the sentimentality and warm feelings always seems to drown out everything else.

He has talent, but he seems like he desperately needed someone else to reign him in.

>plot
Literally the least important part of a film

>TOO WEST TO UNDERSTAND EAST PLOT AND MESSAGES

He is a level 10 director. There is no denying his mastery of kino.

His laid back movies like Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbor Totoro are a lot like classic Disney movies like Bambi and Dumbo where it's mostly a lot of cutesy slice of life with a dramatic climax thrown in at the end (Bambi) and sometimes with some weird acid trip shit mixed in (Dumbo).

>the sentimentality and warm feelings always seem to drown out everything else

Which is literally the same as Disney movies, although Miyazaki has more range than Disney. I didn't find Princess Mononoke or The Wind Rises to be sentimental or warm.

>The man has never constructed a worthwhile plot to save his life

Spirited Away and Mononoke are both basically western style plots

He fucking sucks.
It's just that white people have zero taste in anime, so OF COURSE they're gonna suck the cock of the guy who panders to their tastes the most: the one who makes repackaged Disney shit.

Liking Miyazaki is one of the ultimate red flags in taste. It instantly tells you how much of a brainlet your conversation partner is.

Mononoke is far better than any western plot of this sort (Avatar).
Why?
Becouse there are no esentially bad people. The lady who rules Iron city needs nature to help her people. She hires outcast and sick people. Nature is not evil, but is not good either.
And in Ashitaka and Mononoke dont stay together (even though they will be close "close").

He is trying to sweeten the pill of traditional values for a generation that is materialistic and weak and degenerate. He is a Quixotic hero whose very presence in this world seems out of place. As he himself has said, he is a 20th century man in the 21st century. That is why he is loved, because he is an heirloom from a time that has well and truly passed

Yeah why can't we go back to the golden age when no one was materialistic like the 80s or the 50s?
So fucking retarded

>there are no bad people so its good lmao
This fucking meme needs to die.
If your story has 'no bad people' because you're too scared to show moments of severity, desperation, cruelty, and viciousness, then you have no business being in the storytelling business.
Shut the fuck up with this nonsense. The human struggle against violence, selfishness, and cruelty is what makes storytelling.
Go watch Sicario if you want an actual good movie. Mononoke is wishy washy garbage and overrated drivel.

His best film "Castle of Cagliostro" is pure kino and anyone who doesn't like Miyazaki should watch it.

>Nausicaa remake in the form of a one-cour series by Anno never

Imagine the day a full cgi ghibli film is made it will either be the end or the start of something new and great

How about no?
Ghibli produced their own CG series, and it's an absolute trainwreck.
Japanese people just seem to be awful at CG in general.

>full cgi ghibli film
It'll be fucking terrible. CGI wouldn't fit the atmosphere Ghibli and especially Miyazaki movies tend to have.

He made children's movies. The reason him and Satoshi Kon are known in the west is because their productions are easily accessible to western audiences, being in the film format as well as taking heaps of inspiration from western film.

Most adult-oriented stuff in Japan is within old OVAs from the rental era and post-evangelion television series.

The reason why to love Ghibli is because with them we can still get big budget 2D animated films that look like actual art instead of the ugly as shit 3DCG films we get here in the west.

It's not so much about 'not having evil characters' as it is about understanding that the man vs. nature stories are often just hippie propaganda in the west. In the case of Avatar, it's especially egregious, because that movie was a giant technological feature about how we all need to just give up on civilization and be one with the Earth, man.

Princess Mononoke acknowledges that even something as basic as caring for the sickest and most vulnerable in society requires technology that might come at the expense of nature, something the millionaire hippie faggots making these movies in the west don't have the balls to confront.

>Japanese people just seem to be awful at CG in general.
Nope.

>moments of severity, desperation, cruelty, and viciousness
They're still in there you dumb contrarianigger.

>that choreography that makes Looney Tunes look grounded in reality
Jesus, do people actually like that shit?

>dumb Sup Forumsfags butthurt about disney and ghibli being rightfully popular for having great artists (likely because they cannot draw themselves)
Go back to your 8fps moeshit fotm you fragile little babies.

oh wow

Pleb thread
Go watch 700 movies before posting, you clearly don't know cinema outside of Hollywood summer blockbusters

> go watch Sicario if you want a hood movie
> posts Sup Forumseddit pic
The absolute state of the television and film board

Kek this is fucking great. What is this from?

>I'm a contrarian give me attention

>I've seen a lot of his movies and they're very watchable.
You just answered your own question.

I always feel like Miyazaki films are lacking something. Maybe I'd be more into him if I had watched his films as a child. His films don't leave me thinking about them the way Satoshi Kon's and Anno's do, but they probably shouldn't because they're aimed at a different audience.

You didn't watch it, did you?

Shut up weeb, anime is trash and this guy is the only one that tried to do sonething worthy with the medium

Resident Evil Vendetta

Japanese Walt Disney. His movies do the exact same thing which made Disney's early work so good.

Back to /capeshit/, 5-year old.

He's very good at creating an engaging story that kids can get swept up in. While adults are less likely to fall for this, they can at least appreciate the mastery and creativity on display, especially compared to the dreck that is most children's entertainment.
Most of his work is aimed at kids, or at least families, but that doesn't mean that they can't be judged as 10/10s for what they are.

Better than John Wick 2 desu.

>The man has never constructed a worthwhile plot to save his life
Back to your fan service pedophile cartoons faggot.

>Sup Forums tries to have an opinion on kino
>WAHHH EVERYTHING NEEDS VIOLENCE
>MOM WHERE'S THE SPLOSIONS AND GORE?! THIS IS GARBAGE!!!

Stick to your shitty /got/ and /twd/ threads you brainless cunt.

I agree. They're fine, but they always seem to be lacking something. It's like that with a lot of anime, they aren't bad, but they lack a special quality to get the audience truly invested. They don't speak to the human experience beyond the superficial.