Why are movies set in ancient Greece and Rome always casted with nordics?

Why are movies set in ancient Greece and Rome always casted with nordics?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baltic_Origins_of_Homer's_Epic_Tales
phys.org/news/2017-08-civilizations-greece-revealing-stories-science.html
scaruffi.com/politics/greeks.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0t65vXMS_Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=c0m3RKbcq2g
clarkesworldmagazine.com/hoffman_01_13/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is "casted" a word?

because modern greeks are fucking lame

greek here, this answer is correct

we do have qts though

because the ancient greeks and romans were nordics

WE

Also, Achilles was a registered blonde, his Myrmidons were exalted as literally being all blonde.

There have always been all-blonde societies in Greece, even today with Pomaks and some other villages in the north of Greece.

>google Pomaks
>literally no blonde
lol

We

money, modern Hollywood is run by suits

well not every person is blonde you silly, that is genetically impossible

never thought of those shitskins as my ancestors! backstabbing and honorless

Getting this out of the way now

WE WUZ GREEKZ N SHIEET

You forgot to say WE WUZ ROMANZ too

because WE WUZ KANGZ AN SHIT

look how much butthurt the KANGZ meme generated, I can't tell is user is black, a lefty, or a jew. Maybe he is all three like Eric Andre

>Shitskin
Probally a NeetSoc skinny, pale af, with smol benis

Then why do most white supremacist say they invented civilization, when it was really pastaniggers?
You ancestors were savages during that time

I'm Greek though

Kek

have you considered the possibility that he's an actual KANG?

You're pathetic and a dumb worthless like a nigger.

Only a nordling could get this aggresive over a meme like this. Its only funny when the "right whites" do it I suppose

you should know then that pomaks are bulgarian speaking muslims

>The team didn't publish any information on the mummies' racial or ethnic origins, saying that the data on the issue was incomplete. But that didn't stop others from speculating. A Swiss genealogy company named IGENEA issued a press release based on a blurry screen-grab from the Discovery documentary. It claimed that the colored peaks on the computer screen proved that Tutankhamun belonged to an ancestral line, or haplogroup, called R1b1a2, that is rare in modern Egypt but common in western Europeans.

Are you angry that the people who both enslaved your people are the relatives of those who would shoah them?

Sure, they classify as a Thracian muslim tribe living in Greece and Bulgaria. Have you ever met a pomak though? I did in the army, the blonde to brown ratio was pretty insane.

>one sentence reply
>multiple thoughtfully designed memes and image macros

Stay mad

WE
WUZ
MUMMIES
N SHIEEEET

>AYY YO HECTOR GET YO MUTHAFUCKIN ASS OUT HERE RIGHT NOW BOY

>WE WUZ PEHROZZ, WE WUZ MANSA MUZZA

im not white, i am a nord and even tho we where savage and lived in primitive longhouses our culture where more honest and happy

To this day some Greeks have blonde hair, around 6-8% of the population, likely a little more back in the day due to less mixing with semitics and arabs. "Yellow" hair isn't uncommon in Greek historical texts, and Achilles and Alexander the Great are two prime examples of Greek/surrounding men who were described by their contemporaries as having yellow hair.

I don't know about casting Nordics, but depicting Achilles or Alexander with blonde hair isn't revisionism, it's historical accuracy.

you have brown eyes dont you?

that is what anglos think.. real nords want nothing to do with the southlands.. where its warm, flys gather to feast in the filth

>more honest and happy
is that forgetting the parts where roman legion step all over your huts and enslaved your ancestors to pour them wine. You were kangz of your straw huts thats for sure and crude iron

Weird how people have to put things into a context of ancient history to shit on germanics since, you know, germanics conquered half the world, invented most of our favorite technologies, and spread one of their languages until it was the most commonly spoken in the world since.

Kindof ironic to see people shitting on germanics in english, all I'm saying. Angles was a germanic tribe. At some point, a germanic tribe either physically or culturally dominated your ancestors or you would be speaking a different language.

British are less than 30% Germanic, 60% Celtic and 10% ambigious stuff

Yet that's wherea vast majority of people of their haplogroup are and have been, in southern scandi, denmark, netherlands, east england, and northern germany.

I thought that Alexander was usually depicted as having Brown hair?

Achilles I can agree with because there are multiple references to him having light (and sometimes even red) hair

making a lond winded reply like this to a meme pic, like come on user. And saxons were the ones that spread their language across the globe. Last I remember Sup Forums says brits/saxons aren't even white, also latin is the foundation of most european languages so it sounds like pastaniggers win again

On average, due to the welsh. Most english are over half germanic. Regardless, the language and dominating culture is germanic.

His contemporaries describe him as having yellow hair, and most depictions I'm aware of are the same.

>claiming the millennia old accomplishments of your distant ancestors, instead of accomplishing great feats yourself

Imagine being this much of a faggot

You just described life of every Sup Forumsfag

I just find the lack of education amusing and also depressing. The irony is fierce, shitting on nordics in english.

English is called "english" because it was the language associated with the Angles tribe. The saxons spoke it as well. "England" is called england because it was conquered by the angles primarily. Regardless of that, they call them anglo/saxon because the two tribes worked together and are basically the same culturally.

You could find someone on Sup Forums saying just about anything. Latin is the foundation of spanish, which is the second most common spoken language in the world, to english, which is based in germanics, which would put "pastaniggers" in second by the metric you just pulled out of your ass, ironically.

If you have no connection to your family, your ancestors, your nation or your people then what identity do you have? You are your parent's child, your grandparent's grandchild, they revel in your accomplishments and you can stand proud of the inherited traits and culture from them.
You have no idea what you discuss.

Racial and ethnic identity is deeper than skin color.

Modern Greeks are Turks.

Yes it is all well and good to appreciate the culture and feats of your ancestors, but when your indirectly touting them as your own feats, and using them to claim supremacy it becomes idiotic. Especially when the usual retards who do it (Stormfags, and WE WUZ nigs) are usually scum who have no notable accomplishments of their own.

Not him but what alternative metric of comparing genetics do you recommend if achievements per capita are no good?

>Got no pride
>So i shame others who have it.

um sweetie, the Iliad takes place in the baltic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baltic_Origins_of_Homer's_Epic_Tales

>Being so scared of whites you have anti-white propaganda saved on to your hard drive
You should really be more scared of the chinese, imo. They're the fuckers who will gas half the planet and not look back if you give them the chance.

>but when your indirectly touting them as your own feats

Nobody fucking does that you fucking moron.

The very "individualist" criteria by which you're using to judge others by was not created by you and yet you feel justified in using it as if it were your own idea.

Nobody else judges people individually except Whites.

Look, i'm not saying that there isn't a racial, or ethnic difference between the accomplishments of different cultures. Of course Europe has a more impressive history than Africa, anybody with eyes can see that. But when you are claiming the victories of others as your own simply due to belonging to the same ethnic group it becomes stupid. Especially when right now, there are people of "inferior" Races out there contributing to the betterment of humanity whilst you shitpost on an anime image-board.

*ahem*

phys.org/news/2017-08-civilizations-greece-revealing-stories-science.html

>A passion for history inspired Stamatoyannopoulos to initiate this project: "For over 100 years, many hotly contested theories have circulated concerning the origin of the inhabitants of Bronze Age, Classical, and modern Greece, including the so-called 'Coming of the Greeks' in the late second millennium, the 'Black Athena' hypothesis of the Afroasiatic origins of Classical Greek civilization, and the notorious theory of the 19th century German historian Fallmerayer, who popularized the belief that the descendants of the ancient Greeks had vanished in early Medieval times."

>While the new study does not resolve all the outstanding questions, it provides key answers. Importantly, the findings disprove the widely held theory that the Mycenaeans were a foreign population in the Aegean and were not related to the Minoans. The results also dispel the theory that modern Greeks did not descend from the Mycenaeans and later ancient Greek populations.

>In broad strokes, the new study shows that there was genetic continuity in the Aegean from the time of the first farmers to present-day Greece, but not in isolation. The peoples of the Greek mainland had some admixture with Ancient North Eurasians and peoples of the Eastern European steppe both before and after the time of the Minoans and Mycenaeans, which may provide the missing link between Greek speakers and their linguistic relatives elsewhere in Europe and Asia.

>Nobody fucking does that you fucking moron.

Are you retarded?

Read this thread, or even better go for a jaunt to Sup Forums. The entire foundation of "White Supremacy" is based on the feats of Eurocentric civilization.

Which we are. Not a part of. Are.

>But when you are claiming the victories of others as your own simply due to belonging to the same ethnic group it becomes stupid.
Isn't this just a common strawman against ethnic nationalism and not really something that people do?

Not sure why you're targeting me, I'm an american mutt and not any kind of ethnic nationalist. I just take an interest in anthropology and history. That aside, the "betterment of humanity" is an arbitrary way to judge someone's quality. I personally and perhaps equally arbitrarily respect people more who work towards the betterment of themselves.

>He says as a member of eurocentric civilization
So white supremacy has a solid enough basis for you to stand on, it seems.

cuz thats how Romans and Greeks looked like before importation of nigger slaves and muslim rapes

user you just kinda proved my point in germanic tribes having almost little to do with spreading some of the most common languages around the globe. Everything else in this post is just you showing off your history major...

Contrary to what Western shut-in Sup Forumsshit autists think people in Southern Europe are not brown.

>muh nordics

It's funny, these people have no fucking problem inheriting, law, resources, knowledge, history, etc. BUT PRIDE? YOU CAN'T HAVE THAT YOU NEVER EARNED IT, YOU LOSER!!!

>He says in english, a germanic language and the most commonly spoken language on the planet
Hmm, something isn't right here. How did this happen if the tribes in question had nothing to do with it? I'm confused.

You aren't even comprehending my words, guess I have to be more blunt. The angles founded england, england founded america, england and america founded most of what you know of modern society if you are primarily speaking english right now.

>The Minoans and Mycenaeans descended mainly from early Neolithic farmers, likely migrating thousands of years prior to the Bronze Age from Anatolia, in what is today modern Turkey.

Turns out the Greeks were Turks the whole time

Dorians were the real Greeks.

Germans sacked the mighty roman empire so they were clearly there

Pretty much everyone other than sub saharan africans are in a sense. All non-african sapiens migratory waves got bottlenecked through the area, and cro-magnids, from which all humans other than sub-saharan africans and australasian extants descend from developed in the fertile crescent around 40k years ago.

>the 'Black Athena' hypothesis of the Afroasiatic origins of Classical Greek civilization

WE

English is based of Old Norse, if the Danes did conquer the entire of England. It would be Daneland, but the Angle's did it.

modern greeks are less semitic than ancient greeks and you cant pin down what the ancient greeks meant with blond because colours work on a spectrum

I have no idea how blonde/white the original greeks were, but it's an empirical fact that all of southern Europe (Greece is European) saw heavy influx of immigration and conquest from the Arab and African nations.

It would be STRANGE if the skintones didn't go darker as a direct result of several thousand years of this racial intermingle.

They literally said "yellow", and I'm not sure if you understand what "semitic" means. Greece obtained significantly more semitic haplogroup after Ottoman occupation.

>several thousand years of this racial intermingle
History is not all blacked rape 24/7

>after 3000 years of racial interbreeding
>t-this is what a Greek looks like

the original Greeks are extinct. All that are left are leftover mongrel-mix.

ironically the WE WUZ meme is more relevant when modern Greeks try to claim ancestral rights.

except that's literally how the world worked, and still works sometimes. The Soviets went on rape-sprees when they entered Germany, as late as WW2. The conquerors always dilute the original population. It's in our genes.

So angles are now germanic now or am I not comprehending what you said? I don't remember saying germanics were the one that invited and spread english around the globe.
>And saxons were the ones that spread their language across the globe
I'm sorry I didn't list every tribe and sub-tribe that had a and in inventing the english language user, just used the short end of the stick cause I'm on Sup Forums arguing about the white race

That only happens in the conquest phase and not all rapes result in a baby, and not all babies survive (especially during war times). It's all some cuck propaganda.

>not all rapes result in a baby, and not all babies survive

sure, let's say that only 25% of rapes result in birth and just 25% of those babies survive. Now stretch this phenomenon AND natural immigration over 3000+ years, and you've got yourself a recipe for dilution.

Do you honestly think 100% of women are raped during a conquest? Do you honestly think this thing goes on for thousands of years?

I don't know how many women were raped during conquests, but I would be surprised if stone-age warriors didn't try to rape everything they saw after months of warfare.

And I don't "think" this went on for thousands of years, I KNOW it.

scaruffi.com/politics/greeks.html

>stone-age warriors
We're talking about "diluting" muh genes, so that implies it's done by conquerors who are distinctly different and from far away, not some guys from a region a hundred kilometers away.

youtube.com/watch?v=0t65vXMS_Cw

Explain why only 1% of modern day Egyptians share the same genes as King Tut

Unironically, this.

Nordic/Germanic/Celtic people are simply more aesthetically pleasing as heroes, especially in historical/fantasy settings.

yeah, let's pretend that people didn't use to be separated genetically by the sea and vast distances, and that this separation stopped abruptly when they managed to domesticate beasts of burden, and learned how to build sea-worthy ships to transport huge armies.

Because the royal family might be from a foreign dynasty and also generations of incest.

Kys leftycuck

youtube.com/watch?v=c0m3RKbcq2g

You got proof that King Tut and his family were foreigners?

Learn to read and understand written text.
We're talking about brownies fucking muh white women, not some white villagers raping the white women from the neighbouring white village. That's not what your cuck rape fantasies are all about.

Because that's what greeks looked like before they got replaced with arab rape babies.

>They literally said "yellow"
They literally said the ocean was red as wine, honey is green, sheep are also red, and the sky was bronze.

clarkesworldmagazine.com/hoffman_01_13/

Color is relative. I'm too lazy to find the exact article but some rain forest tribe was able to spot 200 unique shades of green, but unable to distinguish more than one or two shades of blue

HOL UP
>smacks lips
What youse tryin' to say is
>worships a tree
What you is saying
>gets tricked by jews
That we nords wuz
>pretends to be lost tribe of israel
That we wuz
>snorts sharply through narrow nostrils
Wait a minute
>opens door for refugees
So you wuz sayin
>eats rotting shark
Hol up so u be sayin is
>scratches pube beard
That we wuz
>gets raped by mongols
WE wuz
>gets made into sex slaves
THAT WE. WUZ.
>destroys rome
KANGZZZZZZ

Are you really trying to argue against genetic drift? It's a fucking fact, you subnormal.
Look at extremely insular groups that DON'T mix and you'll find they're rife with genetic diseases.
Nordics have deformed fingers, jews have like a hundred genetic diseases, japs have several, amish have thick syrup-like piss, etc.

the only one constantly bringing up cuckoldry is you. Conquerors raping native women has nothing to do with cuckoldry.

You clearly don't understand how genetically diverse people used to be, before sea-worthy ships became a thing and we domesticated horses and camels. Even neighboring countries in Europe used to be very genetically diverse.

See Ireland vs. Anglos for example, if you're actually interested in having the discussion rather than screaming about cuckoldry and having a cognitive dissonance about the historical facts.

blonde haired blue eyed greek here, we exist

also i though this was Sup Forums for a bit

Angles and Saxons were Germanic tribes. I'm not the same guy and I'm not gonna post anything more on the topic, but Germanic is a whole language family. It includes North Germanic (Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, Danish, Norwegian), West Germanic (Dutch, Frisian, English, German, Scots), and the now extinct East Germanic (Gothic) languages.

I hope this clears some things up for you.