Shelf Thread

Book in the first picture is The Answer (SU) while the comics I have in the box is a issue of Cage #1,Some niche Moore with DC ads everywhere and a couple issues of The Maxx. Big Numbers #1 next to it.

maybe I get my shit today...

How is the second Legend of the Galactic Heroes novel, where exactly does it finish? I'm rewatching the entire series again.

Also is the Blame Master edition volume 1 already out if print? If so then fuck me that was quick.

>Also is the Blame Master edition volume 1 already out if print? If so then fuck me that was quick.

looks like it, can't find it on the european amazons any more.

I'm really hoping they restock it in when volume 2 is released this week. Shame though they promised a decent release of Blame for years, we get it then this happens.

Also my recent pick ups are:
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer 1-10
Ajin volume 2

Haven't read them yet desu.
Going to try to get it here since it seems cool despite me having like no more shelf roof. I seen a forgin edition of a random volume in a local store which was unexpected though.

ridiculous price

How? It seems to be $5 less RRP.

I read the first one but I usually like waiting until a series is finished so I can either buy it all at once or just read it all in one or two sittings but yeah, weird to see Legend of the Galactic Heroes being translated into so many languages now.

because the actual cover price is $34.95

That's $47 here.

can't really know where you come from. if the pic shows $ then I automatically assume it's USD.

Got SCUD the disposable Assasin. Loving it so far.

It's AUD.

Ordered Flash by Waid and Tomie HC

>Tomie HC
I am gonna have to get that.

Everything big 2, except flash tpb is free.

>free
what? did it fall from a truck?

it was very late
when i asked them they said, "just take your money back and leave us alone"
kek

>Pluto
the real winner right here

Ordered a bunch of Vertigo stuff.

The Dream Hunters
Death Deluxe edition
Endless Nights
Sandman Overture
Lucifer 1

I remember reading Pluto and being a little disappointed because I'd read 20th Century Boys right before. Urasawa is still a real champ at what he does.

How are Negative Burn, Baoh, Aqua Knight and Generation Zero?
Are those old Prophet issues really worth reading/getting?

Negative burn is an Anthology so it is hit and miss issue to issue

Baoh is great early Araki action and Aqua Knight is open and loose Kishiro which I love

Generation Zero is a strange case where DC pulled a story out of Heavy Metal and printed for some reason

I'm not sure what to say about this one. It's very entry level which is no bad thing and you've got enough variety to follow up on things.

Sandman would be worth checking out too.

I rarely see Negative Burn getting discussed anywhere and I've been wondering about the series. Did you get those issues for any specific stories? Alan Moore did those song comics there.

Well Archie Goodwin was the editor Epic Illustrated when Generation Zero ran and also has gotten the co-writing credit(?). Archie had returned to DC after Epic and got DC to reprint it.

Yeah most of those issues were in a 50 cent bin at a con so like whatever there is Pope and other people doing art in them.

I really like Pepe Moreno and I did't know about that edition until I saw it.

Nigga, do you really need to upload a fucking 4mB picture of your shelf.

Goddamn

Stapling all the images together makes more sense than posting all the individual pictures

I resized the big image down so it was in the size range.

How is that Sleeper omnibus?

Don't know. One of the only B&P series that I haven't read.

never been that lucky with a big order.

it is very tiring

nothing, no package, not even a single letter. am I being blacklisted by the post office?
at this point I'd be happy about a single flyer.

How'd you like Sec? I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to Ferrick's next book from 2dcloud. Also, what's the book to the right of The Oaf.

Man, wasn't Thickness supposed to get a collection? Did that ever come out?

Why is preacher backwards

You mean it's got an arse for a face?

>Thickness

oops
thanks for pointing it out

Eventually it'll come. DeForge might be the hold up but he isn't sure.

stick around

Bumping with latest purchase

And my new shelf where I'm moving stuff to from my old place.

Next on the list is the final part of Bouncer and then maybe finishing the Edena series.

After that maybe some manga(that is if Dark Horse can ever get the next volume of Drifters released.)

R8

I give you 1 wooden sword out of Q

Nice

Moar on the way

quite a bit of stuff there you don't see here regularly. 6/10

Really bro

Only the 1st vol of New Frontier? What up with dat?

Lustiges Taschenbuch (Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck stores, mostly those from Italy translated into German but also some original ones) collection. not mine, but wanted to post it anyway.

wew lads

I found Copra 1-6 a little unsatisfying narratively. How is the rest?

You probably won't like the rest, I mean it's really more of the same. Fiffe isn't a good writer, I enjoy copra for his art.

I have no interest in any of those disney based books but thats really cool

Thanks. I like the art too, but I'll grab some cheap used copies eventually.
Pic unrelated.

I hope you're talking about the collections because you definitely aren't going to find the singles for cheap.

Got these today.

posting my boring never changing shelf to bump, I'm totally getting some books for xmas from my family though! (being a poorfag is suffering)

Yeah the collections, I actually have the first two compendiums which cover 1-6.

is that Absolute Infinite Crisis?

Yes.

>Putting your trades on a hard, rigid shelf
>Not giving them a comfy bed to sleep on
ishigsdgy

I read the first volume of it from the library.

>it's very entry level
>recommends Sandman
OH, the Irony.

Ugh, so gross..

Clean that shit up

>naughty and nice

lucky bitch. I wish I could find scans of it at least.

At least put the omni on a shelf. Storing it like that fucks the binding.

That bed doesn't look very comfy.

Why is Sandman considered entry level when it's so full of references to other things that you won't get if you haven't read all kinds of shit?

It's not considered entry level.

Because it's basically the worlds most critically acclaimed comic and you can read it without knowing what the references are for the most part. Literally everyone who has read a comic before 1995 knows about sandman. Not saying that it sucks, but it's basically the most widely known comic. I've met 50 year old ladies who don't even read comics that ooze over sandman.

>but it's basically the most widely known comic
This cannot be right.

Walk into any comic book store and ask anyone older than highschool age, they will have read sandman. Sure it's not THE most widely known thing (that's why I said bascially), but it is one of them.

It's one of the few comics people with no real knowledge of the industry have a chance of having heard about them, and knowing they were a comic.

Maus and Watchmen are some of the other big ones.

I learned about Maus from that one Simpsons episode where Art Speigelman, Alan Moore and some other guy were in Springfield.

You seriously don't know Daniel Clowes?

>you seriously don't remember every Simpsons episode by heart
No, not really.

Couldn't you have looked it up before hand though?

For what purpose? It wasn't relevant to anything I was saying. The celebrity guest stars in the Simpsons shouldn't be this important to you.
Let's stop talking about it.