A billionaire genius really couldn't think of a better way to fight crime than punching individual criminals in the...

A billionaire genius really couldn't think of a better way to fight crime than punching individual criminals in the face?

He couldn't have used his fortune to invest in infrastructure, urban renewal, education and training programs for the poor, better law enforcement technology, lobbying for tougher penalties for criminals, etc...?

Which one sounds more fun to you?

>why are comics made by 20 year old jews in new york in the 1930s not logically consistent

Doesn't he canonically do all that other shit?

He does all of that, though. His public persona is based around being abillionaire philanthropist (and a playboy).

he canonically does all that but Gotham is a corrupt shithole. Those things would only attract people who wants to exploit it.

Then why does shit never get better in Gotham?

You know, Giuliani didn't need to dress up as a bat to clean up New York. And he's nowhere near as rich and powerful as Bruce Wayne.

I think what's even more ridiculous is how Batman is portrayed as a benevolent billionaire, like Wayne Enterprises as the picture of squeaky clean capitalism that somehow keeps all of Gotham afloat with its business & charity yet somehow maintains huge profit margins even when they operate in a city that is synonymous with crime, corruption & urban decay. I think his character would be better if his company was ruthlessly pragmatic and Bruce just doesn't give a shit how many pensions get cut, factories get relocated and workers get outsourced as long as the revenue streams stay big enough to keep funneling money into his superhero hobby.

Bruce is enough of an obsessive psycho to convince himself that all the misery caused by his corporate greed is worth it as long as he can subsidize his superhero do-gooding.

Yeah I'm not even into capeshit and still know about the Wayne Foundation.
He's doing all he can to nip the problem with crime in the butt.

>Ive never read comics
>Surely throwing money at the problem will fix it
Did you forget how rooted corruption was in Gotham when he was eight? Besides taking down crime families just creates a vacuum where others walk in to take the business

Because Gotham is more interesting as a shithole.

>It's a Sup Forums doesn't read comics episode

I don't read comics and even I knew he does that shit.

Flash should just run on a hamster wheel connected to a turbine and produce basically free energy. Superman should follow in Jor El'S footsteps and being a scientist, bring advanced Krypton Ian tech to humanity. Wonder Woman and Aquaman would both be far more influential if the focused all of their time acting as heads of state in the world community. The Joker, Let Luther, basically all super villains should receive capital punishment.

Another everything can just be moeshit and slice of life, but in DC.

He does though. Wayne Enterprises is big into philanthropy.

Why doesn't Superman just end all the crime in the world?

That's part of the point. He isn't batman to help others, he does it to help himself.

Still is not like writers actually use this kind of stuff to create deep meaningful stories, because comicbook writers suck and comics are for children

>Young Justicefags

That travesty of a show was a mistake.

Flash already did that in the New 52. It destroyed Central City's power grid

>Gotham probably is the most dangerous city to be in US
>Even more than for example Metropolis, where it is regularly attacked by aliens and giant robots, etc

All because it is a shithole with unusually high number of psychopaths

Fucking hell, relocate Arkham somewhere else would mean a lot for it's citizens

what a useless fucking idiot

Realistically, if a genius, billionaire philanthropist with an obsession to save Gotham appeared, he'd get it done. But it's not fun.

Gotham is simply more fun and interesting being a damaged, broken city.If Bruce Wayne eradicated corruption and shit, it would just be another damn city without character.

Gotham is interesting because it's a fucking shit hole without redemption, and the movie League of Shadows was right all along.

Yes Wayne industries donates to a lot of charities and does support the police alas it doesn't solve the real problems.

Also lets not forget that Batman is almost as sick as the enemies he fights. He could sit on a fortune but his mind says fighting bad guys is the alternative solution thus he invests in it and adds young men and women into his ranks

>He couldn't have used his fortune to invest in infrastructure, urban renewal, education and training programs for the poor, better law enforcement technology

He does all of this shit in the main continuity as well as countless other iterations. You're not the first casual to come up with this, you're not clever and you dont know shit about the character.

>Besides taking down crime families just creates a vacuum where others walk in to take the business

Which is weird in a world of superheroes, honestly.

>Some fucking nutjob in a bat costume beat the entire Gabbagool crime syndicate half to death. The Caprizio family, too, and if what the news says is true he's halfway through dismantling Albert Farfalle's personal army.
>So you all know what that means we should do, right?
>We should totally move in and supplant Gotham City's mafia.
>I mean, the bat has fucked all our competition in the ass, what are the chances he'll do the same to us?

One has to ask if its really about saving the city, or more about Bruce's twisted therapy for the wrong that was done to him

Doesn't he do both though? Like, when we see Bruce Wayne, he's usually at some gala or fundraiser, or cutting the ribbon on some new building or foundation with his family's name on it, or giving a speech to commemorate some accomplishment or another.

The Batman budget probably isn't THAT much. Like, it's a lot, but for a billionaire, it's probably like 5% of his overall wealth, right? He just delegates all the charity and development programs to people who actually know what they're doing, since he poured all his stats into punching folks real good.

This.
Requesting a storytime of that issue we always dump on these threads.

Its greed. I cant even imagine what the drug/arms trade is like in Gotham, only that its serious bank. Penguin and Black Mask could probably buy off everyone in Gotham 3 times over

>Giuliani didn't need to dress up as a bat to clean up New York

Rudy turned Manhattan below 96th into a theme park and pushed the gentrification of Brooklyn, fucking over a shit load of people in the process. He didn't fix anything.

By "people", you mean niggers, drug addicts, criminals and various other human filth, right?

Probably more than a billion. I mean, a B2 Spirit has less capabilities than the Batplane and those cost a billion each

Now is really the perfect time for a dark comedy set in a superhero world as seen from the angle of 2-bit crooks. You know those types. The kind of guys who for some reason try to pull of an armed bank robbery in Metropolis even though they've personally seen Superman rush to the aid of an old lady being mugged because he heard her call of distress from space. Yet despite reading about his superhuman exploits every day in the newspaper they still find it a good idea to pull off a good old fashioned bank robbery like it's 1935 and they're Bonny & fucking Clyde

>Also lets not forget that Batman is almost as sick as the enemies he fights
>this meme again

fund it

most of the misery he creates is putting back psychos in the ward only to escape and murder innocents again.

>implying there's a Manhattan above 96th
Oh you sweet summer child

Sounds kinda like Superior Foes

To quote Grant Morrison: "It's a fucking comic book."

Autists, I swear...

That shit doesn't work. You got to go to the streets and personally whop every criminal's ass if you want to see some change.

He would have to execute maybe a million + people.

Because that's they only way people would learn not to do bad: if they knew semi-divine justice was only a moment away from fucking them in the ass into oblivion, only then, maybe they'd reconsider "being bad".

Bad people never think they're doing evil; they just don't care about others.

>Then why does shit never get better in Gotham?

Because of the same reason that the Marvel universe is still plagued with Organized Crime even though Frank's slaughtered them by the thousands. It's a comic book.

Doesn't that make Marvel worse given all the people in NYC that's out to build a better mousetrap? I mean, you got Stark Industries, Parker Industries, Alchemax, etc. etc.

Manhattan stops at exactly 125th

It's amazing the amount of people who can't even understand a character like BATMAN. I mean really, it's pathetic.

Because Batman wants to die. He'd rather go down swinging though.

I can't believe this guy isn't banned yet and this thread is still up. "Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker" and "why doesn't Superman become emperor of the world" threads need to be banned too.

Yes.
But you know, Sup Forums by and large doesn't read comics.

>kicking out crime committing niggers is a bad thing
???

You know how Spider-Man isn't ever allowed to get "too old" and no matter how many times the Joker dies he never STAYS dead or no matter how long the heroes operate and time compresses and they accomplish an impossible number of things in an increasingly short period they never seem to get older?

Because.
It's.
A.
Fucking.
Comic.
Book.

Actually, I have a question. Why not get power armor? Batman's real superpower is being rich - but he's going out there in fetish gear, letting every angry minority with a grudge against the White Man take a swing at him. A gangbanger could fuck up his day with a lucky shot.

If he wore the Hellbat or Iron Man armor, no one could stop him.

I contrast Bruce to the Hunter Rose Grendel, who was a bored sociopath. But Grendel killed people and had superpowers, and was mostly doing it for shits and giggles: Batman actually wants to make a difference.

Or at least a city with a strong wealth-poor divide.

The only two logical answers.

You may want to read Batman: War on Crime.

What I love about non comics readers is how easy it is to tell you apart now.
I mean I used to have to work at it, but you carry these signs on your head now.

Being from Brooklyn used to mean something, it was a status symbol. But now? Brooklyn is dead

Fixing shit wont make you rich, retard

Bruce Wayne is basically the guy who sells guns to ISIS

And owns the prison they get sent to

Also owns the construction firm that fixes all the destroyed properties

The hospital where all the injured cops go? He owns that

why don't you put the whole WORLD in a BOTTLE

spot the guido

he did have the bat exoframe that he used to fight superman, it was even slim enough to fit in the batmobile

but supposedly it costs too much to run all the time, even for a billionaire

Do you really think any of that would stop The Joker?

Is Wayne industries actually confined to Gotham, or it is just where they HQ is? There's lots of facilities of theirs in Gotham, but I don't remember anywhere else.

Enh, that dollar figure does include bloated government contracts.

The Batplane probably uses a lot of gear owned and produced Wayne Enterprises. So you figure Batman probably breaks even on R&D, since that's a business expense he'd have to sink anyway. A lot of the parts he uses are probably commercial grade, and assembly line produced rather than military spec. That drives costs down to a fraction. He can probably build a batplane for much cheaper than the military can build a stealth bomber.

Stopping the joker is as easy as getting him tried by a competent judge and district attorney.

He has none of the characteristics needed for a criminal insanity defense. He premeditates, is aware of the pain he causes, and deliberates on his actions.

He's also crossed state lines.

Invest in a good federal case and bam, Joker is executed. Just two more to go.

Gotham is cursed and Bruce is autistic.

>competent judge and district attorney
of course, why didn't anyone else think of that!

superhero comics are dumb and unrealistic wow what a scoop

>World's greatest detective with billions at his disposal has the same train of thought as the retarded Asian teenager

And that's Batman's limit.
The city is corrupt as fuck, and after Harvey he has nobody he can trust in the system.
At some point he even fights the big ass organization that holds the reins of the city, and that's one fight he doesn't win, it's more of a draw.

>comicbook writers suck and comics are for children

Why are you here?

Seriously?

>He couldn't have used his fortune to invest in infrastructure, urban renewal, education and training programs for the poor, better law enforcement technology, lobbying for tougher penalties for criminals, etc...?
But he does all of that. Except the last, he's set up more rehabilitation programs for criminals.

Seriously, guys. Every new comic that comes out has a link posted for download. Entire runs of old comics are routinely linked and even storytimed. This stuff is all easily available to you, there's no reason for you to be so ignorant.

>best batfam girl
>retarded
Thems fighting words

All these people
Are stupid, becaue they're too dumb to google. Gotham is bad and will always be bad, because there's a warlock buried under it, for longer than the city has existed, who's spirit makes people go insane. It is literally impossible for Batman or Bruce Wayne to fix the city, it will always be shit.

He does all that. Punching criminals in the face is his hobby.

But it's true. Cass was an illiterate socially stunted dunce that couldn't even talk in full sentences until somebody put a mind whammy on her brain.

There's a difference between ignorance and retardation.

Can any tard fight like she can? For a tard she's pretty fucking high functioning.

Then why don't they just all move somewhere else?

Yes.

The state of Gotham changes by writer interpretation but generally it is heavily invested in by Wayne Enterprises.

Because that's not what people do. Case in point, Detroit still has people living in it.

to be fair her ignorance was forced at such an age where it's effectively a disability

too bad we can't kick your small white dick back too Sup Forums

>Besides taking down crime families just creates a vacuum where others walk in to take the business
There was a comic arc once where all the old crime families got together to try and hire criminals to eradicate the growing crazies.

The criminals they hired went crazy, turned on them, and obliterated most of them.

Gotham is a rancid cancer on the face of the planet, the world would probably be literally better off razing it to the ground and starting over elsewhere.

Thus spread makes me want a sort of Contra-like Batman game. Shit, with a bit of creative level design, a locked camera and cheesy 8-bit music it could fit into an Arkham game.

we get it King, not everyone can be as amazing as Dick.

>Sup Forums still doesn't get Batman

Flash did it too on Frank Miller's TDKSA. It worked pretty well, except for Flash for obvious reasons

There's nothong to get. Batman is a silly cape character and the writers's attempts to acknolewdge the inconsistences only make him sillier. Really, sleeping during day activities because muh strong will?

Why doesn't Batman use his money to rape the entire city of Gotham?

Gotham is Batmans playground. If he would kill the criminals, who would entertain him?

This

Look at this casual motherfucker who thinks he's clever and thought of something nobody thought of.
Still young enough to think that you're just SO smart that NOBODY has ever come up with these clever ideas before you?

The ones on the rest of planet Earth that would hand him his ass without a lot of effort on his part?
Seriously, his rogues gallery has maybe two or three genuine physical threats and then a bunch of unpowered loons who aren't even in good physical shape.

>theres all this crime and my parents are dead what do I do to stop it?
>be a ninja
makes sense

Giuliani didn't clean up New York. Dinkins set everything in motion and Giuliani just reaped the PR spoils. But white people don't like to admit it because Dinkins is black, and black people don't like to admit it because it would mean the guy they helped put in office and relied on to help them basically kicked them out of Manhattan and set up gentrification and police bullshit everywhere (remember, he hired Ray Kelly).

Oh it's this thread again. Someone must have just turned 14.

Not what I was expecting from King's run at all.

I mean I knew it would be dark and kinda meta I just thought King would be more subtle.

For every retarded plothole in comics, there is a more retarded explanation.

Dude her brain was literally fucked up. I love Cass, she's my favorite ever but she's every kind of Dyslexic