Orville S1 E2 is a lot more Star Trek Kino then anything STD is doing

Orville S1 E2 is a lot more Star Trek Kino then anything STD is doing...

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus
memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Qu'Vat_virus
ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/klingon-foreheads.htm
strawpoll.me/14043832
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like Sup Forums is still on damage control duty after they backed the wrong horse.
>Cast and crew of STD make SJW posts all over the internet
>Orville is advertised as being a cozy and lighthearted version of Star Trek
>Orville ends up being an SJW shitfest with bad jokes and bad sci-fi
>STD ends up being politically neutral and good
How long will it take the mental gymnastics to die?

>STD ends up being politically neutral and good
bait

Would you call TNG a SJW shit fest if you saw it for the first time now?

The jokes are hit or miss, but at least its a world I would want to live in.

>Would you call TNG a SJW shit fest if you saw it for the first time now?
Every the_donald newfag would. They are all faux-star trek fans getting triggered over anything that isn't WASP.

ep4 was absolutetely amazing desu

Looks like the damage control period is still going strong.

TNG didn't have an entire episode dedicated to gender issues three episodes in.

>neutral

This is foolish in the extreme.

The issue is that any parody of Star Trek would have to be liberal, because Star Trek was always a liberal franchise. That's inate. The people pretending to care about Star Trek so they can scream about a show having a nigger lead are so far from seeming like Trekkies that it's not funny. Star Trek had a nigger lead nearly 25 years ago.

In the age of star trek, people wouldn't care about race.

All it would take right now for the_donald ppl to stop caring ab blacks would for humans to discover aliens. Like all human inner race issues would be over tomorrow.

What about STD is politically heavy handed? There is one line of dialogue out of two episodes that can be construed as being political versus an ENTIRE EPISODE of gender issues.

What kind of mental gymnastics are these?
>A parody of Star Trek MUST be political and MUST be liberal
I could write up a Star Trek parody with a bridge of rednecks in fifteen minutes.

What is "the_donald" and why are you so obsessed with it?

>>STD ends up being politically neutral and good
the fuck?

Literally the opposite of everything u just said

What about STD was political? Did you watch it, or are you just thinking about all of the social media posts of the cast and crew?

the klingons agenda regarding individually drew parallels to white nationalists. this was confirmed weeks before release.

No it wasn't. You are referring to a buzzfeed article spammed on this website that misconstrued statements made by the creator.

The Klingons are just being Klingons: nationalistic, warlike, and racially-minded. That's how they've always been.

People will judge The Orville less harshly and with less nitpicking than they will any Star Trek show, movie, or book labelled as canonical. It's the same with Star Trek 'fan films'.

all that matters is if the world is nice and livable. STD failed at this, Orville succeeded.

So DS9(a rugged and dangerous space station on the outer reaches of federation space), VOY(a crew trapped in unfamiliar and dangerous space on a single federation starship hundreds of years travel from home), and ENT(A world still rife with social problems and a dangerous first exploratory mission into deep space) aren't good Star Trek?

Mental gymnastics are fierce as ever.

>orville uses words to solve conflicts

>std uses knifes and backstabbing

You just literally mentioned all the worst star treks in order

it's only partially draws inspiration from national and racial separatists in the USA recently.

it also draws inspiration from the history of some or all klingons alive at some time period having experienced some sort of virus that affected their appearance.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_augment_virus
memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Qu'Vat_virus

ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/klingon-foreheads.htm

>Atom by atom they will silence us. Cell by cell, our souls shall become theirs

Nobody who says DS9 is bad gets taken seriously, if you knew anything about Star Trek you would know this. It's literally the most common favorite among trekkies.

>DS9
>bad

DS9 challenges a lot of things Gene didn't want in star trek like religion and war, but challenged it well. That being said, it is not superior to TNG.

About 60% of DS9 is good, the continuous war plotline is the best part of the entire franchise, and only about 25-30% of TNG is good and scattered throughout. This isn't an uncommon view whatsoever among trekkies.

What is an uncommon view that I have is that ENT is also better than TNG.

DS9 worked because it had TNG to contrast itself against and it still had a lot of Star Trek style stories in among the space battles.

We'll see if Discovery lives long enough to have that. The Orville on the other hand jumped right in to classic Trek and seems to be on a good course.

and here's the door.

I'm a big Star Trek fan, seen all 700+ episodes, everything but some of JJ and the animated series. I was excited for Orville but couldn't even be shitted to watch episode four because of how disappointing the first three episodes were. I even wanted to keep giving it a chance, but episode four came out and I just realized I didn't even feel slightly tempted to watch it.

I have nothing against "classic style" Star Trek, which entails good characters, interesting science fiction concepts, and a variety of engaging stories. Orville has none of these things.

>Orville has none of these things.

actually it has all of those things, youre wrong

My suspension of disbelief has been broken persistently many times every episode, mostly by juvenile dialogue and acting but also by lazy science fiction and shoehorned narrative. That only happens occasionally with Star Trek, and very rarely many times in a single episode.

Its a little early to judge both new series, TNG, DS9, and Voyager didn't really hit their stride till season 3.
I thought the fourth episode of The Orville was pretty good, but so far the best episode was the second one.
Episode 3 probably would have worked better after some more stories establishing that species.

The thing that is making fucking 99% of Sup Forums boring and unreadable is every single poster talking about whether a show is "liberal" or "conservative" when a year and a half ago most of you children would not have cared either way. Many of you still don't fully understand what the terms mean anyway. Can't we please just shut the fuck up about left-wing or right-wing and get back to "I like this show" and "I don't like this show,"? Or even "this show is objectively good," and "this show is shit and you are a faggot." Either alternative is preferable to listening to a bunch of LARPing kids act like they understand anything whatsoever about politics.

Orville is shit and looks dated. It fails as both a serious Trek clone and a parody. At least STD is original.

>At least STD is original.

>GoT in space
>original

I'll agree Orville is shit.

No?

Wow it took less than 5 episodes for Orville threads to go from interesting discussions to full-on vomitoriums full of identical memes and bait posts. Is this a new record, Sup Forums?

>The jokes are hit or miss, but at least its a world I would want to live in.

you're just repeating what mike said about tng.

Jesus Orshilles on suicide watch.

It's also a lot more fun and interesting, something STD kinda lost me on.

There are episodes of TNG that I would pass on watching compared to the current Orville episodes aside from the pilot.

Literally it had a gender-fluid crewmate on the Enterprise.

Episode 3 was bad, Episode 4 is better because it's more like Episode 2

>Orville
>Parody
It's a spiritual successor with light comedy thrown in. They never mock the original

Seth MacFarlane is writing the best star trek since TNG

Seth needs to shave his head or grow a beard by season 2 or it's going nowhere

ep 4 was good saved my interest in the show. we officially have new tng kino

>Look Mom I posted it again!

Im afraid this show will fail bc people hate family guy

It's starting to grow on me, desu...

>P-Please stop watching Orville and watch DIS instead

I find it sad that Orville isn't interested in being its own thing and isntead has to rely on nostalgia pandering to sell. This is why it will never amount to anything in the long run.

People who say kino automatically invalidate their own opinion. It's a pathetically forced meme that makes the user seem like a total unintelligent imbecile.

Memes in general are only used by people without the wig to properly express themselves.

So now no matter how good this how is this whole topic has been undermined by a low intelligence meme user

>BLUE ALIEN CUM ON HIS WIFES FACE IS KINO

literally tv for kuks

you amerikus are hilarious

>Britbong willing to insult his own countrymen if it means being able to insult Americans
Wooow

>DIS
it's STD

strawpoll.me/14043832

Missed it by thaaaaat much.

Nobody cums in my wifes hair but me and Nanook tyvm.

9 p.m.

Will & Grace (NBC) – P 2.9/10 10.04

>The Orville (FOX) 1.1/4 3.73

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW) 0.2/1 1.05

LMAO...b-but they moved it to thursday and didnt tell anyone they said last week. they did over 4m last week