What is the appeal of animated movie characters singing Real World POPular songs?!?

What is the appeal of animated movie characters singing Real World POPular songs?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dp97JMRCTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Money

im going to fuck the koala

why risk making original music that only has chance of being good when you can use music that's already popular that you can easily sell on it's popularity?
plus it's probably cheaper than using good original artists to make an original score like what Disney does

is it even possible to shit out some cg movie these days and dont make money unless its video game related?

bullshit I know paul giamatti when I hear him, Matthem mconohay my ass

Trolls at least has a plot unlike Sing

Because contrary to popular belief, these movies are made for square normies and their young kids, a demographic that likes pop songs....not people on Sup Forums

That being said, Trolls actually did the music well and I thought it would be awful

Sing has a plot, it's just basic.

They are songs they like and people find it fun to have cartoon characters sing those songs.

I don't think I've ever cringed harder in my life

What do you mean? Zootop wasn't video game related and it made a billion

>Battle for Terra
>Alpha & Omega
>Foodfight
You missed them all. And that's not a bad thing.

>Battle for Terra
>Bad.

It was nice to see a movie going against the flow at the time.

To bad Avatar stole half its plot.

Every time someone tries to portray George Lucas as a misunderstood visionary, I bring up this movie.

If you own a song/recording artist, and use their music in your movie you make royalties for both artists (animator and musicians) and you get double royalties for every screening/sale (your piece of each royalty). Universal are one of the biggest recording companies in the world, so they are in the best position to make this movie.

I still love it

Isn't it kinda ironic though that due to production time all the songs used will surely already stop being popular long before release? I mean when was "Call me maybe" popular? 4 years ago?

They will just make a brief comeback. Just like how people got hype with the gotg soundtrack.

He said that only CG movies based on Videogames seem to flop, like Ratchet and Clank and Warcraft (in the US, anyway)

GotG used retro songs. Retro stuff can be brought back, because it recalls an older time.

4 year old pop songs that were overplayed recently aren't retro.

Angry Birds

Well yeah, but in case of gotg the songs were already old during production. They were chosen because they were classics, not because they were popular at the time.

Only a moderate success.

Also, redpilled

As hip, trendy and cool as it is to relentlessly shit on the guy these days, he really is a misunderstood visionary.

He's certainly accomplished far more than the entirety of his bashers ever will

There's a middle ground somewhere between the two. It's clear that he's got some good general ideas, but when he gets to control every aspect of a film, it gets turned to shit.

This is not something that's come with age. If you listen to a lot of the shit he wanted to put into Star Wars and Indiana Jones, it's clear he's always had these faults. Early on, he was checked by his partners, but as he grew wealthier, he got to do every stupid little thing he wanted

But yeah you are forgetting kids will see this movie and find the over played pop songs catchy even if they seemed played out to us and not retro or classic. Over played music also has a habit of coming back clubs still use that Barbara Streisand song.

Got any examples of stuff he wanted to put in there? I'm interested.

There's a ton of stuff from Star Wars like how he wanted Han to be some kind of weird alien with a gimmick or like how 3PO was supposed to be a grimy used car salesman type, Watto???

I'm not really a Star Wars fan, so I can't list everything, but it was all shit that wouldn't be alien in the prequels.

As for Indiana Jones, he wanted to call him Indiana Smith and wanted to have the Last Crusade be a haunted house movie.

Once he went Full Prequels, he wanted Indiana Jones 4 to be called Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars

George Lucas is a lot like Stan Lee in some respects.

Both are people who did some fantastic work in collaboration with other talent people.

Both, while definitely being a big part of it, got basically all of the credit for their work

Both have had decades of being called "the genius who created..."

Both started to believe their own hype

Both shat out turds that were highly publicised because they're by "the genius behind...."

Both failed in their recent ventures because they had little to no collaborative help and were basically surrounded by yes men

Both now have their legacy controlled by Disney

>Both shat out turds that were highly publicised because they're by "the genius behind...."
Oh man, I was in for a rude awakening when I tried to read his Daredevil.
>tfw it was just a shittier, more retarded attempt to repeat the Spider-Man formula

They can make money off of waifufags, fur fags and teenage pop music consumers without any creativity.

It's called a Jukebox musical, it's made mostly so that people can sing along with the songs.

>Zootopia did it and was hugely successful.
>Surely we can do the same and expect similar results.

>this looks pretty much like "*InsertCountry* got talent", but animated.
Excuse me, why should i watch it, if i don't like fastfood television?

You're a furfag too honey.

Hasn't Sing been in development for like 5 years? If that's the case, then Zootopia coming out is just bad luck.

Strange Magic wasn't so bad.
Some scenes were just better than others.

youtube.com/watch?v=_dp97JMRCTY

Hollywood Jews working with music industry Jews to make more money. Get the goyim young.

I feel if it didn't have lucas' name on it, its reviews would have been more fair. That being said I still enjoyed the fuck out of it.

The short gnome motherfucker was also pretty cute.

>Not wanna
>Gonna

Now that's some enthusiasm that this board needs.