These are the top two comic book films ever made that have yet to be topped

These are the top two comic book films ever made that have yet to be topped

1. Batman 1989
2. The Crow 1994

These are classic films period, it is objective. If there was a third space Superman might have to go in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g_iq5f6a4oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You'll tell me I'm meming, but The Dark Knight really should go up there.

Up where? There are only two spots

>The Crow 1994
How does it feel to be a 50-year-old emo?

Remove The Crow.

some of us are 30s you know

I find a lot of 90's goth culture pretty insufferable and I still liked The Crow. Even if you strip away a lot of that emo affectation it still works as a revenge tragedy.

It also helps that it was directed by Alex Proyas before he went insane, so it's gorgeously directed if nothing else.

No
How does it feel to be a faggot?

'American Splendor', 'Ghost World', 'Road to Perdition' and 'A History of Violence' are four films based of comic books better than both of those.

'American Splendor', 'Ghost World', 'Road to Perdition' and 'A History of Violence' are four films based of comic books better than both of those.

Only American Splendor. The rest are pretty meh at best.

The only good superhero movies are the first three Superman movies and Raimi's Spiderman flicks. Every fucking Batman movie has missed the point and Tim Burton sucks dick.

>Raimi's Spiderman flicks.
maybe if you're 12.

Are you? Raimi's Spiderman movies were what got people interested in superhero movies again and to this day are the only other cape flicks to recapture the brightness and optimism of the Reeves Superman films.

You're an idiot.

You are all wrong.

No I'm not. Tim Burton really does suck dick, user.

You are objectively wrong:

1. American Splendor
2. Ghost World

Why are you posting a picture of a geek when the person you were trying to mock talked about non geek culture oriented comics? Doesn't make any sense.

> Every fucking Batman movie has missed the point

It's an Elseworlds, the point is whatever the writer wants it to be.

There's no "point" to a 75 year old character who's been everything from an edgelord masturbatory power fantasy to a goofball dancing around in spandex tights to a gritty detective to a metatextual mouthpiece.

You can't capture the singularity of a character like that in a movie, and there's no point in trying. It's just another interpretation.

You got be careful with different interpretations, the Fantastic Four reboot is a cautionary tale when it comes to deviating from the source material (although I do get it had a shit ton more problems then just that).

>The Crow

You're absolutely right, user.

I have not seen another comic book film with this degree of atmosphere or visual storytelling. Truly enrapturing, which is something I don't think any modern comic book film has really managed.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_iq5f6a4oc

>(although I do get it had a shit ton more problems then just that).

But that's the thing, that's the most important part. Utterly divorced from the comic it's still a terrible movie about nothing.

That's what matters.

A film can still be good while deviating from the source material, though. The Crow is actually a pretty good example.

The problem with Fantastic Four is that it started off with a director trying to take the property experimental and then the studio reigning it back in super-formula so it came out as a freakshow of a film with no real direction.

>I have not seen another comic book film with this degree of atmosphere or visual storytelling

What about Sin City? Regarding the visual storytelling and atmosphere compared to the source material I mean.