/orv/ - The Orville

>"Take a look around you friend, you're in a Sup Forums general."

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/09/orville-star-trek-discovery-ratings-watch-week-ending-september-24-1201882187/
tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-orville-season-one-ratings/
warosu.org/jp/?search_op=all&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_del=dontcare&offset=192&ghost=yes&search_res=post&task=search2&search_capcode=all&search_username=Anonymous of Croatia
fox.com/the-orville/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can anyone tell me why EP4 is so good?

It feels like Star Trek TNG is back on TV ;_;

His ex must die.

When the doc quoted Emerson, I got chills just a bit. Even if it's just my TNG nostalgia talking, this is the comfiest show I've seen in years.

Reminder that no man has ever cheated on a woman or been in the wrong in a relationship.

Men don't spend all day making up justifications for when they do stupid shit. They know they did a bad thing, they don't need to go on some spiel on how their girl was neglecting them.

>EP4 is so good?

uhhh... it had about 15 minutes of "I CANT BELIEVE SETH IS WORKING WITH HIS HOT EX WIFE" dialogue that needed to be cut, and it wasn't funny at all but yeah other than that it was pretty good I guess.

Seth needs to go on a diet

I'm not from America how do I get counted as a viewer for this. Where does it stream or whatever. I want a second season of this.

Anyone know how's the shows doing? If there's plans for a second season? It's likely getting trashed because
>muh stahr trec
Shame, it's starting to grow in me.

I know you're just relating to some woman who cheated on you, but how are either of those two mutually exclusive?

I liked EP3 so far the most. The ending especially had a very bitter-sweet TNG vibe to it.

My brain filters the seth part of the show.

What I saw was a Star Trek crew discovering theocratic society that lived on a colony ship.

I love how agile and sexy the Orville is in combat, best part of the episode

3 and 4 were TNG episodes basically.

I hope they continue this.

Apparently the ratings have somewhat stabilized after suddenly being moved to Thursday. I don't have a TV so I just watch the episodes on the Fox site, that's gotta count for something right?

They really did out do themselves with the design. STD is way overdesigned and has probably the worst warp sequence we've seen.

Orville meanwhile reminds me of the Voyager warp where the nacelle are raised and then glow to power up before warp.

This is like a really cool countdown/powerup to warp, the war in the OP reminds me of the TOS movies and while in inshow one is more like TNG.

Not sure, user. The answer depends by country. Try Fox's website first since they might have it free to stream, then Amazon or iTunes to buy per episode (like I've been doing. just voting with my dollars). Beyond that, feel free to pirate; I think they track those numbers too, even if just in aggregate.

Not even memeing, why is this show better than the real star trek show thats currently on?

Croatia.

>Beyond that, feel free to pirate; I think they track those numbers too, even if just in aggregate.
GoT tracks them and brags about them. It would seem normal for shows to take them into consideration at this point.

Because Seth is a hardcore trekkie nerd and hired people who worked on the old Star Trek shows.

Easy, one was made out of love and respect, and the vision of one man, and one was made as a cynical cash grab, designed by committee.

I find his ex funny.

The Orville is a cool looking ship.

It's not better, it's just different. You like it more because it's more similar to the older series, people like Discovery more because it's the type of sci fi the modern audience enjoys.

I like em both. I'm a fence-siter like that

It was made by someone who watched and enjoyed star trek?

STD is just space pozzed with a known ip slapped onto it.

Dibs.

Because women do this
>waah, you made me fuck other people in the bed you bought in the house you bought!
>you were neglecting me by working and providing for us all day long
>it's actually your fault this happened

while men would say
>i fucked up and know it was my fault.

One is so incredibly dishonest while being a shitty person, the other one is just a shitty person. Doing something bad and then blaming the person you did it against is sociopath behaviour.

It's a lighthearted parody of classic Star trek with some drama put in. It's unironically comfy.

God she looks hot there, and on the show.

What do you mean by stabilized? Was it doing better before the switch?

To be fair, I'd be much more inclines to give STD a chance if I didn't have to pay money to find out if I liked the pilot.

I don't know other people's thoughts on the matter, but I didn't sign up for the "One week free! Find out how it ends!" deal for All Access, just because I didn't want to reward that kind of behavior.

Netflix

She is hot tho

Of course
Sunday night tv, airing after football getting the football lead in...

There is only one sci-fi show paying Norm MacDonald's rent, and it's The Orville.

I like the banter between her and Ed Mercer.

It's not on Netflix is it? It's on that CBS on Demand crap that you have to pay for.

CBS All Access for Americans
Netflix internationally

I think I just found my new Wallpaper

And Canada, they got cucked too

Makes me sad that this show probably won't even get a second season because of critics

Yeah, everywhere *except* in the US. In the land of the free, you gotta pay.

Why is the shuttle bay inside the hoops? They have to fly through every time.

Actually: indiewire.com/2017/09/orville-star-trek-discovery-ratings-watch-week-ending-september-24-1201882187/

"In its first regular time slot outing, on Sept. 21, the results were promising: The show averaged 6.3 million viewers in live+3, and a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49, making it Fox’s highest-rated Thursday 9 p.m. telecast in more than two years."

So, assuming Fox doesn't Firefly it to death, Orville will (hopefully!) get a second season.

What I don't get is why would women willingly marry a man who has a demanding career path, then bitch when he has to spend a lot of time working? He's not neglecting you, he's trying to move up the latter. Don't like it? Find a mate who can devote lots of free time to you.

She's also a Starship command officer.

She managed to balance career and relationship, he didn't.

Dat Ship Design indeed.

I laughed when he just kept btfo her every single chance he got in the first episode.
>Does it do both directions? Like, could I use it to go backward in time and tell my younger self not to make a terrible life decision?

arrrrrgh flash frames

>/orv/

You mean /TOV/

So the cheating is justified?

Not as rosey as it sounds.

tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-orville-season-one-ratings/

I really hope it gets one more.

The second episode that aired showed that they were just incompatible, and she fell out of love with him. His "neglect" was just an excuse for her to check out of the relationship and cheat. Classic woman behavior.

Not this again.

No it's not. She says that every episode. She has never once tried to justify cheating as right.

What's wrong with 'Ville?

Or Vile.

Nah, that's dumb.

I cut it literally 2 frames before I should have FUG

Why didn't he end it then, does he have no agency in the relationship?

Then she didn't manage to balance her career and relationship.

fuck you user

So what are you getting at? That is was somehow his fault for her cheating?

The
Or
Makes more sense than ORV. I bet you're one of those retards who call Star Trek Discovery DIS

Well, I've learned not to get invested in shows anymore. Hopefully if it's on the fence, MacFarlane will have enough pull with Fox to keep it in "renewed" territory, but if not, so be it.

I'd like to find a good article summarizing just how panicked TV execs are right now, with figuring out true ratings numbers and what to renew. There's live-watch, then streaming, then pirating, but I know a lot of people now will wait until a season is *over*, and binge-watch it then, and if that's the case, how does anybody figure out what's worth renewing?

The Orville ???
What's the v stand for?

>Man Up, and get over it you big baby. This is normal now, and it's probably your fault anyways for working all the time.You're just not man enough to take back a woman whos cheated on you. You're pathetic.

it was beautiful brehs
we're finally back
>redditspacing

Enjoy it now. There won't be a second season...

you can't really paint an accurate picture without including dvr/streaming

I've been on here since 2006 or 2005 I've written like this my entire life.

I like my text to be easy to reads and spaced into what I consider coherent parts that differ enough. I post regularly on Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums /vg/ and /jp/.

Yet you people on Sup Forums are the only ones that accuse me of redditspacing...

Shit I even got the autism to prove it.

warosu.org/jp/?search_op=all&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_del=dontcare&offset=192&ghost=yes&search_res=post&task=search2&search_capcode=all&search_username=Anonymous of Croatia

troll'd

Not that guy, but I've been spacing like that on Sup Forums since 2007. Makes things look not so much like a cluster fuck or a wall of text. I wouldn't know if it's also a pleddit thing since I don't visit that site. That said you sure do seem to know a lot about that site. Really makes you think.

Indeed.

bullshit there's no way in hell you don't get called out on Sup Forums

DELETE THIS!!

I don't. I've only been called

>redditspacing

on Sup Forums here last few weeks since I started posting here about Star Trek and Orville.

Here lies my hopes and dreams for Season 2

Be a little optimistic, lads. It's gotten some good views and viewers love it(ignoring hack critics). Hope for the best.

I hope you're right, user. I really would enjoy seeing more of this show. I haven't really followed a network show for about 10 years now. Than this show came along, and I finally have something to watch again.

OTP

Yea, I'm hoping it doesn't get FIREFLY'd

What saddens me is Seth probably really wanted to make a straight forward space adventure with the spirit of the original Star Trek and the studio was probably, "uhhhh seff? Where's da funny?" Probably why half the Jokes feel tact on. But when the humor works, it works.

this is a good enough question to warrant another thread
Sup Forums and Sup Forums have been gaming shit for years
when the fuck does Sup Forums start gaming tv ratings?

>play a scrappy little wholesome girl
>be a complete slut whore taking ten dicks every night IRL

Episodes are streaming for free here but I'm not sure if they're available outside the US. Have a look and see.

> fox.com/the-orville/

>wholesome
never written into her character

and stop forcing (((jokes)))

orville would be Andromeda with a better script if they stop forcing shit jokes.

The only way to game tv ratings properly is with Nielsen boxes, which don't really grow on trees

Why was Satan in Star Trek?

I got slight Star Gate SG-1 vibes.

Where else would you put the shuttle bay so it's protected from incoming fire? Also it's in the back because that's where it always is on Trek ships.

I really liked that idea from the last thread of having Michael Dorn as the captain of the union flagship also Patrick Stewart as a Q-type

I also want to know this. I recently started watching some streams and it's a genuinely good show. I want to contribute to it success, at least for a few more seasons.

I'll bet there are ways

the only cameo that matters

Geographic Restriction
This content is not available in your location.

I have a VPN but that probably won't get counted.

It really felt like they could have made this a 2 parter episode. Especially when the big bad was revealed only near the end.

Either way, eat it Religious right.

>Patrick Stewart as a Q-type
Make him a funster since it really plays off his personality. Although that might be hard to work into the plot without the solution being desu ex machnia.

>Either way, eat it Religious right.
What does this have to do?