Did people actually think this character was funny? The movie itself was good...

Did people actually think this character was funny? The movie itself was good, but I fucking cringed every time this try-hard opened his mouth. Everyone in the theater seemed to love it every time the kid mentioned his cock, so maybe it was just me and my girl (who also found him fucking insufferable) but honestly, i don't understand how anyone found him funny. Why do filmmakers think making a kid constantly swear and talk about his cock is that funny or relatable? Some kids are totally like that, sure, but this just felt so fucking forced.

You actually wasted your life typing that.....

>looks like this is the most popular character
>time for me to hate him

some of it was funny some of it seemed forced

Bad casting

>Did people actually think differently than me?

Grow up.

the beaver town joke was funny

He didn't make me laugh but I liked his character. I heard a lot of people laugh out loud at almost all of his jokes in the theatre though. I thought the point of his character was that he was annoying because he was trying hard to always be funny.

>it's a completely non subtle pederast thread episode

character was believable and funny, movie was not the greatest, you are backwards

>the movie itself was good

He was ok. Everyone knew this type of annoying faggot growing up.

Definitely agree with this. A few of his jokes were alright, but there were so many that were so similar that it watered down the good ones, imo

I hope Fagg Blowhard, weak-chinned, girly-boy FUCKHEAD that he is, meets an untimely and gruesome end in a work-related accident. No, I'm not jealous. I'm 40 years old and I was even BETTER-LOOKING than that wispy fucking fairy fuckerturd, at that age. Did you see me prancing around like a fucking ballerina and pouting like a poncy, pantomime, pillow-biting retard at that age?

NO.

And I'll tell you why.

Because I'm a MAN. I have almost always been a MAN. I've almost always known it was my role, no, my DESTINY, to be tough and resilient, to fight, to love and to fuck women and to pass my superior god damn genes along to the next generation that so desperately needed them.

And I DID.

FUCK this generation of piss-weak fairies with their slack jaws, their lack of chins, their hands that have never seen an honest fucking day's worth of work and probably never will, and their googly, Japanese-animation-like expressions that are supposed to somehow resemble "emotion".

FUCK the so-called "civilization" that promotes this dishonest, pedo-pandering shit.

Everyone in this thread

how is he wearing an all saints shirt in the 80's? fuck this movie.

only reason he's even remotely the most popular is because Stranger Things. The fat boy and the autist gazebo kid were better characters

He's a really bad actor. Can't deliver to save his life.

Highlights:
>how do you think she feels walking around with no shoe on?
>beaver town
>do you want a kiss from me too?

Besides that he was really bad and most people just laughed because he said 'fuck' or 'dick' or some other bad word. Almost ruined the movie for me.

I hope you die in a fire

yall niggers need jesus

I love how at the beginning of the movie they mention how they heard jewish kids get half of their dicks chopped off at their bar mitzvah
little do they know, they all already went through that when they were born

yes

no

he is seen as a try-hard by his friends too. shit thread.

It was overdone but I still enjoyed him fishing for high-fives

the bully is the most popular character tho. he's hot

He has a weird nose

Hi again, Nic.

He's the best character in the movie

Garbage film, garbage character.

>OP and anons getting triggered because this is the kind of guy who always made fun of them/stole the girls they liked

The line about not measuring dicks after they drew the short straw was pretty funny.

Reminder that Richie in the book is a tryhard as a kid and becomes a respected disc jockey and one-man entertainer as an adult.

Some of Movie Richie's lines were funny, some fell flat. It's meant to be that way.

Finn out acted every actor in the movie save for Pennywise
And improvised half of the lines for the character
He literally made the character great

Fuck off retarded nigger. He's the least "forced" character in the whole movie

I'm with you OP.
I didn't care for finn either.
The movie probably would have benefited from another no-name instead of finn but he drew in a lot of the stranger things fans and i'm sure he alone sold a bunch of tickets.

This. Richie's an annoying hit-miss character in the book, too, mainly because he *is* the tryhard of the group. Eddie's the funny one just by being Eddie.

lol you can tell he improvised them based on how shit a lot of them were

this 100%
I went in wanting to like Finn's character but I grew tired of his shtick pretty quickly. He's also the least developed character of the bunch which doesn't help.

They should've cut a quarter of his lines

Richie got a lot of his scenes cut out due to budget reason but Finn managed to salvaged the character because he's a god tier actor

He is popular because he's basically the best actor in the Losers' Club. The character they written for him wasn't that great but he played it extremely well.
That's why people like him

People saying he was the best character are dumb as fuck. Billy and the asthma kid were better.

It's funny because everyone knew a kid like this growing up. If you did that means you were so autistic that you didn't have any friends even as a child. Sad, I feel sorry for you user.

The only people I'd imagine that would dislike this character are SJW cunts.
The fact that they even keep most of his lines is a miracle of modern cinema

Billy's actor is almost the worst one lol, he looks the weakest of the group, sounds bored all the time
Finn should have played Bill and Eddie should play Richie

You'd save yourself a lot of stress and this thread a lot of space if you just jerked off over this kid like you clearly want to.

Who would you cast as adult Richie?

9/10 casting choice right there, Bill Hader can do a lot of voices

>asthma kid

I agree. That gazebo line killed in the theatres.

>beavers trapping
>can only virgins see this
>not 10/10 GOAT lines
You must be a fun person

Which one of you is this?

>me and my girl

That trap isn't a woman fag

beavers trapping was funny, only virgins was fucking weak

>t. triggered virgin

He's one of the examples where the actor outshone the character

it's just a prank bro

I never even watched Stranger Things but I thought Richie was hilarious.

>Not realizing Finn Wolfhard is the patrician's boyfu
>Not realizing that having a boyfu is the mark of the modern warrior poet
SAD!

Dubs don't lie.

Do you think Finn Wolfhard's recent explosive stardom is the result of meme magick? Sup Forums is absurdly devoted to this kid, and this kid is quickly becoming the King Midas of young celebrities. Everything he's in becomes an event.

Was there a reason why he didnt like clowns or is it just that he didnt like clowns.

Wow almost like every teenage boy ever

I would crush his boipusy with my 9.3 inch cock.

Absolute meme magick. He's not a terrible actor but he's far from amazing like everyone seems to think.

If that's true, hopefully Sophia has some future as well.

can someone replace barron with finn? would really appreciate it

I actually came to talk about the movie... silly me

Because Derry is actually hell

I'm pretty sure someone already did. Didn't save it though.

>Sup Forumss attention and devotion acts as a sacrifice which increases Froggo's power
>Froggo is an IRL American (Canadian) God
What would Finn be the Nu-God of?

>Within the established canon, Finn would fall under Media's domain
>Froggo is really just a haggard old Gillian Anderson
WHERE'S YOU GOD NOW, PEDOS?

He would be the personification of modern society's increasing infantilization and idealization of youth and obsession with childhood.

Does his brother have Downs?

Any ugly nu-male will do

No, just chronic weebism. And downs.

I kinda thought the same thing. He came off too self-aware that he's in the film.

nuggies

hugs and cuddles and squishy frog cheeks

Finn is the core of the meme magic power. Sup Forums‘s devoted contribution to the art only makes it stronger and it turns Finn draws the power back to himself

Makes a lot of sense. Still better than the guy from Nightcourt.

I remember when Finn was still the underdog of the ST group.
He was filming IT so he was pretty absent in all the media promotion.
Milli would be talking shit about him when he wasn’t there and the news article wouldn’t even include him as one of the Stranger Things kids
How things have turned, I was right to root for him

What about playing with his hair?

>Milli would be talking shit about him when he wasn’t there
sauce?

She was always talking about how kissing him was the worst thing ever and they were making fun of him not strong enough to lift her for the last epsidoe (when he was just 12)

Can you imagine peaking at twelve? That's gotta fuckin' suck.

Well he's almost 15 now and the train doesn't seem to be slowing down

The movie is self-aware itself
That scene with "very scary" "Scary" "Not scary"

cool

>And improvised half of the lines for the character
It clearly shows with those stupid jokes, he sounded like a nigger everytime he made a "muh dick" joke (which he does almost in every scene)

Yeah like the 3 whole times you whiny fuck

>3 whole times
You mean in every scene, right?

That means he actually understand that character and played it well

t. fag who didn´t read the book

List more than 3 instances when he made a dick joke

This is what teenagers are like. It is a coming of age story as much as it is a horror story.
What, did you want some dank pop culture memes about Pennywise becoming a real-estate mogul and eventually winning the presidency?

I'd argue that three is still too fucking many

No, but neither was Seth Green in the tv version, I guess the 'humor' doesn't transfer from the written page.