Newfag here getting into DC comics. What's worth reading from DC Rebirth?

Newfag here getting into DC comics. What's worth reading from DC Rebirth?

So far the only things I've read are the DC Rebirth number 1 and all of the new Teen Titans.

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Two-Face_Recommended_Reading
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overall i think most of the rebirth titles are worth reading. I don't know about Flash though, so i don't know about that.

Green Lantern books were basically not touched by rebirth.

Most enjoyable for me were Son of Superman and Superman. Consistently good imho and worth your time.

Don't bother with Blue Beetle, anything Batman other than Red Hood, Justice League, or Flash. Otherwise, go nuts.
Deathstroke, Green Arrow and Aquaman are particularly good.

Everything other than Justice League is at the very least decent. If you're a newfag, feel free to pick just about any title you're interested in.

Okay, seriously. This is fucking ridiculous.

Rec-fagging needs to be a bannable offense. I mean that sincerely. Are you all seriously okay with the board being full of casuals? Do you actually lime answering dumb questions that could be answered by a simple Google search? Because if so, one has to question what the hell you're actually doing here. This is a board for discussing comics and cartoons, not wasting time dealing with people who have little to no knowledge of the subject matter.

I implore to disallow this blight on the community. Reject those who display ignorance of Sup Forums material, and this board may very well be as good as it used to be.

Thanks I'll check them out.

One more thing. What's the difference between Batman, All Star Batman, and Detective Comics Batman?

If all comic fans were like you then how would DC and Marvel get new customers?

Batman is Batman, Gotham Girl and Duke.
All Star Batman is Batman and Two-Face.
Detective Comics is Batman, Batwoman, two girls who used to be Batgirls in previous continuity and Clayface.

I ll make it easier.

Batman sells. Spiderman sells. Thats why they make several books with mostly not interacting arcs. You can read them, if you like it But don't need to at all.

Tec is more about the Batfam, All Star Batman is Snyder's pet project, Batman is just Batman

I prefer a newfag asking for advice on what to read than Sup Forums taking over the damn board and talking about their damn "kino" all the fucking time.

I'm really liking
>Green Arrow
>Superman
>New Superman
>Aquaman

So I'd recommend those. Especially Green Arrow and New Supes.

What's the difference between Superman and New Superman? I'm assuming New Superman has to do with his son?

Is All-Star worth the read?

Superman is about Clark and his kid

New Super-man is about a Chinese teenager that gets super powers and is recruited into the Justice League of China

New Superman is about China making their knockoff Superman and Justice Leaugue to prove they're just as good as America. It's pretty good.

New Super-Man is Chinese teenage knockoff Superman. It's a lot more novel and "fresh" than a lot of Rebirth.
All-Star is pretty shit, but if you liked Snyder's Batman you might enjoy it.

I don't give a flying fuck if they get new customers. The simple fact is that you rec-fags have ruined this community by bringing all your bullshit into it.

>implying it has to be one or the other
Or here's an idea, retard. Tell them both to fuck off, and maybe some actual good discussion will be possible again.

The current Superman series where Superman is a superdad is awesome.

Superman is cool.

>All-Star is pretty shit, but if you liked Snyder's Batman you might enjoy it.
Every time. Fucking rapist of Batbooks.

Go home Sup Forums

Superman is comfy and definitely more enjoyable than Batman. Though, it's still kind of mediocre.

Currently, Red Hood is the book I'm enjoying the most. Trinity is slow book, but it's a good character study on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman and the art makes the book worth the read. New Super-Man is a good new series and I'm liking Kenan, but it's losing its steam.

This is terrible advice

New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Superman
Wonder Woman
Nightwing
Batman is good if you're okay with Batman stories deviating from convention
Some people like Hal Jordan and the GLC
Green Arrow and Detective Comics are meh, but some like them

Too much Superman shilling in here. Such a shit character.

>Currently, Red Hood is the book I'm enjoying the most
Suprisingly this. I started to lose interest in most of DC books, but rhato is getting interesting every month.

>I don't know about Flash though, so i don't know about that
Have truer words ever been spoken?

Why in God's name would you recommend a Priest book to someone who's never read comics?

It's great, I don't question that. However, his storytelling structure can be very alienating to new readers. I know it all too well after I gave my gf his Black Panther run, since it was his favourite hero, only to be told that she didn't understand the flow of the story.

Most of them are shit,so don't bother. Read the old ones instead.

So, how is the whole watchmen event going?

Imagine how shilled he would be if he got red underwear.

Does anyone seriously give a damn about Duke? I mean I know Batman (that comic) sells bigtime but you never hear about the guy.

Rule #1: Always stick with Batman because every other DC comic usually sucks,
Rule #2: Read rule #1.

This is basically the case. The only Rebirth title that is generally agreed upon as crap is Justice League. Everything else at the worst is average. There's lots of disagreement on which books are good. Which I think is great because it means people are finding sometging for everyone when it comes to personal taste. If you're new, feel free to try anything that looks interesting to you and your personal tastes.

I'm currently pulling Batman, Detective Comics (soon to be dropped during the next Kate arc, but picked back up for the Cass arc rumored to follow), and Flash.

I'm following Trinity, Titans, New Super-Man, and Superman.

Nothing else has really wowed me enough to keep me following them.

No.

Flash is ironically slow atm. That and too many evil speedsters. It's a bit overrated and I love the Flash. Hopefully it'll get better when they bring in the Rogues next month.
All the Batman titles are mediocre at best but Detective is probably the best of the three.
Supes is hit or miss. Don't even look at Action Comics--it's a disaster.
Aquaman is surprisingly good if you're into political clusterfucks and Black Manta.
Teen Titans got hyped and shilled into being dead on arrival.
Titans is the only series following the Rebirth story atm. Otherwise it may as well be renamed "Wally, Dick, and the Literally Whos".
Nightwing is alright.
Green Lanterns is okay, Hal & Pals is a bit better.
New Superman, Deathstroke, Red Hood, and Wondy are decent to good.
Blue Beetle, Cyborg, and Justice League are a joke.

Yeah that's about what I thought

Best thread to ask:

Anyone has any Carter Hall or Alan Scott recommendations?
Furthermore beyond Long Halloween abd such any good Two-Face stories?

For Hawkman I'd say the Hawkworld (mini and then the book proper) and John's JSA. For Alan Scott John's JSA. Sorry, m8, those are some niche characters. That's all I got.

>people discussing their favorite runs
>complains that casuals are stifling comic discussion

I guess I should ask before I leave; is the new Harley Quinn comics any good?

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Two-Face_Recommended_Reading

I'm gonna honest i don't know shit about rebirth OP. but i can recommend some good dc comics.

Batman:
>Mad Love
>Killing joke
>Death in the Family
>Year one
>TDKR

Superman:
>All star
>Red Son
>Kingdom Come

Other comics:
>Crisis on infinite earths
>JLA Tower of Babel

For Carter and Alan Johns JSA is good

I thought I had some more Alan recs saved but I can't find them

But Batman is shit right now, so I don't know what you're trying to say.

Found these via Google

No, don't bother.

He got a way cooler suit in Detective Comics, too bad it's pretty much Ironman armor with bat ears.

If you liked the previous series, it's the same thing. Starting with the punk rock issue, Harley's solo has actually been pretty entertaining.

The only thing with Harley Quinn in it that I really enjoyed was Harley Quinn's Little Black Book, a random team up series with Harley and various heroes (Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Zatanna so far). It not very good, but I'm a sucker for team up books

I disagree, I'm not really a fan of Batman, but his latest comics have been the most I've enjoyed him in the main title since the start of New 52. Also, ya know, Batman had the 1# and #2 spots for best sellers last month, All Star got beat by Civil War 2. Has All Star Batman ever been in the #1 spot since Rebirth began?

>there will never be a good blue beetle series

I'm still waitting on that Shazam ongoing we were promised a half a decade ago.