MCU Spidey

Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that Tom Holland isn't a good Spider-Man? He sounds like Anakin from ep 1 and he just isn't as good as Andrew Garfield.

Honestly, I would have preferred they had used Miles for Civil War. Cast Danny Glover or Jayden Smith as him.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_Spider-Man
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Donald Glover
Can this meme die? The guy's closer to 40 than he is 20.

Man that looks so fucking good.

I dont care what Sup Forums says, I hope they get around to putting Miles in the MCU.

No. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Miles is, at best, a flavorless diversity quota, and this is coming from a liberal. Fuck off.

>Cast Danny Glover or Jayden Smith as him.

This is seriously whats wrong with Sup Forums's casting, if its your favorite character, you people will immediately cast actors with the most resemblance to the character, Donald Glover is 33 and Jaden Smith is a disaster, your choices are shit

I cant give a good opinion for Tom Holland's Spidey as I havent seen the film yet, but from what little weve seen of him from Civil War, I'm pretty fucking hype for his solo

Sup Forums pls leave

>Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that Tom Holland isn't a good Spider-Man?

No. In the 5 minutes of screen time he had, he played the most entertaining iteration of the character in a live action film. The kid nailed it.

>Not as good as Andrew Gar-

And that's where I stop caring.

He was terrible.
Andrew Garfield was better. He looked and sounded like Peter. No one can outshine him. Marvel Studios should have went with Miles or Spider-Gwen.
/thread

Kill yourself Sup Forums.

Go away, Tom

y-you mmmm-mean, p-peter. ssss-should, t-talk, l-like ttttt-this?-?

>there are people that actually believe this
>this person /threaded his post
It does me good knowing that I'll never be as retarded as you.

>He was terrible.
He was fun.

>Andrew Garfield was better
That remains to be seen. The fact that he was in the worst Spider-man movies to date doesn't help either.

> He looked and sounded like Peter.
Looked? No. Peter is not a hipster with a tiny head.

>No one can outshine him.
Everyone who's ever played the character, live action or otherwise, has.

>Marvel Studios should have went with Miles or Spider-Gwen.
/thread
And lose billions because casuals have no idea who these characters are and do not identify them as Spider-Man? That's beyond stupid.

Shouldn't you be elsewhere harassing women, GamerGate hmmm?
>And lose billions
>implying
Literally everyone knows who Spider-Gwen and Miles are, Sup Forums.
*slaps face*
Next time, think before you type.

>Literally everyone knows who Spider-Gwen and Miles are

Nope. Most people who don't read comics have never heard of Miles or Gwen.

>Now that the dust has settled
Fuck you
>can we admit
You're making your case worse
>that Tom Holland isn't a good Spider-Man?
Okay this is just bait, I mean why have a child play a child, amirite? Andrew was good for what he did but the best part about those movies hands down was the costume in the second and nothing else measures up.

Go fuck yourself. I want miles as much the next guy but this is a bait topic, and I guess I took the bait

Can someone do an edit with Miguels colors?

But the user who brought up Glover's age has a valid point.

It's not bait if it's True

Garfield sounded like Anakin from ep 2 & 3 tho, and if anything his acting was worse

Jayden Smith can't even say his own name convincingly so fuck knows what you've been vaping today

>*slaps face*
Get this bait out of here folks

None of what you said was true
The dust hasn't settled
Andrew wasn't a great Spiderman
There shouldn't be a miles movie yet, though I would like one
Jayden Smith should not play miles
What the fuck is a spider Gwen.

No.

>Now that the dust has settled
It has not.

>can we admit that Tom Holland isn't a good Spider-Man?
He's really fitting and up to this point, for what we've seen so far, is doing a great Peter.
>He sounds like Anakin from ep 1
I like his voice, and he's galaxies better than any kid actor. Ok, this has to be bait.
>and he just isn't as good as Andrew Garfield.
Definitely, bait.
Even if I really didn't care about Garfield, he wasn't great. Too old and too melodramatic, even for Pete's overdrama.

>Honestly, I would have preferred they had used Miles for Civil War. Cast Danny Glover or Jayden Smith as him.
Introducing a new Spider-Man, one that is almost a C-lister, to the general crowd requires a proper story behind. With Peter, everyone and their mothers knows who he is and how he got to be Spiderman.

>Literally everyone knows who Spider-Gwen and Miles are, Sup Forums.
You must live in a very dense bubble if you think they're well known outside of the comic public. They're even not really known by people outside of Marvel readers, even. Even Gwenpool is more known at this point.

>and if anything his acting was worse

Now that's just hyperbole.

>I would have preferred they had used Miles for Civil War.

I too like plank. No, but seriously, fuck Miles.

I love this shitposter who pretends to give a damn about Miles. I want to believe its Bendis

The point about age is valid. I have no problem with Miles, but they need to cast someone younger.

The only thing you were right about is Andrew Garfield being the best live action portrayal of Spider-Man.

Nah, Holland is the best Spidey so far, and I say this is as someone who regards Spider-Man 2 as still the best cape flick of all time.

Anyone who thinks Garfield was good is a retard

>it's okay for a twenty year old with the voice a five year old to play a fifteen year old Spidey
>but an older man of color can't play Spider-Man despite being the perfect cast because....
Just admit you're racist, Sup Forums

Lets settle this right now: Tobey was the better Peter, and Garfield was the better Spider Man. Frankly I think Holland is a good mix of both and will do well

And yet millions of people consolation as Miles and Spider-Gwen.
*checkmate*

Garfield /was/ the best Spider-Man though. His portrayal was by far the most accurate.

>what?
Moviefags are just plain stupid.

>Donald is too old to play Miles
>Garfield is 33yrs old
>Was 31 when ASM2 came out
>Donald is 33yrs old
>Implying they couldn't age Miles up and put him in college

This is Donald Glover in Atlanta. The show finished its first season this year.

I would prefer Glover be cast as a grown-up Peter Parker than as Miles.

Miles is literally a child and Glover's personality suits a more confident adult Peter anyway.

>He sounds like Anakin from ep 1
Really? I thought he was Michael Cera.

Why would you even /want/ Miles?

He doesnt, OP is full of shit

Because I'm tired of seeing Peter. There's multiple different incarnations of Spider-man and they keep rehashing Peter. Fuck, why haven't they given us a Spider-Ham animated movie? I'm tired of seeing Peter.

inb4 BUT THE MAINSTREAM AUDIENCES DON'T KNOW HIM. They didn't know Black Panther, Luke Cage, Ant-Man or Doctor Strange either but that's not stopping them from getting shit about them.

But Miles is a rehash of Peter

We haven't seen Peter done properly once.

And I'd still take a Miles movie over another Peter movie because they'd take some creative liberties and make him different than Peter.

>Actually believing this
I hate to break it to you pal, but they had years to do that and hes still fucking nothing

Comics and movies are two different ball games.

So what you're saying is that you want Miles Morales in name only?

What I'm saying is that if Miles got a movie whoever writes it wouldn't be Bendis and they'd make a stronger attempt to make him not Peter.

Miles entire character, and thats using the term lightly, is being a less interesting Peter. So what you're asking is to completely remake Miles from the ground up. But then you and the other 5 Miles fans would scream not muh upon release and we'd get a movie nobody wanted. Remind me why Miles should have a movie again?

He looks like he would be a perfect Leonardo DiCaprio.

>So what you're asking is to completely remake Miles from the ground up.

Yes.

>But then you and the other 5 Miles fans would scream not muh upon release and we'd get a movie nobody wanted.

Don't speak for me.

>Remind me why Miles should have a movie again?

Because I'm tired of seeing Peter. Give me another other Spider-man. Give me someone that isn't Peter.

Except nobody cares about not-Peter Spidermen.

Then you're tired of seeing Spider Man

You aint gettin' shit.

Just admit you want a black spider-man, for no other reason other than race. Go ahead.
Wouldn't you rather a black Peter, it would make more sense than a black spider-man named Miles that has nothing to do with the comics character.

>Danny Glover
I think he's a *LIL* bit too old to play him

>upset about Holland being a shitty Peter Parker
>casting Donny Glover or Jaden Smith as fucking Miles

>Just admit you want a black spider-man, for no other reason other than race. Go ahead.

You sound upset about having to share.

>Wouldn't you rather a black Peter

No, that's fucking dumb. I hate raceswapping regardless of which direction it goes.

I'm not tired of seeing Spider-man. I want to to use a Spider-man that isn't Peter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_Spider-Man

Fuck, they could even use one of the two Japanese Spider-man characters.

But Miles is literally just a raceswap of Peter. How are you not getting this? Go ahead and define Miles character or argue that he isnt just Bendis's Poochie Mary Sue

Peter is literally the only good one though. Save for Ben and Kaine. Miles is bottom of the barrel worse.

>But Miles is literally just a raceswap of Peter.

And he doesn't have to be if they made a movie about him. How are you not getting this? Just because he's a carbon copy of Peter in the comics doesn't mean he has to be in the movies.

So then why are you against Peter? If they could just write him differently in the movie?

>I want them to make a movie about literally who instead of that character everyone thinks about when they hear Spider-man.
ok

>older man of color

Except
>No one is going to make it
>Theres not profit in it
>It wouldnt make you happy
But then again, I highly doubt you give a shit about Miles. So if it wasnt implied already, (you)

>Implying Reddit isn't just as if not more racist and right-wing than Sup Forums.

Are you also tired of seeing Steve Rodgers, Bruce Wayne, Kal El, Barry Allen, Oliver Queen and Tony Stark? I mean there's multiple different Batmen, Supermen, Flash, Green Arrows, Caps and Iron people yet we only ever see the originals. Its like those guys were made to be those heroes or something.

RESHOOTS

Jesus why did you screencap that shitty fanfic?

Yeah so we can have Bendis literally cream himself in the theater

Holland stuttered like that too in the apartment with Stark.

Seriously Holland and Garfield are playing the same character. I don't see the point in another reboot at all they should've just kept the ball rolling. The more I see the praise for Holland the more I realize everyone is just a marvel studios shill

>Literally copy and pasted Ganke into the movie.

People will defend this.

Nobody cares Bendis

Yeah but in Tom-Man's defense, he did walk in on Tony fucking Stark of all people hanging out in his house, while Andrew-Man stuttered at most anything.

Because there's no way it's worse than what the movie actually will be.

Ok, you're baiting. I've bitten it. Good played, user.

It's true tho. Why do you think they got their own ongoings?

>Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that Tom Holland isn't a good Spider-Man?

The dust hasn't settled though. His movie isn't even out you dumb nigger.

Because there're SOME readers in the COMIC community. Not because they're known for the average joe.

>despite being the perfect cast
Umm he wasn't even that good as a voice in that one episode of the Spider-Man tv show. There are literally thousands if not millions of people they could audition to be Miles. Doesn't need to be Donald just because of that 1 meme 5 years ago

>le/pol/boogeyman

>some
Try thousands. She could even become the next Harley Quinn.

Are we talking about Gwenpool or about Spider-Gwen, user?

>kill yourself Sup Forums
>Sup Forums please leave

Why the fuck do you faggots un ironically like Miles? He's a shit tier appropriation of Peter, his character is one note, and he's boring as shit. I'd rather have Mayday over him anyday.

Fucking Bendis shills.

>>>

Not an argument, Why don't you stop using ad hominems and actually try to defend this shitty character?

He's the spitting image of a guy I knew in college, minus centimeter thick glasses.

>and this is coming from a liberal

Lol dumb polturds

I think one if the cool things about miles is that he's young, speaking of Atlanta however, a spiderman in the south would be really cool actually, miles doesn't have that many notable antagonists so putting him in a setting with a lot of character may give birth to new and interesting villians

>Why don't you stop using ad hominems and actually try to defend this shitty character?
Because he's either stupid, a troll or doesn't have a valid response. Take your win and stop responding to a lost cause.