What do you like to think their backstory was?

I've always wondered what their lives were like leading up to this

I think they were Sup Forums shitposters frustrated with the cinematic status quo. Just imagine the carnage they'd cause if they were alive today to experience the ever growing marvel and dc shit piles.

I like this.

Honestly I'd watch a spinoff movie of just these two they're fucking great together

Both very underrated actors

>US version

DROPPED

Left was bottoming for the right

It was a shot for shot remake you goon

Fuck the other cast in the remake but these guys killed it

They're straight right? I know it's never really established but I feel like they totally are

I've begun to think that they're angels (or demons, depending on how you look at it). They aren't humans in any case but something supernatural.

What makes you think that?

Intriguing theory

It's not important.

They're tools of the author, they're supernatural in that sense. However, they're more interesting when viewed as human, I think. A human who does unspeakable things is scarier than a supernatural fantasy creature.

remote scene and they talk to you

>It was a shot for shot remake you goon

Haven't watched either but if it's a shot for shot remake why are the ratings so different? just curious

Probably because the remake was targeted at American movie goers who thought it was a rape/revenge movie and didn't like feeling tricked by the actual movie they got

The remake is superior in my opinion. I mean, it's even by the same director, no way he'd fuck up a shot-for-shot remake of his own film.

Agreed there's something that's just more rewatchable about it, and like I said in another post Michael Pitt and Brady Corbet fucking kill it. 100% captivating the entire time they're on screen

The blonde one was a psycho, from the day he was born, the real 0,01%, from a rich family, top income, great education etc. The other was a victim of his shitty nurture, low income family, substance abusing father, whore of a mother, no love etc He is more of a follower. And their paths just simply crossed at some point.

But their backstory is unimportant. They just serve as a devices to show that people love to watch violence, so their hypotetical backstory is irrelevant.

Oh I know it's not relevant I just think they're fascinating characters probably because we're not supposed to know the backstory but I like to think about what the origin story would be

Also yeah I can't see both being poor because Pitt is extremely articulate probably well educated and he was very comfortable with a golf club. Tubby I go back and forth on though because you're right he is a follower but past that it's hard to say

They don't have a backstory. They exist only during the film. Paul knows this. They began existence when the film started, and their universe ends when the film ends. They exist only to entertain you while you watch the film, and they entertain you by creating a horror movie for you which subverts many of your expectations. The only reason they keep going is because Paul knows you're still watching. You can save the family at any time by just turning the movie off.

Certain things didn't translate well in the remake. For example, in the original, the pair make a comment about using the polite register. It doesn't make sense in English since we only have one, so they make it an odd comment about saying please. There is also the issue of Georg not knowing the number to call the police, which doesn't make sense in the remake. Also for some reason, the remake is much longer than the original; so much so, that a comment Paul makes about not being able to end the gamed because the film hasn't reached feature length yet isn't even included in the remake.

FUCKING HATED THAT MOVIE. THEY WERE SO FUCKING STUPID I JUST WANTED TO PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE. NOT SCARY OR INTIMIDATING AT ALL

I like to wonder, that maybe he was a normal guy with atctuall moral backbone, who over time became a beast.

That would make a good movie

By idolising Pitt

Well in all fairness it's desired effect was to piss you off, not scare you. It's basically a fuck you to people you dig rape/revenge genre by depriving you of all on screen violence and the satisfactory ending you'd seek by watching a movie like that