X-Men (mostly) Complete Messiah Epic Storytime, pt. 23

Once upon a time, Cable used his Telekinesis to hold open an intertemporal portal to let some friends return safely to their past. As a consequence, the Techno-Organic virus that had been sustaining him overwhelmed his body and killed him.

Continuing from

And just like that, Marvel off-handedly made Radioactive Man a generic villain again after years being an interesting and complex anti-hero. Fucking Loeb and Brevoort.

Falcon wasn't an Avenger when this comic was made fyi.

Fun fact: Whirlwind is a mutant, but he doesn't give a shit about the extinction or Utopia stuff and for some reason Sentinels and anti-mutant groups never go after him.

Wasn't he? I coulda sworn he was on one of the Avengers rosters during Fear Itself.

Nope, it was the Bendis era, and Bendis doesn't care about Falcon. Surprised he even bothered having him be in House of M really.

Uh...wrong page user.

So it, is, unfortunately the rip I have doesn't have that page and instead has this random UXF page.

Sorry.

Again with Uncanny X-Force pages? What's going on here?

Notice how Blaquesmith neglects to mention what exactly happened to the world and how exactly Hope of all people would have fixed it. This story ended up going nowhere, this has nothing to do with what AvX ended up being about.

Cable you fucking idiot, how are they supposed to know why they're going to go after Hope if the reason they go after her hasn't manifested yet?

When did Cable fight Talbot? Why does he think that Rulk is Talbot?

Context is for the weak

I always saw it as him referencing a possible future Red Hulk.

So why did these Future Avengers have all this crap? This isn't how AvX went down at all.

What I love about the constant Marvel crossovers is the fact that you can always tell who the "COOL AWESOME NEW CHARACTER" being pushed is

And they usually disappear after a couple years. On a side note I've just started to realize how terribly Marvel treats its characters. We live in the era of:
-Jane Foster "Thor"
-Red Hulk
-The "All-New" X-Men
-Superior Spider-Man
-Spider-Gwen
-Gwenpool
X-23 is now Wolverine (so much for trying to get out from under Logan's shadow)
-Old Man Logan and Miles Morales running around 616 even though that goes against the whole reason they were created. Miles has it worse though because he lost all his character development

Funny how Loeb of all people is the only person that remembers Genesis.

rulk's coming back in U.S. Avengers

Jeph Loeb writing Red Hulk jobbing
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

Actually it turns out they couldn't use General Ross for some reason, so it's a New Red Hulk. It's General Maverick, that guy that sent the American Kaiju against AIM Island in New Avengers.

proof please

Loeb is a huge Cable-phile. I'm not sure of a character he loves more. Including Sam.

Meh, nothing lasts at Marvel nowadays

I give it 12 issues before it gets canc--I mean renumbered with an all-new, all-different creative team

>Remember what I said about early interviews? Well, Thunderbolt Ross isn’t the Red Hulk. Essentially, we had the idea to bring Ross into the book, and it seemed like a great one – but then we were bending over backwards and tying ourselves in knots to make it actually happen without wrecking some other stories. And at some point on a recent trip to the U.S. I was sitting down with [Editor] Tom [Brevoort], face to face, and I said something about how we could just have the Red Hulk be someone else. It turned out that that was a simple, one-step, Gordian Knot-style solution that solved every problem we had… except the problem of saying the Red Hulk was Thunderbolt Ross in previous interviews. So, mea culpa, CBR.

>There’s an all-new Red Hulk. It’s a familiar face to those who’ve been reading “New Avengers,” and it’s someone who didn’t really have any kind of relationship with Bruce Banner. He did have an adversarial relationship with Roberto da Costa, though, and just because they’re working together now, it doesn’t mean he’s forgotten his objections.

>instantly gets in pissing match with Ben Grimm over juvenile shit and pops his claws

I'm glad he's still dead

This is family business Peter gtfo

>I'm not the villain here
Then you should have come up with a plan that didn't involve acting like one. What was the plan anyway? Interrogate the Avengers until they reveal things they don't know because they can't see the future?

Sorry Sam, you're not considered "A-list" yet by editorial. Give it a couple years.