Adventure Time: Islands

The special intro's out.

youtube.com/watch?v=ytKt2LT61aA

Other urls found in this thread:

theslanted.com/2016/12/25480/adventure-time-islands-mini-series-event/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

theslanted.com/2016/12/25480/adventure-time-islands-mini-series-event/

>Adventure Time: Islands will be an eight-part journey into Finn the Human’s mysterious past beginning Monday, Jan. 30 and concluding Thursday, Feb. 2 at 7:30 p.m. (ET, PT) on Cartoon Network. The four-night special event will answer one of the series’ most-asked questions: What happened to the humans?

>But first, fans can see Islands on DVD, iTunes, Amazon Video and Google Play ahead of its linear premiere. All eight episodes plus exclusive new content including animatics, an art gallery and song demos will be available on Tuesday, Jan. 24 for the suggested retail price of $14.97. We found it on-sale (at the time of this article) on Amazon.com for pre-order for under $10.

Also, be warned that the intro kind of gives away what happens to the grass sword creature.

That was pretty cool, only part I didn't really like was Finn's singing. His voice just sounded sort of weird.
I liked how they matched it to the original opening.

Yeah what the fuck is up with that? He's just a chill Finn clone made out of grass? That's sort of lame, what's gonna end up happening with him?

Watch them come back after this miniseries and find the clone got with Bubblegum or Flame Princess, lol

As long as its not Marceline.

I don't know man, I think the show got enough Finn cucking content done at this point.

It was sort of suspect seeing grassy standing next to Marceline and Bubblegum though. He may try to move in on Finn's honeys while he's away.

Gotta say, the detail of Jake fistbumping Finn's metal arm and his eyes getting dilated in pain is pretty awesome.

>Flame Princess

That thing is pure grass. It's gonna get burned to death.

So is adventure 'Adventure' Time again guys?

guys?

Looks like it.

where do i vote so ned flanders marries princess marceline?

Looks like the Grass Sword guy turns into a good guy.

>The giant thing that came out of the water in Martins story about what happened to their boat turns out to be piloted by Doctor Gross.

Fucking knew it.

Is it a bad idea to get excited that the ending of Adventure Time will be really good. I feel like knowing they have 2 seasons to wrap it all up will mean it will have more definite direction the show has been lacking in the past.

Idk though getting my hopes up with this show has led to disappointment before.

Okay, this made me watch Preboot/Reboot finally.

Shit is actually pretty interesting.

I'm not sure if Susan was one of Gross' shits or if the point is that there's ANOTHER scientist among the humans that Gross knew that made Susan.
The latter would make more sense I guess since Gross didn't immediately recognize Susan but rather recognized the tech.

Grass sword is now gonna become full Grass Finn I guess from the opening. I wonder if that's supposed to "remove" the eldritch shit from Finn.
Like, when the grass wrapped around Finn Sword, we saw some creepy shit for a moment. Was that Finn's past life thing?

The whole Islands thing sounds interesting too. I guess they'll be off doing shit for that time, then come back to some huge crisis in Ooo, possibly even from Grass Finn.

Next season is the last one, right? Islands, some down time, then some final crisis could be a nice cap to the series.

Jesus. Would this show would get so surreal with the implied/ in between the lines cucking that he fucking cucks himself?

>Next season is the last one, right?

The 9th season will be the last.

We have 2 seasons. This one and the final one.
I hope they know how to wrap it up

Why though?

Like, after Islands, what's the point in a whole other Season?
With what little actual plot threads they have around, everything could be easily wrapped up in one season.

The intro really does make me wonder how much of the series will be on the boat and how much will be on the actual island. There was a lot of water in there.

Will it be like 6 episodes of them getting there and then 2 of them being there or something?

I guess either he'll show up once in a while or he'll leave to explore Ooo.

I didn't catch that the first time. Nice.

For now, at least.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Now that the end is in sight, I think they're free to go wild rather than constantly play it safe.

I think either there's another scientist and that's who Susan was contacting in Reboot, or Gross fitted her with that implant a long time ago but she wandered off and was forgotten about.

I thought the same thing, Islands would have fit a lot more towards the end of the show.

But there are still a whole lot of plot threads they could rap up, and even then they could just do episodes about the characters or wacky misadventures and stuff.

Are they finally gonna start going on adventures and not spend the whole season making episodes about high school tier philosophic theories and """""lore"""""?

honestly it hasn't really been like that since season 6 I think. well the show still has lore but it's being used in cooler ways I think, and they've mostly pulled their head out of their ass on the deep stuff.

season 7 was pretty good.

Shit, I didn't even notice the G on it.

It's always a risk with Adventure Time. My motto has always been closely guarded optimism. I find that is the best way to enjoy the good and deal with the bad.

Depending on how well done you thought Stakes was you'll probably be at differing levels of hype for Islands.

Possibly.