I fucking give up whenever he shows up in a book

I fucking give up whenever he shows up in a book.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

With the exception of the Busiek Avengers run?

I agree wholeheartedly OP.

I never thought about it before, but I think I do too.

I dont think I've ever read a Kang story that made complete sense

OP you're not the only one

Kang just invites a bunch of pseudo science bullshit that needs to be made up to have his master plans try and make sense

Member when Bendis tried to write Kang?

Was that when he was Doo from the future but from an alternate earth that was the curretn earth but not anymore?

Heroic Age? When the Avengers needed to prevent some war between him and Ultron to save the timestream?

I really liked Remender Kang

>hating kang
fucking casuals

what happens next?

Would have been a fantastic story if they managed to hold onto Acuna for every issue.

Maybe it's for the best that Fox has the rights to Kang. He would just confuse black people[/spoiler}

I member

Only tangentially related to Kang, but I used to love this as a kid.

fake spoiler]
seriously read the comic

I really like Busiek Kang.

God Sunfire shows up and fights God Kang. Havok and God Sunfire combined manage to defeat him. Kang loses his God Energies but manages to escape into the timestream again.

What's up with him and Janhate?

They had him for the vast majority. And when he did leave he was filled in by Mcniven so....no complaints there.
....oh wait...Larocca did an issue or two didn't he? That's pretty shitty...

Stern's Kane is fine.

He's not bad. He just wants to take over the world.

Kang just nuked Washington DC and his armies are basically winning. Kang asks the world governments to surrender, but he doesn't care about them. He wants Janet, the acting leader of the Avengers, to be the one to sign the articles of surrender. The Avengers are his greatest foes, they're the ones he truly wants to beat and at the same time the only ones he'd be glad to be defeated by.

He's one of those characters who has A LOT of potential but isn't used right. Similarly to Vandal Savage (and both share quite a bit in common with one another).

Though I liked the young Kang in Avengers: Children's Crusade.

>at the same time the only ones he'd be glad to be defeated by
Kang Dynasty was Kang trying to go out with a last hoorah.

Dear god, is that one of those holographic foil covers?

I love comic time travel, especially with characters like Kang and Per Degaton who just don't give a fuck what happens to the timeline.

>thunderstrike warmachine, you're out of time!
>except you usagent, I LIKE you

you know it baby, god I love 90s gimmick covers.

>Not-Thor
>Not-Captain America
>Not-Iron Man

you know, I really don't miss the 90's

oh the Irony...

Time is a flat circle

lol

Larroca didn't do anything with kang.

IT was all Acuna and McNiven for the entirety of the Apoc Twins.

>tfw Celestials are so powerful Havok can handle being thrown into a star no issue but gets his face burnt half off by Exitar.

Ayo, hol up.

I like Kang, specifically because there is a .0001% that anybody could turn out to be Kang.

The Council of Kangs is an example of why exactly I love this character.

I've only read two Kang arcs, and these are them.

You're telling me is isn't normally this based?

>mfw

Time travel really is the fucking worst power for a villain from a narrative perspective, there's no way for things to not be retarded as soon as it's in the mix

God this shit is so disgustingly 90s I kind of want it ironically

His face kind of looks like Trump's here...is the time traveler theory true?

USAgent is mentioned, too, but it kinda melds into the background. I had to stare at it for a bit.

Shameless thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU

Me too, but I give up MY ASS.
FUCK ME KANG

Who owns movie rights?

the fux at Fox.

Fox, because he was once Rama Tut?

Also because he's both Nathaniel RICHAAAAARDS and an alleged distant descendant of Victor von Doom.

This has always been marvel's flaw. Their villains are almost all shit.

Kang's power set triggers my autism. How does he lose to the heroes every time? Cant he just erase them from history? Why hasn't he just conquered the universe yet?

this
isn't he from the 40th century or something like that?

Yes, as in affimative?

Usually he's a third rate Doctor Doom knockoff, with extra paradox due to his past, future, and alternate selves Immortus, Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion, and Iron Lad being thrown in.

>Cant he just erase them from history?

That would be too easy. Also when he tries that shit, like he did on the Inhumans not too long ago, it fails due to reasons.

Busiek Avengers is probably the last good Avengers run we will get without significant changes in both Marvel and the comics industry itself.

warriors honor, or something like that. he prefers to triumph over his foes in their prime.

a recent avengers story had Vision kidnap Kang as a baby, so Kang killed all of them in their cribs since if they were gonna play dirty so was he. They only survived because a further future Kang pulled them outside of time. things started to get wibbly-wobbly and in the end Vision relented and returned baby Kang to where he belonged

Kang's a weird example because his own personal history is so fucking screwed up that he doesn't "belong" anywhere in time anymore so he's the only guy who can really reliably change the timeline without causing a branching reality split like when Rachel Summers or Bishop tries to do the same thing.

>warriors honor, or something like that
His entire point of time traveling is because he's bored with the future and seeks a challenge. Wiping heroes out at their most vulnerable defeats the whole purpose.

Also,

Englehart>=Busiek>Remender>Stern>Thomas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bendis

But then he woudn't be conquering them. It would be unsportsman-like.

>completely failing to understand Kang

Kang cares what happens, as long as it benefits him.

He was born in the 30th century, went forward in time to the 40th century where he conquered them, then went back in time to ancient egypt where he became a pharaoh.

It's weird, because logically Kang should NEVER loose; he can always just warn a previous version of himself and then he never makes the mistake the causes him to loose in the first place, or he could call upon effectively infinite resources from other places and times to overwhelm the Avengers.

Except he doesn't because in his mind that's not "fair play"; he only uses the resources and abilities of ONE version of himself at any given time (on purpose anyway) because otherwise it's not really an "honest" conquest to him.

WE WUZ KANGS AN SHIT

Y'all have a link to Busiek's Avengers?

Not quite. He was born in the 30th century, went back in time to Egypt to become a pharaoh, then went forward to the 40th century and conquered it as Kang.

Along the way he ran into the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom and also split off an alternate timeline version of himself, the Scarlet Centurion, who may have gone off to rule the Squadron Supreme's future.

Wuz/is/will be/might be/have been/always are/are in the process of becoming/also are a mayor of a small town in the USA when he wants to not rule his empire sometimes.

No, he was right; conquered the 40th, then went back to Egypt. Then he went back to being Kang, then Rama again, then Immortus. Scarlet Centurion was sometime in between.

>conquered the 40th, then went back to Egypt.

No, he went to Egypt and became Rama-Tut before conquering the 40th century as Kang. He went back and ruled again as Rama-Tut much later, after most of his Silver Age battles with the Avengers.

I clearly posted the wrong page, but I still remember him conquering the future before becoming Rama. Which issue/story are you citing?

Fantastic Four 19 vol. 1 that introduced Rama-Tut, and Avengers Forever in the issue with Kang's history. Becoming Rama-Tut was his first act after building his time machine.

How does a man from the 30th century conquer the 40th? Wouldn't that be like some random guy from 1000AD popping up now and trying to take over the world?

I think its more like a guy from 32ad popping up in 2016ad and saving the world.

The 40th century was devastated by war. Kang stepped into the power vacuum.

Wasn't Apocalypse ruling ancient egypt as a pharoah too? How did these two not butt heads?

>why did you even rope me into this?
>because he roped me into this!

'ancient egypt' covers a period of like three thousand years

bomb number three...

They did actually. After Rama-Tut was desposed, Young Apocalypse took over. And Ozymandias was once one of Rama-Tut's underlings that got turned into stone by one his timemachines exploding. Read Rise of Apocalypse.

I dfon't know if it makes it better or worse but they ended up fighting their Not-not counterparts.

About 3070 to be specific

Pussy.

Because he's Kang the conquer, mugga!

but user, he is sciens-ish and magic. ...No, you are right, it is always stupid.

Kang actually tried killing Apocalypse when he was the Pharaoh Rama-Tut, but since this is sticks and stones era Egypt, Kang failed to do so as he couldn't actually track Apocalypse down. And as you would expect, Rama-Tut's tyranny and attempts to find and kill Apocalypse actually what directly lead to ol' Pockylips to become Apocalypse in the first place! Chronologically Apocalypse becomes young Apocalypse just after the FF sent Rama-Tut back to the future, when he encounters the future tech and shit and his mutation kicks in, or something like that.

The story isn't particularly well written since it's the 90s, but the gist of it is that because lol timetravel and self-fulfilling prophecy, Kang ended up creating the very guy who he tried to prevent from ever existing.

alternate timelines. Kang IS the ruler in some timelines, he never succeeds in 616 cause that's the timeline where the heroes win.

Because by the 40th century, society had devolved into barbarians using technology created centuries before that they didn't know how to use. Think Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Kang actually knew how all the technology worked, and with his charisma, battle prowess and tactics he rallied the soldiers of the future under his banner.

indeed