We all know that he tries hard to fit in with black culture. But do black people even like Tarantino movies?

We all know that he tries hard to fit in with black culture. But do black people even like Tarantino movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/user/ur0650655/
youtube.com/watch?v=Gy9Fun9CuZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes, the do. except for the uppity ones like spike lee

Who doesn't like Tarantino movies

Anyone with taste.

List your top 10 films

I did when I was a teenager. Now I have taste.

1 Vertigo
2 Citizen Kane
3 Tokyo Story
4 La Règle du jeu
5 Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
6 2001
7 The Wild Bunch
8 Man with a Movie Camera
9 The Passion of Joan of Arc
10 8½

i didn't know google lets its AI post in 4chins

>I need 10 highly rated movies quick!

This guy
imdb.com/user/ur0650655/

>I am convinced that Quentin Tarantino, at some point in his charmed life, sold his soul to the devil. There is no other way to explain how someone with such limited talent, lack of vision, poor taste and apparent bloodlust can, not only find huge success in making movies, but earn an astonishing amount of critical praise as a genius. He turns out unmitigated junk like KILL BILL (Vol. 1 & 2), and the only possible, logical reason for it being embraced is that Satan has stepped in and worked the blackest of black magic. QT had better enjoy his success, because someday he may have to pay.

>Okay, if Tarantino wants to indulge in his little S&M fantasies, that is his business. What is disheartening is the way people -- filmgoers and professional critics alike -- have been seduced into not just tolerating Tarantino's sadism, but to applaud it as well? DOGS centerpiece is the totally unnecessary and illogical kidnapping of a young policeman who is subsequently beaten, tortured and mutilated, for no apparent reason other than because it amuses one of the psychotic characters -- and, one can presume, Tarantino himself. The director stages the torture sequence like a comic musical number, complete with rock background music and choreography; casually topping it all off with the young officer's murder being the punchline of a joke. "That's entertainment!" seems to be Tarantino's pathetically cruel message.

hipster or 90 year old

Ok your turn to post top 10 :^)

does Tarantino have autism? His face looks like he literally has some form of autism

tarantino has only made 8 films so far :^)

Then name Lady Snowblood 1 and 2, he stole from those for Kill Bill.

In no particular order:

A Time to Live, A Time to Die
The Color of Pomegranates
The Spirit of the Beehive
Le Diable Probablement
Days and Nights in the Forest
White Men Can't Jump
Johnny Guitar
Black God, White Devil
Pulp Fiction
Distant Voices, Still Lives

His movies are just glorified gorefests and he kills alot of white people in them so why not

just because tarantino went to films and wears his influences on his sleeve doesn't mean he's a plagiarist m8

>this criterioncore entry level faggot thinks he's special because he doesnt like tarantino
Tarantino is underrated by film snobs, he's pretty good

This fucking pleb board holy shit

>pulp fiction is my favourite movie

Growing up in the ghetto and knowing alot of dirty niggers I could tell you that no Tarantino movies are too long and need atleast a reasonable attention span to enjoy. Look at a movie like Friday or Soul Plane and think would the people who unironically enjoy these also enjoy Pulp Fiction?

t.third year film studies undergrad

was that the only movie you recognized pleb?

If this post ends with the number 5, i kill myself tonight

rolling.....

This is actually a pretty good list, but it seems like Pulp Fiction and White Men Can't Jump are bait picks

Not worth it lad

You wish you were a patrician

>do black people even like Tarantino movies?
Hey, pal... Black people are humans too.

>black """""people"""""

Because black people always win in them

looks like they like it to me
youtube.com/watch?v=Gy9Fun9CuZ4

I swear I've discussed him with Dre at work, but I can't specifically remember. He likes him, though.

One of my teachers at the time of PF's release was black. He mentioned that there was a ripple in the black community about him using the n-bomb in the line "dead nigger storage." I can't remember if he fully sided with them, but you could tell it bothered him on some level. He was generally pretty fair-minded and analytical, though. The issue to him was that QT wrote the line for his character to deliver, therefore it seemed like he was trying to see if he could get away with it, which implies that QT understood that it was "wrong" for him to say. Unlike, say, a white guy like Action Bronson who might use the word without any malice because he's from a neighborhood and profession where it is not a "hurtful" word and is said casually all the time.

Of course, before QT said it in the movie, Jules said "He had a weight problem, but what's a nigga gonna do, he's Samoan." QT wrote that, too, so not sure how that factored into the whole thing.

Anyway, that aside, I'm pretty sure black people like him at least to the same ratio as whites i.e. mostly.