Eventually Disney is going to make a live action Aladdin. And they can't use Robin Williams...

Eventually Disney is going to make a live action Aladdin. And they can't use Robin Williams, so who do you think they should cast as the Genie?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/aladdin-sequel-no-go-for-disney-as-robin-williams-refuses-use-of-genie-voice-recordings-in-will-a6726846.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-UL0CDMhjj4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jack Black

Jim Carrey. Otherwise known as less talented Robin Williams.

Tyler Perry.

Just get the guy from the live show

Just dig his corpse up. Disney has a thing for beating dead things.

Whoever did the voice in the TV series.

>And they can't use Robin Williams
Why not?

Stop

Dan Castellaneta. Yes, seriously, Homer.

They can't.

Theres a clause in Williams' will that bars 'any further usage of voice recordings and likenesses that had not yet been made available to the public through earlier releases such as the three home media releases' for 25 years.

They were actually working on a live action Genie prequel until this happened. Ditto a fourth animated movie that would have used scrapped recordings.

Hey, I'm just sayin. He's black in the Broadway version, they'll want a comedian, probably a "big" one. So, Tyler Perry. Are there any other big black comedians?

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/aladdin-sequel-no-go-for-disney-as-robin-williams-refuses-use-of-genie-voice-recordings-in-will-a6726846.html

Here we go. So yeah, they'd have to make it a completely unrecognizable new version of Genie. In which case why bother?

/thread

This
youtube.com/watch?v=-UL0CDMhjj4

Lavell Crawford

Mite b cool.

Then, how does the Broadway plays get away with it? There must be a gray area here, they can't just revoice/recast the role?

Reggie Watts

>Eventually Disney is going to make a live action Aladdin
Hasn't this already been confirmed?
And didn't they cast Hugh Jackman as the Genie? I could swear I heard that a few months ago.

They will get Dan Castellaneta for sure. I mean he's close? Minus the improv skills.

Seth rogen