twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks Youtube.

its becoming too CGI tbqh

>Jon lost weight since then
>Arin gained weight since then
really makes u ponder huh

If you mean by YouTube, then yes.

really does makes me think

If you mean youtube animations, yes. It's moving more towards daily updates and focuses on how long you watch, rather than if you liked it or whatever. As such a weeks work for two minutes of video is a huge timesink when a days work for a days update will net you more viewers, for longer, and you'll show up more on search algorithms. Youtube, right now, is toxic to the animation side as it forces you to churn out cheap and low quality crap as fast as possible just to stay afloat. It's Hanna Barbara for a new age.

Outside of youtube, not so much. Netflix is taking risks and getting bigger projects. Network TV is stagnant but still producing work. And, of course, animation is the only real competitor to Superhero movies at the box office currently. It's all CGI, but it's animation, and it's thriving.

>Jon lost weight since then
If you say so.

No.
Sup Forums just pays attention to the wrong part of it because muh lore and muh fetishes.

Didn't you watch his Howling II review?

He absolutely did, are you fucking blind? He's not fit by any stretch but he's still probably a solid 30 lbs down from that era.

Google was a mistake.

Man just has an eternal fatface.

youtube.com/watch?v=BfxlgHBaxEU

This.
It's really growing in France and it seem to also be the case in Irland and Italy.

I'm more surprised at how the hundreds of dollars of video games in the room they're photographed in on the OP, which used to be in Arins basement, have since been moved to a studio they only go to to film Grumps

Must be pretty sad when your hobby becomes your job

>Must be pretty sad when your hobby becomes your job

It's what pays the bills, so what can ya do?

thats because his mom took one to much thalidomide

Marriage comes with complementary weight gain.

I miss Newgrounds era Egoraptor.

Now he's just another shithead youtuber.

Where is his hair

No.
Its just turning into crap.

his waifu got fattu

I wish you were dying.

Well, everything is either fan-animations of video games and movies or imitating the writing of basic cartoons/anime.

If you want good stuff you can't look at youtube, you need to look at actual art.

He keeps it tied back.

Good for Jon.

Reminds me of Mike and Jay

Define art.

It sure as hell ain't this shit, but what are you saying? Should we go to a museum?

Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

Past Arin and Modern Arin are almost two different people.

Isn't that typically how growing up works? It's been like half a decade at least.

>Jon = Ice Cube
>Arin and Game Grumps = Dr. Dre and the rest of NWA

>Arin/Dre and Jon/IC had a major disagreement that led to Jon/IC breaking off from GG/NWA
>Jon/IC moved to New York and went on to do better content (new JonTron videos, Ice Cube's first solo albums)
>meanwhile Arin/Dre stayed and watched as NWA/GG get engulfed by greed and Jewish control

It's only a matter of time until Arin puts a hit on somebody for making him look bad.

>Define art.

Intent, audience and (something else that I keep forgetting).

But there are good animations out there. I'm recalling David O'Reilly, Don Hertzfeldt, priit parn, Hell anything outside of hollywood and youtube. Google animations of different countries and there is a whole world of it.

To elaborate on what I mean by 'go look at art': there is no point in watching stuff that is just imitations of cartoons/anime, which are imitating real life in most cases.

Animation is a media to present context, not for just storytelling, and the problem with youtube animators is that they either have "lolol funny" type of content, (which we don't need more of) or are following the trendy types of narratives (trapped in video games, fantasy adventure world, etc).

It's important that animators have conceptual context behind their work, stuff they are investigating, stuff they are interested in (or depressed by) beyond the animation itself. That way the animation has actual depth to it. Because just animating a joke leaves the animation at just that, a joke.

look around surreal animations or existential animators like Julia Pott, Marc James Roels, and Emma De Swaef.

tl:dr, youtube animators lack conceptual context in there work and you just need to find one you are interested in and find artist/animators from there.

No, because videogames still exist and are very popular.

It looks like he's balding.

Does that fatfuck ever shave?

>receding hairline
>goes ponytail
>Cant get rid of his double chin as much
>literal neckbeard

The neckbeard is the part I'll never understand. That shit is so uncomfortable that I shave the moment I feel it

>is animation dying?

No, you're just getting older.

Yes

also, he's not fat anymore.

>literal neckbeard

Arin has a scar on his face from an accident, the facial hair is to hide the scar.

Unfortunately he got the scar because he bashed his face into a toilet seat while he was violently vomiting from a virus he got from a convention, so cred lost either way.

at least oneyplays exists

Animation hasn't died yet, although it does routinely enter eras of malaise

>they bought a studio
>to film Grumps
>a show that's just audio on top of gameplay footage
What the actual fuck

why is he so bald

They also do live work, in addition to Danny and Brian's Ninja Sex Party Music, Ross's animations and Suzy's... whatever the fuck it is Suzy does. There's also editting equipment for the game grump and steam train videos.

I miss old Arin. That's why I like the Uncharted 4 let's play with Chris.

He acts like he acted back in Jon grumps.

Jon knew how to reign Arin in whenever he started going off.

Danny doesn't, or can't, reign Arin in and just lets him do whatever he wants, and thus we have present-day Arin.

Roasted by Miyazaki...really what did they expect, though?!?!

What do you mean? You don't like screaming people playing video games or commentary channels?

when will he release something btw?

Dan isn't all that funny and Arin is running out of material to do on his own, which is why there's countless instances of the same stories and same jokes being retold over and over.
Not to mention literally just shouting memes.
Jon and Arin played off eachother like an actual comedy duo.

Arin lives in LA where you drive everywhere.
Jon lives in NYC where you walk everywhere.

Also Jon is an alcoholic and they tend to get skinny because you feel too sick to eat.

>It's Hanna Barbara for a new age.
Oh fuck me, why didn't I see it earlier?

>Netflix is taking risks and getting bigger projects

50 Korean-outsourced Dreamworks movie spinoffs don't seem like particularly daring projects to me, user.

Nearly all of Netflix's exclusive animation deals are DreamWorks cash-in fluff.

>I miss Newgrounds era Egoraptor.

After going back to watch some of his stuff I do not. The Awesome series is only cool if you're in middle school.

No, more like Filmation.
Dude, we debunked this, more then once actuality.
There are deals they made with IG & TMS so that is going to change.

Also, I just leave this here, when TV animation was not garbage.

>Danny = Snoop Dogg

It makes so much sense...

>There are deals they made with IG & TMS so that is going to change.

Fuck off TMS Fag.

in before "I'm not him" response

in jewtube yes, in the other sites that always had animations, no.

>That was not from him,

And you would know how...?

You make the same response every single time you are called out. "I'm not him" "That was not him." It's your fuckin fingerprint.

Piss off.

That was not from him, also Mir fucked things up so badly that IG & TMS had to show up to fix up Mir's fuck ups.

>TMS posts
>Gets called out
>doesn't check the spoiler text which anticipates the reply he uses every time he gets called out
>replies with that canned response
>checks spoiler texts he realizes he's exposed
>deletes reply
>too late, already called out

Yeah, TMS fag. Nice fuckin try. Go watch Tiny Toons or something and eat shit.

No, he has never done that.

You're delusional, seek help.

That was not from him was the thing.
Reply was deleted because of a typo.
Thats was not a canned response.

>It's the TMS guy again

If you're trying to spread appreciation for the animation studio you're autistically obsessed with, constantly bringing it up in every thread regardless of whether its appropriate is having the opposite effect.

People are fucking hating TMS because of you. How about you just give it a rest, for god's sake.

That has never happen.

>webm

There is nothing to this. It's trash.

You're worse than Barneyfag.

No, it is not trash.

Tokyo Kids is trash, TMS is excellent.
Nobody in Sup Forums is worse then him.

Explain to me why it is not trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=lKi34AGMVlI
youtube.com/watch?v=xMaaIu23crQ

In short, TMS>StarToons>Wang>>Akom>Kennedy>Freelance>Encore.

You've been called out, TMS Fag.

It's time to leave and go ruin another thread.

No, that has not happen, you're just mis-blaming someone for someone else.

Seek help.

It bothers me that Arin used to be at least somewhat attractive but he has just been degrading heavily in recent years. Even fanart nowadays loves to emphasize his new ugly features, a lot of GG Animateds are unwatchable now.

>went on to do better content
Look, I hate Game Grumps, but JonTron is no better. He sucks and he's always sucked.

>alcoholics tend too get skinny
On what planet? Where do you think a beer belly comes from?

Alcohol has a lot of calories, yes, but when I went on full-on several weeks long benders, I would eat at best 1.5 meals a day.

No, despite the retardation that is the Cable Trintiy cartoons are still popular, if not gaining popularity. Gen X, Y and Millennials have an attachment to cartoons that previous generations didn't. The introduction of anime and y-14 and adult animation during the late 80's and 90's likely helped this, since they now had animation during their teenage/20
s as opposed to just children's shows.

Additionally the 2nd world is beginning to really enter into the market with Thailand and Malaysia both having an animation industry that is beginning to pick up speed. S.Korea is beginning to get away from just being everyone's sweat shop and producing its own works.South America seems to be building up something other than simple bargain bin rip-offs. India is also beginning to get into the business.

Thicc Suzy a best, can't wait for her to be morbidly obese in a few years

The Japanese are fucking weird lmao. They're talking about cartoon and animation physics and he's getting triggered like some autistic pissbaby due to some life experience he had. So this is that Miyazaki you all hail huh? His style if the shitty anime style. He's almost as bad as Lasseter in terms of people that get praised too much.

I don't care what the animation looks like as long as it fits the story you're trying to tell and is somewhat fluid. Whether it be CG, Flash, Toonboom, traditional, or the whole package like Gumball. It all should be serving your story and characters, and Japanese style for the most part doesn't take advantage at everything. Just the same copypasted shitty designs and tropes. Almost as bad as it is over here, but at least we have variety.

The way their algorithim works means that short videos make a hilariously tiny amount of money, meaning people like PsychicPebbles are spending more than they earn by making videos.

Whatever, most of the animators are assholes with inflated egos so it's not a huge loss.

>So this is that Miyazaki you all hail huh?

He's basically Japanese John K.

There's only 1 "correct" type of animation and it just so happens it's his way of animating.

Oh yeah I forgot about John K, he's pretty shit. His art style is just weird pointless shit for the sake of weird pointless shit. Nothing is clear or coherent and it's just an eyesore. George Liquor is a fun character though.

Yes.