Has a cartoon show ever died/got fucked over by hiatuses this quickly...

Has a cartoon show ever died/got fucked over by hiatuses this quickly? Even Gravity Falls got over half a season in before the mulit-month hiatuses kicked in.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gravity_Falls_episodes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one should make a cartoon on Disney XD.

Seriously they're fucking Disney. We know they have the dosh to make great cartoons.

Why is their TV division so shit?

has swampy gotten over the election yet?

Is 09/10 Worked Day/Wilder West still the newest episode?

If it is, then when the fuck does the hiatus end?

Serious question, what is it with Hiatus's? It's not just Disney XD but Cartoon Network that does them as well. If they contributed to higher viewership I'd understand but it seems like they result in lower viewership and make everyone unhappy.

yeah what the actual fuck.

incredibly poor scheduling
even the shows that are made ready with a season's worth of content struggle to be made for a proper schedule, and never get reruns
i don't know why cartoons these days are made off the fly rather than what cartoons did for years before

As far as I'm aware, it's the studio and the network butting heads when not enough new episodes are ready. It used to manifest primarily between seasons, but today's airing schedules are weird and are causing problems out in the open where everyone can see it.

There are a number of reasons for it. One reason, and the one Disney in particular subscribes to, is artificially extending a season. PnF fell victim to this, in particular in the later seasons. Another reason is it released in the later half of the year where you are dealing with the holiday schedule, so you hold off until the new year. The final reason, which Disney doesn't subscribe to but CN certainly does, is the "bomb" concept. As an extension of the binge watching trend produced by streaming the "bomb" concept is an attempt to replicate this for television. By holding back episodes you can release them all at once, theoretically garnering greater attention.

According to the wiki, Murphy's Lard is about Milo and Zack helping Melissa get over her fear of roller coasters.

>even when GF was not on hiatus we still had to wait 3 weeks inbetween episodes

/gfg/ was like the wild fucking west, nothing will ever compare. You kids have it so easy nowadays.

>i don't know why cartoons these days are made off the fly rather than what cartoons did for years before

wot

Why would Milo willingly go anywhere near a roller coaster?

Didn't Gravity Falls go on an over month long hiatus after the first two episodes?
Which I guess is exactly what's happening to this show.

cartoons just seemed to have more consistent scheduling
now its a bomb and a hiatus every other month

nope

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gravity_Falls_episodes

the first big hiatus is after Summerween

Yes, it is. I remember someone posting a thread about November 25th being a new episode. Guess it didn't happen.

i miss Wander over Yonder.. im crying right now I WANT WANDER I HATE DISNEY EX D!

Here is how DC reorganized itself and XD back in 2014.

GF was originally on DC. Star was planned to air on DC as well. A numbskull executive decided to move all the cartoons to XD for two reasons. One was to make DC an all girl sitcom channel. Second was to make more advertising revenue because DC gets all its money from cable fees so whatever succeds or fails on DC, they lose nothing. XD uses advertising so they make more money by fucking viewers and moving these shows to XD out of greed.

After GF ended, XD's ratings plumetted. Everything is weak.

In the end, Disney ended with short term gain.

Their idea to move all cartoons from DC caused another problem. DCs ratings are plumetting because of over two years of nothing but corny ass girl sitcoms...

Because he's a good friend and wants to help Melissa overcome her fear.

Source? just curious, I don't see enough discussion on the actual Disney Channel.

I can't get past how boring this show is

they have Weird fucking Al, how are you so dull!? Almost every joke is some OH HO LOOK HOW SELF AWARE WE ARE.

>Neither Disney Channel or Disney XD have ads for products besides those owned by the Disney corporation
>Only exceptions are the "proud sponsor of disney channel" ads that play infrequently and rotate, including go-gurt and even fucking portal 2
>Only shekels do TRULY be made are off of self-promotion and subscriber rates for Disney XD

Wasn't the entire premise of Phineas and Ferb about being self-aware? Just doing the same general plot episode after episode and gradually riffing on it over time?

That got old too

fast

I always assumed it was some misguided attempt to compete with services like Netflix and Hulu.

>that music
>comfy dialogue
>fucking WEIRD AL
i am literally suffering

There is almost nothing to discuss. Like anons said, it's mostly girl sitcoms. See picrelated

>It's my world and we're all living in it

What did he mean by this?

all those live-action shows and the only one remotely worth watching is Girl Meets World, but even that has its flaws and most of its fans want it moved to Freeform anyway