After 3 seasons of BTAS, he became pettier in TNBA. All he do is avoiding problems instead of trying to fix it...

After 3 seasons of BTAS, he became pettier in TNBA. All he do is avoiding problems instead of trying to fix it. I assumed the writers can't handle his character anymore.

that's how he was in the comics in the 90s

Nightwing is in my top ten favorite Sup Forums characters, and yeah, despite loving the hell out of BTAS, they handled him terribly. Hell, Arkham Knight and now Arkham VR seem to be continuing the trend.

I suspect some writers, or at least some people with pull, love Batman as the dark loner so much that even the idea of Dick/Robin/Nightwing made their hateboners harder than diamond. They just vent my either writing him shitty, or having terrible things happen to him in their adaptations.

He was written as angry at Bruce and wanting to make his own way, not a petty asshole who got cucked by his own 'dad'. It just screamed of the writer desperately disliking him to the point of hatred, and just venting. It happens in fanfiction all the time, in all franchises.

he was an asshole back then
he didn't even show up to check up on Bruce after he got smashed by Bane and only showed up to complain about Bruce choosing JPV as the new Batman (offer he wouldn't have accepted anyway because fuck Bruce)

He was a petty asshole though

That's why Dick "stealing Bruce's niceness" is just a shitty meme somebody is trying to push
Can't steal niceness if you're written like a jerk for years after you actually come back

Did you remember to read the tie in comics?

it's irrelevant since no one remembers those times anyway
meanwhile the YOU ARE FIRED DICK, panel gets spammed in pretty much every Batman thread

What are you talking about? He was great, he even managed to cuck Bruce by fucking Catwoman. They were going to have their own show but WB denied it. Probably butthurt Brucecucks.

havent read it yet, but why?

The Batman Adventuers: The Lost Years is a six issue miniserues set in the continuity of, and is considered canon to the DCAU version (which I assume OP is talking bout).

It covers the split Bruce and Dick had in greater detail and develops them (as well as Babs) a little more. You also get Dick training with tibetan monks in a pseudo-Discowing costume.

DCAU comics have never been canon

Fuck that shit
This is why I hate the anime series

>check on Bruce
after all the bs Dick goes through why would he?

what bs?

Timm and Dini wanted to use him for JLU but couldn't.
It should be noted that Timm has mentioned he regrets underusing Dick as a character since at the time he was less then familiar with him (he just thought he was a "lesser" Batman without even the distinction of being a sidekick) and wanted a few episodes of JLU focusing on him to flesh him out more and give him more to do, but due to DC's incredibly stupid franchise embargo rules no Batman characters could appear on JLU other then Batman himself.

Timm has fully admitted he likes O'Neil's Batman the most (where he was sidekick-less and Dick was more going to college and doing NTT stuff and Batman did solo stories and mysteries that have in some cases been COMPLETELY lifted to make B:TAS episodes) and thus didn't like Dick so much and never followed the growth of his character through the 80's and 90's.

Nightwing DOES come to check on Bruce after Knightfall (in Batman's own comic) and offers to take up the cowl.
He instead discovers Batman has instead selected a mentally unstable former villain of his he met barely a year ago to replace him and told Dick to fuck off because he doesn't need him.

Batman later mentally admits that he dislikes the idea of making Dick become him because he's proud of who he is as Nightwing and wanted him to be himself rather then feel forced to become Batman out of obligation, and was scared that Dick would fight Bane and what happened to Bruce would happen to him too.

Of course this being 90's/early 00's Bruce he showed this by being a cold-shouldered asshole and telling him to fuck off.

Wasn't that by Dixon, the most famous Nightwing writer?

TNBA were kind of shit honestly

Best part was Roxy Rocket. And Babs acted sexier, although I liked her curvier design better. Not that I minded the little grey mini skirt.

To some extent, you could say that most DC and Marvel comics are fanfiction, though. After all, it's written by someone other than the original creators of the characters.