Why didn't he walk in, look confused and disgusted, sniff a few times and then ask, " Is ... is that, piss?"

Why didn't he walk in, look confused and disgusted, sniff a few times and then ask, " Is ... is that, piss?"

Other urls found in this thread:

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/science/toolbox/xray_detectors2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v4seDVfgwOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not polite to question people on their preferred drink. For all Superman knew, that senator drank piss on the daily.

Maybe it really was peach tea.

Cause Lex scienced the smell away.

He probably assumed someone pissed themselves out of feer when he walked in, so he thought it was best not to bring it up.

This Supes doesn't give a fuck about nothing

He stood right there and acted like he didn't notice a bomb in dude's wheelchair with his super hearing and X-ray vision

He just doesn't fucking care. The whole world could be coming to an end and he would just stand there and frown like a douchebag

>tfw the most powerful being on the planet walks in but you just have to chat to your friends

Clark's super sense of smell is so powerful, he can smell the piss from inside human bladders. Anytime he talks to someone, he has to block out the smell of piss and shit emanating from their disgusting bodies. In a crowded room like that, an open jar of piss wouldn't have made a difference.

Probably can smell piss all time, any public toilets nearby, those last couple of drops that you tried to get out for them only to come as soon as your pants are back up. Superman has his super smell turned off 24/7 because it's not a nice thing.

What would he have said if the bomb hadn't gone off?

Also, why did Lex blow up Mercy?

Why couldn't Superman detect that the wheelchair guy was gonna fart?

o
Then what's the point in having it if you tune it out?

Because Snyder hates us

Sensory overload like what happened to Zod in MoS. You know we tune things out naturally too?

>"I knew chipotle was a bad choice"

>he just dodges over it
HA

how would he hear the bomb if it wasn't ticking?

Yeah but zod learned to maintain a balance eventually and what's the point of having these senses if they're just gonna say "oh it's too much" kinda defeats the purpose if they only work when it's convienient for the screen writer.

Superman doesn't kink shame people because he isn't a judgmental asshole.

He doesn't chose to have his powers, and noone wants to smell piss all day.

>In metropolis city centre
>Super fight breaks out
>Get scare and start pissing your pants
>Superman smells it
>Super speed cleans and dries your pants before anyone even notices

Superman is truly the greates hero ever.

>Yeah but zod learned to maintain a balance eventually
Yeah, he learned to tune everything else out like Clark said.
It's not like Superman NEVER uses them, he just has to have a reason to be sniffing everything.
Besides, why didn't everyone else smell the piss then?
I like to think it really was just peach tea.

Could Superman smell Lex's fingerprint on the jar of piss?

How did Lex get so much piss?

mfw if he was he would've won

Why he didn't crush the bomb in his fist and absorb the whole blast into his palm?

Face it, Superman was the bad guy

How powerful are Superman's farts?

How do you think he flies?

It's baffling that no one would think the chair was lined with lead. It's crazier to think they cut that bit out from the theatrical cut, but maybe they gave people the benefit of the doubt and thought they would be able to think for themselves instead of nitpicking and having things spelled out for them.

Lead in the wheelchair, blast caught him off guard.

Is this man larry king?

And Lex knew Superman couldn't see through lead because...? Because Snyder is a hack?

Same reason Batman knew about Kryptonite.

user, you fucking dolt, in the real world lead shielding stops x-rays.

This could have been an excellent superman scene Have him see the worried look on the Senator's face. Her glance towards wheelchair guy. Then just as he explodes, the camera zooms in on Superman. And he's in bullet time. It's too late for him to save the people closest to the blast, but he claps, diffusing the shockwave of the explosion with one of his own. Rushing for the rapidly expanding fireball, he grabs the bomb, flies it through the roof, and tosses it skyward.

When he returns, the Senate chamber is empty. He looks baffled, drops out of bullet time, and flies outside when he hears the screams. Everyone he left in the chamber had already been evacuated. His only hint: a flash of lightning quickly racing away.

Where were the bomb sniffing dogs? Where was the TSA pat down? Why would they even let the guy keep his own wheelchair at a senate hearing with security that high? They'd give him a loaner.

Lex probably supplies the TSA with all their shit. And it was hermetically sealed and encased in lead. If Superman couldn't sniff it out, neither could dog.

Not him, but I didn't know that.

THERE- that's the exact face he should've made when he walked in.

Have you never been to a dentist?

He knew about that from lex doing tests, are you implying lex knew zod couldn't see through lead because he examined his dead eyes? That's stupid.

Let's get real, superman's X-ray vision doesn't literally use X-rays, he can see colour and light through walls not just people's skellingtons and outlines of objects. No one should've assumed this and lex shouldn't have risked his plan on it, on the off chance he was wrong Superman could've noticed and foiled everything.

Xrays not seeing though lead is a real life thing.
Its a precaution that lex would haven taken regardless and the most important thing is that
Clark didnt see it coming. And Superman isnt fast enough to stop an already happening explosion.

>mostly I hear good things

Funny part is that Snyder said that HIS Super doesn't use it for anything apart from Lois because of the horrors that he hear across the world.

Superman's X-Ray vision isn't literal x-rays you dumb fucks

He doesn't use it for his mom for some reason either

It wasn't just "Hey I'll cover it with kead so he won't see" It was also a matter of hte mind games. Lex was playing with Clark's emotions on a miniscule level, not just by having he whole ordeal orchestrated, but with the explosion too

r e a l q u e s t i o n s

Daily reminder that taking Eisenberg's character as-is and turning him into Gordon "Glorious" Godfrey, and changing the Senate sub-plot into a media war between Godfrey's new media punditry and the Planet's traditional media, completely fixes BvS.

Making it so that Pa Kent was replaced by Darkseid himself shortly after the "You are my son" scene, completely fixes Both films.

I didn't even read this whole comment. NOr am going to. You people have become so obsessed with Superman eing the perfect Hero. I mean in DCyea he should be. But in the DCEU, why? in myopinion, DCEU supes is a lot more human thn superhuman (mentally), and I like it. I like it a lot.

>He doesn't use it for his mom for some reason either

Luckly Lex brings his mother from Kansas to right there where they are fighting, just so Batman can save her.

Yes, given superhuman abilities and powers, we would all stand by and watch our family members die senselessly "because something bad might happen if we act".

We've heard it all a hundred times, and it hasn't grown more convincing since.

We know, we know. You (or the user in question) fixed it yourself.

And that's depressing to think about.

I can only take credit for the Godfrey half of the equation.

>Pa Kent, Luthor, Perry White and Jimmy Olsen have all been replaced and are on Apokalypse.

>Lex is Glorious Godfrey
>Pa Kent is Darkseid
>Ma Kent is Granny Goodness
>Mercy is Amazing Grace
>Jimmy Olsen is Doctor Bedlam

>Also, why did Lex blow up Mercy?

Lex

Is

A

Bad

Person

Are you so retarded that the bad guy doing bad shit triggers you?

A few times, but never for a X-ray.

his x-ray vision is literally x-rays though, they show it in that scene in MoS, nice stupid headcanon you got

He got a room full of his most unhygienic employees and had them fill the jar.

Well I mean it's just a fact, so not knowing it doesn't make you unintelligent or anything, but I'm surprised you've gone your entire life so far without hearing that.

Not him but one question is why would Supes just be X-Raying things for shits? In the comics when he uses it, it always seems to be a deliberate choice based on some suspicion he has.

Not that user, but how does Lex know it's literally x-rays?

the same way anyone can detect x-rays

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/science/toolbox/xray_detectors2.html

why dont you ask how does Tony know how to build a suit of armor despite us never seeing him use any other technical know-how before that? How does Luthor know how to make a Bizarro clone in the comics? We never see him go to school to learn that information?

You people who need every single thing spoonfed to you are absolute idiotic faggots

serious question

did the guy know his wheelcchair was gonna blow? did lex fill him in or just used him? i thought the latter but he closes his eyes in this still

It actually answers this in the extended cut: no. Lois goes to his house and finds that he just bought groceries.

>"Why is there a fucking chimp wearing a police uniform?"
Jesus Christ, I knew Snyder let Raimi direct a scene, but how the fuck did Warner Bros allow that to make it in?

ah fuck, totally forgot about that. thanks EC.

So would that mean if he landed in the middle of the jungle and a bunch of monkeys threw their feces at him all at once he would be overwhelmed by the sudden and intense stink and pass out?

>i like to think it was peach tea

i like to think it was just one of many piss jars lex keeps in his closet. some being mercy's.

>Funny part is that Snyder said that HIS Super doesn't use it for anything apart from Lois because of the horrors that he hear across the world.

Well that explains things a bit.

You didn't watch Man of Steel.

Pretty much this

because bombs contain many moving parts that do move fun fact that ticking sound shown in movies was a real thing when bombs had oversized watches in them but now its all digital

Newest Deus Ex has a bomb maker that went back to that technique because bomb scanners in the game scan for suspicious looking circuits.

yeah cause the smell of piss through fat and skin wouldn't be as strong as it being 10 feet away right

yeah i too grew up with powers and decided nah fuck my dad who cares if he thinks he can play linebacker with a tornado

or if my mom suddenly screams fuck that bitch but if lois's heart rate pitches from even a mild scare im there

yeah that really screams human to me

Cut scene was him going into that room. Why else was he wearing a transparent raincoat.

are you really bringing up a completely separate topic on Sup Forums's weekly snyder hate thread

dude grow up

thats actually pretty cool I wonder if time will ever get so advanced old techniques become more reliable

>real X-rays
>shows colours, textures through walls

Because his bad shit has no point to it. Lex's badness serves a goals, it's not just lolrandom cake stealing.

Nice reaching.

When does he see colours and textures through walls? Pretty sure the only time we see x-ray vision from his point of view is when he sees people's insides in MoS.

He did, but that scene was cutted for being too dark.

Was Lois in danger? No, so who cares.

I love that you can tell he is still learning to be Supes in this clip. He jumps over it to dodge it but then it blows up the building behind him, and instead of being like "yeah I meant for that to happen" *Puts on sunglasses and doesn't look at the explosion*. He full turns around and is like "oh shit, I probably should of stopped that.". He's been Superman at that point for like a day and half, and yet we all expect him to omnipotent and all knowing of each and every consequence. You interpret this scene as "he just doesn't give a shit" and I think that's why you don't enjoy it, he's clearly learning.

Should've put emphasis on the "learning" stuff instead of making it confusing about if he actually cared or not. He turns around but also there's a massive explosion behind him, it could be understood too that he turned around like "oh shit there's an explosion behind me" instead of worrying about civilians.

Cinema is communication and when you communicate you have to make your message as crystal clear as possible, otherwise, the message will be muddled, the idea won't arrive to the other person as you intended. He or the editor could've added a scene where he goes "oh no, the civilians" or "i was too careless!" or some shit like that, I don't know.

The fact that a lot of people think that Superman didn't care tells us that the message wasn't clear enough. When you are in the business of making movies, delivering messages and ideas through a screen, and fail in delivering the message across it's your fault, not of the fucking audience.

Too further add, one of the reasons great directors are praised is because they are good at focusing the attention of the audience at important stuff rather than just expect the audience to get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4seDVfgwOg

"The audience is too dumb" and "they should've understood it" is too lazy and the fact that Snyder and the guys that follow him around think they're too smart to care about this kind of stuff and focus on pointless shit like religious imagery that sounds "deep" makes me have nothing but contempt towards them.

Point I was making is that it was obvious. He didn't make a big song and dance about it, but it was certainly there and observable to anyone watching. You don't need to be a mightier than thou type of person to point that out. It's fucking there, jesus.

Yeah I can see a lot of "caring" here.
Or maybe he's just looking at the massive explosion that just happened there.
I don't know. It's not clear.

I thought you were talking about the actual Detective Chimp.
You meanie.

A lead lined wheelchair would have been heavy as fuck and extremely noticeable no?

Like if you were Superman and you couldn't see inside such a seemingly innocuous object, you'd assume someone was trying to hide something and investigate.

This is the same guy who didn't care there were people shooting rocket launchers and firing mounted miniguns in a city and only popped out to crash Batman's car and tell him to stop help people

>Or maybe he's just looking at the massive explosion that just happened there.
He jumped over the Truck to keep focus on Zod, if the explosion was expected or he didn't care he wouldn't have turned around at all as it left him open to attack which Zod took advantage of instantly.

>Like if you were Superman and you couldn't see inside such a seemingly innocuous object, you'd assume someone was trying to hide something and investigate.
He wasn't trying to see inside it, do you people really think he goes around scanning through everything that comes across his eye?

>and focus on pointless shit like religious imagery
But they didn't focus on it at all, there is only 2 moments of religious imagery in the entirety of Mos, the church scene and the cross pose in space that is less then 2 minutes out of the entire film.

Oh wow, did that scene go that much over your head?