Will Mr. Robot do a good job as Freddie Mercury?

Will Mr. Robot do a good job as Freddie Mercury?

This film has struggled to get off the ground, Sasha Baron Cohen was supposed to be Freddie but he dropped out, then they got that guy who played Q in the Craig Bond movies, now they've got Rami Malek.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XssPitrqOXM
billboard.com/artist/277241/queen/chart?page=2&f=379
officialcharts.com/artist/21275/queen/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They should just let it die because no one can play him, he's like Bruce Lee

No

Can't wait to find out how he was actually helped to stardom by a black queer transtavist mactivist

will a meme actor be good at interpreting a meme singer?

yes, also, fuck brian may

Someone said this when it came up before, but we can already see from a look at his jeans why he can't measure up to Freddie Mercury.

>Sasha Baron Cohen was supposed to be Freddie but he dropped out

Yeah because Brian May is a bigger faggot than Freddie was

i know queen, but nothing about them just their music. what did brian may do?

He thinks the movie should be about Queen as a band, focusing especially on the period after Freddie Mercury. That's why Sasha left the project

>“There are amazing stories about Freddie Mercury. The guy was wild. He was living an extreme lifestyle [of] debauchery. There are stories of little people with plates of cocaine on their heads walking around a party,” Cohen said, before adding that was exactly the kind of thing the surviving members of Queen didn’t want depicted in their biopic. “It [becomes] a less interesting movie, but you’ve got to remember that they want to protect their legacy as a band, and they want it to be about Queen. And I fully understand that.”
However, the actor admitted to Stern that he should’ve listened to the warning bells that were going off right from the start. “[After] my first meeting, I should never have carried on because a member of the band —I won’t say who— said, ‘This is such a great movie, because such an amazing thing happens in the middle of the movie.’ I go, ‘What happens in the middle of the movie?’ He goes, ‘Freddie dies.’ I go, ‘So you mean it’s a bit like ‘Pulp Fiction,’ where the end is the middle and the middle is the end? That’s interesting.’ He goes, ‘No no no.’ So I said, ‘Wait a minute. What happens in the second half of the movie?’ And he said, ‘Well, we see how the band carries on from strength to strength.’ And I said, ‘Listen, not one person is going to see a movie where the lead character dies from AIDS and then you carry on to see [what happens to the band].”

Blown the fuck out hahaha.

What upsets me the most about all this bullshit about "the band" is thats its just two fucking people at this point. brian May and Roger taylor are both pretty talented musicians, but they're not the powerhouse force behind Queen. No one remembers the songs they lead vocals on. Even their bassist, who retired with dignity and doesn't do this shit, is more important because he wrote Another One bites the Dust, and everyone knows that song.

i didnt realize queen did shit after freddie mercury died. he has kind of an iconic voice to replace

They did fuck-all until the mid-2000s, toured with the guy from Bad Company, then some guy from American Idol. But yes of course the Freddie Mercury story needs to be about them.

Freddie Mercury was a gay Indian/Iranian immigrant, I think that's enough diversity without needing to shove some into the story

I think the film SBC wanted to make would have been great. This looks rubbish.

I'm surprised its being made at all really. Queen are a bit like football (soccer), big everywhere except the USA. Apparently they sperged out at the I Want To Break Free video.

I like Brian May's work on Queen records (when Freddie was alive) but I wish he'd just call it a day.

We've got enough interviews, documentaries and footage like this anyway:

youtube.com/watch?v=XssPitrqOXM

>Queen are a bit like football (soccer), big everywhere except the USA.

Was going to trash you but the only person I know that likes Queen outside of the hits is my ex that is an obnoxious anglophile. You were born in NY and your parents are from Boston, quit talking like an asshole from London.

BRUH

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

OH NONONO

Shoop the just in

Baffling isn't it. Half of London wishes they were born in NY.
I guess its the same with weebs and Japanese teenagers.

28 singles in the US chart's Top 100 over the two decades of their main run:
billboard.com/artist/277241/queen/chart?page=2&f=379

What's interesting about it is the later stuff didn't chart well - all the big hits from The Works album (Radio Ga Ga, I Want To Break Free, etc) barely broke the top 40 - and the stuff from Highlander (A Kind of Magic, One Vision) didn't go over either.

Their first Greatest Hits album still holds the record for number of weeks spent in the charts though. Pretty much everywhere at that too.

UK charts:
officialcharts.com/artist/21275/queen/

It's the live stuff where they hit it big - playing huge events/tours to hundreds of thousands, often in places that nobody had tried before like Sth America and eastern yurop - even got fined by the musicians association for playing in South Africa during apartheid. They literally made Live Aid work almost all by themselves.

I can understand the band's frustration with the focus on Freddie. They all wrote the songs, either individually or collaboratively - still the only band where everyone has written a No. 1 single IIRC. Making Mercury only half the picture is wrong though as their stuff since his death really is only worth an epilogue, though perhaps a long one touching on the influences he and they had on the rest of rock.