No luck on Sup Forums so i will post this here

No luck on Sup Forums so i will post this here.

Should i watch the Walking Dead tv show?

i read the comics after i played the telltale game and i really enjoyed it though i stopped reading after they left the jail.

The weird thing is i never got around to watching the tv show. Should i jump in or am i wasting my time? should i just go back to the comics?

No

Well if you've got the time then watch it, a lot of stuff is different from the comics though.

If you've got the time, go ahead and watch it.

It's not the best show ever but it's not the worst either.

There are some rough episodes(read: boring) but power through them because they're almost always followed by really great ones.

If you've got any more questions feel free to ask

yes, is a good show, some shit is just like the comics, other shit is totally different but still good.

What are the major differences?
Why was everyone so upset at the newest season?

>What are the major differences?
The show extended the length that they stayed at the farm
a few characters died earlier than their comic counterparts
due to a shitty showrunner, the Governor storyline was nearly ruined because he rushed it. luckily, the new(and current) showrunner managed to salvage it)
The show also likes to remix events from the comics sometimes.
Some groups in the comics were expanded on a bit more in the show or changed a bit, most of the time in a good way

>Why was everyone so upset at the newest season?
some people didn't like how brutal the premiere is(but stuff from earlier seasons was just as bad in some cases)
some people don't like Negan
some people don't like the pacing(which the last 2 episodes fixed)

what are the best/worst seasons?

When it's good, which isn't often, it's really good. When it's bad, which is the majority of the time, it's really bad.

I gave up on it in the first part of last season, as I felt could be doing a million other things more worthwhile with my time than watching bad TV drama with zombies (like shitposting on 4chins). But I may go back to it once it finishes up and I got nothing better to do.

I would say just stick to the comics. They stay pretty consistent, with both their quality and release schedule. Probably the only Image comic that has managed that.

Best:

Season 1
Season 5(other than a few episodes in the first half)
Season 4
Season 6
Season 7A

Worst:

Season 3(has a few really good episodes though)
Season 2(it was slow live but if you're binging it it's better)

You stopped reading at a good place.
Just don't bother with it any longer.

Both the show and the comic are victims of their own profitability, and have adopted the same circular storytelling that the longest-running Shonen Jump products use.

At this point the entire series is "group of humans gets stressed by Zombie Apocalypse, starts acting in KUH-RAZIE fashion, fucking over Rick's plans, while zombies shamble in the background".

The show used to be a thrilling, suspenseful and fresh take on the Zombie genre, now it's just rote formula to milk cash with minimal effort and cost. Black and White comic with crummy art, show with real world sets and their well-stocked warehouse full of zombie outfits for background shot.

I mean, there are people who will buy into this shit forever; look at shows like The Simpsons or M.A.S.H. But there's nothing left to see here.

I stopped after the prison as well. It's whete most everyone stops.

Read Invincible instead, the comic that Kirkman still cares about creatively.

I mean, he'll never stop doing Walking Dead, he only has to jot down some silly plot and dialogue while on the shitter, and they back a truck full of money up to his house.

But creatively he's clearly bored with it.

Watch a superior zombie show instead.

The entire premise of humanity going mad and feral on each other is idiotic. Sure, you'd have an odd few that snapped, and maybe even one or two clearly insane people would manage to cope with madness well enough to survive for a few years.

But the idea that societies would cohere around them is simply stupid and unbelievable. There's really no scarcity of resources or supplies. With maybe 1 in 10,000 people still alive (at best) there's excessive amounts of everything laying around, and only the menace of slow moving mindless creatures who are less dangerous than a dog individually.
You could literally break apart stairs, live on the second floors in a town, clear and board up the lower floor entrances....
Once the initial horror wears off, it's really not THAT awful, compared to a post-nuclear scenario.

But we are supposed to accept that 1 out of 100 survivors turns into a Batman villain and everyone happily joins up with his gang.

It's getting really gimmicky

I mean the cringe was intentional at first but now it's just fucking weird and awkward sometimes. My dad gives me weird looks when I watch it.

>tfw the 100 turned to shit in Season 3

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted I guess

Watch Season 1, it's a good entertaining few hours. Don't watch any of the rest of it though, it went to trash pretty quickly.

>Bellamy's actor straight-up told people to stop caring about his arc because it only gets worse
Wew lad

Second half of Season 4 is fucking 10/10

You're dad has shit taste and you being influenced by him makes you weak.

I dunno I can't stop thinking what the actors must be thinking sometimes, like that Inuit rapper chick rapping about the seires events while the cast semi-dances to it.

Oh that was one thing.

Yeah. Skip pretty much all of season 2 minus the mid season finale and last 2 episodes.

Best:
1, 4, 5 (except the hospital shit), 6, 7 so far is pretty good
Worst:
2, 3

holy shit are you me? or apparently our opinion is objectively superior.