Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Poe Dameron #9

>Rebels 3.10: "Visions and Voices"
mega.co.nz/#!3ZkDkbaZ!19XhZ6GuUT4Jrsrn5u70pEv7GS0gEn5-XwmYo4IfN-A

>Rebels Recon #3.10: "Visions and Voices"
youtube.com/watch?v=_DdvEeemqPI

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/ed

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YVH-Series_battle_droid
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is she, /swco/?

Okay OP... I'll trust you

karen traviss > dave filoni

stay mad plebs

Fuck you, Vaz.

Does this bit in the opening crawl of ANH describe the events of Rogue One?

Rebels Recon Girl, Qt or not?

>tfw no grievous gf

My issue wasn't really Anakin having a high midicholorian count being indicative of him being "the Chosen One", as that's effectively the same as Anakin being merely "strong with the force" or somewhat unusual in some respect. In terms of plot dynamics the two merely serve the same purpose: communicating to the audience that Anakin is a big deal and justifying it with diegetic/in-universe elements.

I rewatched Qui-Gon's explanation from TPM and in his interpretation (which I believe the film asserts as "right" or at least the standard understanding of midicholorians) he calls them the prerequisite for life as well as indicators of a connection with the Force. My basic issue with this is that while their presence does not change how the Force works instead it comes off as a little silly and a bit unnecessary, meaning that there was really no need to go into detail about the Force and biology.

That raises another question, however, mainly by what standard are we critiquing Star Wars? As science-fiction/fantasy, a hybrid genre, the line between "silly" and "serious" is often blurred. Ewoks are silly, Wookies are not, both are furry aliens. Ultimately this may end up being more due to a personal reaction, since midicholorians don't end up being particularly relevant in-universe itself.

That also opens up a whole 'nother can of worms: we don't know if the absence of midicholorians or their lack of importance in the PT is due to fan/creator backlash against their inclusion in the first place.

Who?

I would imagine.

Yes

New rough draft is in. Thoughts? Ideas? I'm thinking the design and layout is going to need some revamping

You mean Grievous bf, surely?

Andi?

Yeah

Girl from OP

I miss her anti-Jedi, Clones did nothing wrong and deserve to be loved stance that she had.

Andi for QT.

Andi a cute.

A CUTE.

But I don't know what to think of the character based off of her.

Just noticed I fucked up Cliegg Lars again

QT

wtf padme has a sister?

Vader has a sister in law?

Luke has a blood aunt?

I feel like this is just going to tempt to people to shitpost more.

Not a fan of the nose piercing.

You'll get it someday.

It's weird to think that Luke and Leia have blood cousins. I feel like Lucasfilm completely forgot about them.

They aren't on the Skywalker side so nobody cares

This.

If anything, they MIGHT get exposure in a novel or comic book

You mean "discuss" more.

But I believe in dudebro Vos

Even if he ruined Ventress

I would kind of be up for Leia figuring out she has relatives on Naboo, Luke might just not care. That is if they survived the Empire and didn't all decide to move to Alderaan.

There are huge Rogue One spoilers out on Reddit now

>retchid hive of scum and etc etc.

>Luke might just not care
Luke is a caring person. He would love to meet his family if he knew he had one.

Why would they go to Alderaan?

Whelp, time to abandon thread

Clones are loved and in fact did do nothing wrong
Mando iron is stupid as shit though

>retchid

Install spell-check

The only "canon" source that confirms Padmes relationship to the Naberries is Star Wars: Card Trader.
Then again, the Databank calls her Padme Naberrie and Bloodlines calls her Padmé Amidala Naberrie.

Lol Krennic's death is amazing if antaresdaha posts are real. Perfect follow up to catalyst

Deleted scenes of Attack of the Clones where Padme takes Anakin to meet her parents.

You know, for those sick Alderaan cloud beasts.

Spoilers leave

I hear Alderaan is quite beautiful this time of year.

The most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

I think the AOTC deleted scenes with them are still canon. If nothing else, they're seen in the funeral procession in ROTS.

nope

Don't you wanna have FUN?!!

I think I would base canonicity off of that scene rather than a deleted scene. We technically don't know if they're related, but given the intent of the deleted scene and their presence in a canon scene we may make an educated guess that they still are.

A S K P A B L O

They're obviously Lucas' intention so it's extremely likely that the Story Group considers her cousins canon. This is on par with the Delegation of the 2,000 which technically doesn't appear in ROTS but is obviously canon since Lucas intended it to show the seeds that led to the Rebellion.

Hell yeah.

># hot hot
>#hot bot
>#bot bod

I wouldn't go that far. It might be canon, we don't know. We only know what it was intended to be. Basing something's canonicity on a deleted scene is risky business.

Rig Nema

I don't know if I agree with that, mostly because new canon has clearly pointed out that everything has midi-chlorians all the time as without them there isn't just no life at all in the wider sense, as in midi-chlorians helped create it, but you need them to live. Everyone has the Force within them, so everyone has midi-chlorians. As everyone living has the Force they can even use it, even Han, but subconsciously. Just because they have midi-chlorians doesn't mean you can consciously hear them or knowingly use the Force within yourself. Having more of them or less of them does not alter things. Force Sensitivity is key to using the Force.

It is, nevertheless, true that Force Users have far more Force energies within them but thus far nothing I am aware of indicates that this is achieved by simply having more midi-chlorians. If you could remove all midi-chlorians from a person they would die, but if you somehow increase them they don't necessarily become stronger.

Savage Opress would be the interesting case to study. We saw him being given a massive dose of Living Force energies (or what appears to be them) but we have no indication that this in any way added to his midi-chlorian count.

this is autism.
cut it out.

and fuck filoni

>and fuck filoni
Oh but I have

>We only know what it was intended to be.
The story group considers all of Lucas' intentions (unless they contradict canon) to be canon.

>new canon has clearly pointed out that everything has midi-chlorians all the time as without them there isn't just no life at all in the wider sense, as in midi-chlorians helped create it, but you need them to live.

That's pretty much what I was saying, midicholorians as a prerequisite for life aren't the cause of life. They're necessary components for life to exist, they're not sufficient for the creation of life.

In Savage's case, since he was the product of a Nightsister ritual (and they don't seem too terribly worried about midicholorians), I suppose his additional Force capability would be the ongoing effect of whatever it was Talzin did to him. That raises an interesting question if she is extending some part of her own existence or power into him, much like how she was able to hang around as a pseudo-physical force-ghost long after her body's physical disappearance, or if she's just using voodoo to metaphysically increase Savage's innate connection to the Force (ignoring whatever biological component might or might not exist).

In general, Nightsister magic raises a shitload of questions. Mace and Dooku have implied that it's heavily based on illusions but it's hard to take their word for it, especially when a lot of what they do has clear physical effects.

>It is magic, bitches, I do not have to explain shit

I have a headcanon theory that "illusion" is the Story Group's byword for concepts similar to "maya" in Hindu myth/religion, insofar as the real world is held to be maya or composed of 'maya' and ultimately illusionary. So the Nightsisters are able to effectively manipulate the physical world via distortions, the nature of the illusion is not that the image isn't real, but rather that the material they are manipulating is superseded by the underlying principles of the Force.

If this is similar to how it works in canon, then the key to undoing the illusion would be to realize how the Nightsister is working her art on reality rather than understanding that one's senses are deceiving one's self.

Not sure at all if this is how the story group actually understands Nightsister magic or if they are actually just basic illusions that manipulate a person's perceptive faculties.

"Its a long way to Alderaan"

It's clear the Nightsisters use the Force, at most they use an "aspect" of it not used by the Jedi or Sith (according to the latest Recon). To top that off we have Dark Disciple that goes into greater depths on how they acquire their powers, in this case by cutting part of a giant sea creature whose body is chock full of tasty Force energies which they have learned to extract before it can dissipate (become one with the Cosmic Force).

From what we've seen the Nightsisters may not actually draw on the Force from their own bodies as Jedi and Sith do, rather they utilize Force energies from other sources to perform their magicks. Be it energies from a fish monster, stolen from Force Sensitives like the Dagoyan Masters, or even vampirically drained while Talzin possessed Dooku's body. They are incredibly powerful but require a extremely powerful power sources to provide them these energies. Presumably they'd still require some degree of Force Sensitivity in order to tap into and direct these energies, but since they can create Force Users this wouldn't necessarily be a prerequisite anymore. Once they learn to create them in ancient times they can make any Nightsister able to use the power and don't rely on people being born into it. They still can, of course, but it is no longer necessary as long as any of them remain who can use the power.

>Working titles for this episode included "Dark Blade of Dathomir" and "The Boy Who Cried Maul."

Ha! I wish they'd kept that last one even though I can see why they changed it.

I cam get behind that

theres has reason there referred to as "witches".

It seemed more like they use the force like a tool in your hands rather then draw of it from within.

they take it and shape it rather then create it.

>ET EES MAJEEK

>Poor Little Sith Lord 5:
>The Boy Who Called Maul

IT'S PERFECT.

What, as in Ezra booty calls up Maul?

Also in the phallic imagery in the rock formations behind them Maul is clearly larger than Ezra. Robowang is very much canon.

I don't mind the witch part personally given we have had other names for Force Users that aren't Jedi or Sith. The Dagoyan Masters merely rely on passive use of the Force for visions rather than using it for powers as the Jedi and Sith do.

I bet you anything Agent Kallus was assigned to author the debriefing reports on the Inquisitor's deaths. That meant he had to go through their personal belongings, and that meant he had to read and classify Seventh Sister's slash fanfiction about Maul teaching Ezra "the ways of the Dark Side".

>"Why's it called slash-fiction, Kanan?"
>"Because there's a lot of downward thrusts, Ezra, don't read it."

>Seventh Sister's slash fanfiction about Maul teaching Ezra "the ways of the Dark Side".
Good thing he has not yet discovered her self insert fanfiction, where she does horribly lewd, unspeakable things to Ezra.

Here's a little hint - someones butt is getting pounded and it's not hers.

Is it safe to jump from The Thrawn Trilogy to the NJO?

My goal here is to get to post OT stuff published after the PT was released as soon as possible. So post 1999.

so wait:

did maul know anakin before he became darth vader? or did he know ahsoka before malachor?

He knows Ahsoka. They fought during the last days of the Clone War on Mandalore.

>did maul know anakin before he became darth vader?
How is this relevant?

I don't think he ever met Anakin prior to his becoming Vader, but he definitely met Ahsoka. She was leading the Siege of Mandalore and fought him face to face.

Anakin was watching from the ship when Qui-gon and Maul fought for the first time leaving Tatooine

I wouldn't. You should really read the Young/Junior Jedi Knights, X-Wing and Wraith Squadron, I Jedi, and the first few books after.

The NJO has a large cast, and unless you only want to read like five chapters of each book, and skip some entirely, to follow the OT cast you will be missing a lot of great stuff.

It's all worth reading, even the bad stuff, if only to appreciate the better. Don't rush. Pace yourself and enjoy it. At the time I didn't like the NJO because of how different it felt from other SW fare, but these days I look back on it fondly. Everything after it is the beginning of authors self destructing the setting because they couldn't let go of Luke, Leia and Han and pass the torch.

>Ahsoka pulls off his pants with the Force revealing his robot legs
Geez, Poor Little Sith Lord truly is canon.

>Everything after it is the beginning of authors self destructing the setting because they couldn't let go of Luke, Leia and Han and pass the torch.
Why does Sup Forums have such a hate boner for Legacy of The Force. Lots of other people seem to like it.

Someone pissed off those 8 Jedi and Sith so badly that they're all teaming up against them

What in the hell did that person do

>Hondo and the No Good Rotten Terrible Very Bad Profit

Told them that their waifus are shit, of course

And this time they won't let him pull the "you can't hate me, I'm a loveable scamp!" card.

Or so they say but they can't stay mad at Hondo

...news to me, I had no idea my opinion was widely shared here.

As to why; they killed off 80% of the next generation, including both Solo boys, gave Ben Skywalker an antagonistic/rough relationship with Luke, took the guys wife, destroyed and rebuilt the New Republic several times, dabbled heavily in the stupid 'Grey Jedi' shit that was stupid when a bird-Sith taught it and is fucking stupid now Bendu, and basically made the OT trios lives hell from the NJO onwards.

Losing Chewie was acceptable, in the same way losing Han was in TFA. Losing a certain someone important was unexpected and tooks years of me not wanting to bother with the fandom to get over, but now in hindsight was a brave choice. The NJO I can enjoy for what it is. But fucking Swarm War Trilogy onwards was utter shit. I mean, fucking Daala as Chancellor? Really? The Legacy comics are the only thing after the NJO I can respect or like.

>stupid ass next generation, especially the force kiddies
>Ben "wah Jacen wah" Skywalker
>MARA 'Sue" JAAAADDDDEEEE
>Lame ass Republic
>stupid 'black and white Jedi/Sith morality' shit.
>stupid ass torture bird
>Fuck leia, Fuck luke, han is cool
That motherfucka became one with the force fuck you and the gungan dick you rode in on.

This ended abruptly as fuck.
Maybe it's becuase I knew one of the big deaths going in, but this trilogy was kind of overrated.

The first book was great, but the other two were more hit or miss.

Or maybe my first time reading a non stand alone EU story gave me fatigue.

Still 1000000x better than TFA of course.

I-I'm sorry user, whatever I said, whatever triggered that post, I didn't mean it. We can help you. Honest. Here, have a qt.

Who's the robot skeleton?

Homer Simpson, sir.

One of your Skeletrons from Sector 7-G

skeletor

You know, it's been like fifteen years, so I honestly don't recall. That said, it's likely a YVH Droid, or Vong Hunter-Killer, designed to counter the alien menace. Because when an alien invasion of borg-kliingon fuckers with torture boners invade your galaxy, even the Droid building corporations will lend a hand... everntually.

NJO was fucking awesome really. Jedi regularly got beaten half to death and near-mortally wounded in duels, versus dark-eldar-tyranids with snake-whips that could become solid-sharp-ended staffs that could bite. It was metal as hell.

yep

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YVH-Series_battle_droid

>but this trilogy was kind of overrated.
I think part of the problem is that it's built this almost legendary reputation as being one of the best book series in the entire franchise, which is naturally going to make it feel like a letdown. I had the same problem, I bought into the hype and expect the trilogy to be this god-like masterpiece but in the end it was just alright.

>it was just alright.
Exactly.

I had much more fun with books like Dark Lord, Darth Plagueis, Yoda DR, Kenobi, etc...

Neato. They're pretty hot.

>Twi'lek filth
>qt
Disgusting

Fuck yeah.

Oh, don't be that way. Bend her over the strategic planning table, have a few thrusts, and if she still isn't to your taste we have plenty of other flavors.

Come now, don't you at least find her dress to be artistically done? It can be artistically undone as well, you know...

Is it just me, or did they change the facial animations up in the newest episode of rebels?

Ezra and Sabine's eyes seem a lot bigger and everyone seemed to express more.

Twi'leks are disgusting.

Wow I didn't think you were racist Thrawn
That's pretty uncool, it's 2BBY man, you need to get with the times

Indeed.