Batman by Tom King

What is the general feeling for current run of Batman comics Sup Forums.

It's Batman, so we hate it. We hate everything about it. Everything Tom King has written is somehow made worse as a result.
When the next guy takes over, we'll hate that too and swear that the last run was better.
Sunrise, sunset.

way too decompressed and edgy, but serviceable.

it's Sup Forums you retard

We really like arguing about it.

I was beyond hyped for it when they announced that King was gonna be writing, and for the entire first arc I just kept telling myself "this is just a slow boil, King's gonna stick the landing like you wouldn't believe" but then it just kept getting worse and worse. I felt he really dropped the ball with the introduction of Gotham Girl aside from a few really good moments, an the I Am Suicide arc has been just baffling

Oh fuck off. This is the laziest defense of the books and it keeps popping up. First it falsely assumes everyone who dislikes this run is saying that Snyder's was good, which is false. Then it wrongly assumes that people haven'e been saying that they continue to expect better of King given his successes in other comics.

Sup Forums hates it but it's great. The main art is bad, Janin using poser and Finch being Finch but it's tolerable. Janin is trying stuff with the layouts like last weeks issue at least.

it's certainly an extraordinary rendition, but i wouldn't call it the family jewels just yet

Alright. Too much egg nog. Tonight.

I lost interest in it and most of Rebirth when it became obvious there wasn't gonna be any payoff with the Watchmen stuff until next year at the earliest. The only one I'm actually interested in seeing what happens next is Green Lanterns

This. Some faggots with pleb taste that don't understand the thematics think it's bad and others like it.

king's run would be better if he wasn't using any snyder developed characters. they should all be tossed to the curb.

>You just don't get it!

Has it really degraded to this?

>Comics are serious business.

King cannot write a fucking story in 6 issues. He's absolutely incapable. Why he is doing 6-issue arcs is beyond me. I am Suicide ends next week and BARELY anything has happened on that front, he's been too busy trying to "fundamentally change the origins of Batman" (his words, not mine). Not to mention there's so much incomprehensible stuff going on, characters doing dumb things or saying weird shit that isn't really explained.

I'm really enjoying it

>they're just shallow entertainment bro!

literally worse that tumblr

At least for Batman #12 tho, some people (not all of the critics, but some) quite literally didn't.

People shit on it right now but they'll love the run once he's off the book.

Just like with Snyder?

Pretty boring. Art is really hit or miss. Detective Comics is way better.

It's been a great run so far and miles ahead of Snyder. King is writing a definitive Batman story right now, but Sup Forums won't realize till I Am Bane starts.

They need CIA to make a cameo appearance.

Care to explain?

Bruce as a child was suicidal.

Yeah no shit. It's not even subtext, everyone knows that. But you're saying people didn't "get" the issue. What is it they didn't get?

Very mixed.
I like alot of the fun shit that he's been adding (Kiteman, more d-list villians, Baneposting) but the writing is shit. The first arc was pretty awful and the next arc doesn't sound any better especially with that benis shit tier dialogue.

not muh

What does not muh have to do with 2deep4u?

I'm still in the 'wait and see' camp. I like king, I get where he's going with the thematics but the execution has been mediocre. Most writers now take to long to reveal a plot but I get the opposite feeling from king. I have a suspicion that after 'I am Bane' the run will read better as a collected whole and not three six issue arcs with some epilogue issues.
Oh, and Duke needs to die in a fire. Preferably off panel.

It's like the Future's End issue of Grayson. Well put together but very divisive

It's been mixed. I personally like it, by I'm not that big of a Batman fan so idk. Most people on Sup Forums either love it or hate it.

Again messing with ubercanon and making batman a suicidal toddler with anger issues. almos as bad as kevin smiths bladder spasm.
AND JUST TO MAKE IT TRENDING JUST LIKE THE MOVIE, YOU GET IT? SUICIDE SQUAD-IM SUICIDE? king you are shit.

you just gave away that you didn't actually read the comic

Ah, ok, so what about his fathers blade? suicdal kid at 10yo... not just fucked up, but pathetic

The attention span of the average modern comic reader is abysmal.

Best one since Morrison's.

It's not divisive. Anyone who says that issue was bad is mentally challenged.

>Again messing with ubercanon and making batman a suicidal toddler with anger issues

Yes, how terrible he isn't written like a suicidal manchild with anger issues and cosplay fetish like usual.

explain

It's shit