ITT: Favorite x-men line up

Pic related is my favorite
>inb4 "hurr bendis run for shit"
Bendis' run is shit, but I fucking love this team

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_(Marvel_Comics)#Otherplace
youtube.com/watch?v=6vzow2BZ97A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a fine roster. The X-wimps were kinda meh aside from Tempus.

Also, I know we give Aaron a lot of shit, but I'm glad he kept Rachel away from Benis.

All the new mutants on the team were shit though other then Eva

Best roster incoming.

It's very prestigious.

>new characters are terrible
>Illyana written terribly
>the terrible designs
I am genuinely baffled, man.

Gotta ask, why them and not Extinction Team?

>Extinction Team
Is this the part where newfriends pretend Illyana was well written under gillen?

>guggenheim

it hurts

Only correct answer.

May as well have put guaranteed replies somewhere in your post.

Can it be good lads? Is it possible?

Poor wording on my part. I definitely agree Gillen's Illyana sucked, and the whole book was felling apart by the end.
But Gillen's book had the non-Bendis characters from Bendis' run, plus others. And as an added bonus, it was readable.

Of course not.
Has Guggenheim ever made a decent comic?
Has Guggenheim ever made a decent ANYTHING?

Objectively the best possible 5 X-Man unit. Anyone who disagrees is a waifufag/contrarian

> it was readable.
True dat.
Even if half of it was shitty tie-ins.

I actually didn't mind Benis's UXM all told. It had some good parts even. The Last Will is wholly skippable, and so is Peter Jackson's Battle of the five Atoms.

ANXM, however, is trash from like the 2nd issue on.

Says the waifushitter. Storm is garbage. Always has been.

>Storm is garbage.
Sadly true
>Always has been.
Hold on now.
She was fine under Claremont.
Probably the least interesting major member of the team, but still fine.

one of these

post Jean, pre X-factor split

Storm became one of the most complex characters when she lost her powers and went on her whole spirit journey arc to get them back.

I thought nightcrawler died? Different timeline?

He's been back a good while freund.

>Says the waifushitter. Storm is garbage. Always has been.

My waifu is Magik.

>having a dead person for a waifu

wew lad

>implying you can die when you're already from hell

>hell
REEEE IT'S LIMBO REEEEEEE

What makes it so good? Where's the team dynamic, outside of Scott, Emma and Magneto?

>kill people off
>bring them back
I really hate this gimmick

Then why are you reading comic books?

And he was better off dead.

because theyre fun

>fun
That's the spirit!

Honestly, I never really understood just what Limbo is. Just an alternate dimension?

The students are most of the dynamic, things really picked up with things when the O5 and Kitty joined that camp, but that's mostly shown in the Bendis All-New run.
The kids like Goldballs, Tempus, and the Cuckoos really keep the comedy relief going, but Magneto more or less abandons them at one point, Magik gets a lot of care, Emma is sort of background, and Scott is just this everlasting ongoing mental breakdown happening as everyone around him hates on him without end.
It's easy to think there's no structure, but the point is that Cyke destroyed his life as an X-Man, and no matter how much he salvages it's too late for him to be that anymore.
Death of X is the perfect companion piece.

Thanks to the advances in modern cryptology, I may have found a quick concise answer for you in seconds flat!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_(Marvel_Comics)#Otherplace

it's like diet hell. there's still demons but only a couple or of any note, compared to Hell which has nearly a hundred contenders for the title of Satan D Devil

>Nate-Who-Joke
>tfw you're one of the few Natefags on the planet.

You know how the Devil has Hell?
Well Lovecraft's Cythulhu has his own dimension too.
And Marvel's Mephisto, Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath all have their own home dimensions.
Limbo used to belong to something else, and was run by this pedo-demon named Belasco, but then a demonic monster named Darkchylde took over and got a soul, and that soul was Illyana Rasputin, AKA: Magik.
Limbo is Magik's private hell dimension, she's the devil there and her rules run the whole place.

I don't understand

specifically x-men or does x-force count?

patrician lineup including the New Mutants
Excalibur was cool too, kinda makes up for the X-factor lameness

>She was fine under Claremont.
this
She has been terribly mishandled since

It's not that hard.
Storm is a force of primal uncontrollable nature in a human form.

>Storm is a force of primal uncontrollable nature in a human form

That had stopped being a thing around the time of the Fall of mutants, after being depowered, or at the very least by the Muir Island saga. Since, you know, it's kinda racist to play her up as an aloof jungle goddess who doesn't quite understand modern life, such as hairdressers and shopping for clothing, and can't control herself properly, after living in urban cities all these years. She's matured from it, and like her claustrophobia, it's a thing that occasionally come up but it's not a defining characteristic.

I miss X-man, the fuck happened to him anyway, retconned to death?

He's getting ResurreXed

Wait really?

Holy shit that's awesome if true.

You're looking at this like a human.
Try to look at it as a mutant:
Whoever said that primal nature is inferior to modern man's creations?
Those cities she's been conditioned to see herself living in?
What is it those cities themselves exist within?
Storm permits those cities to exist in her domain and she doesn't even realize that anymore.
The claustrophobia was a fear of being contained, and now Storm has been convinced that she is contained by the man-made structures and rules of the world.
That's sad, that's not what she is.
She hasn't described herself as a goddess in years.

Freddy gud, but X-Jammers was WAAAAAY better.

Bubbles!

bubbles!

bOObies?

What happened to the gay shapeshifter dude that was on that team? He came out as gay right before Iceman did but everyone forgot since he was a shitty character.

(The new) Morph was never in the closet like Bobby was, he just had no reason to mention it until Emma asked him to use his powers to flirt with a girl.

bubbles!

he is basically admiting he is crashing Marvel with no survivors

The Blonder the team the better

Original team

Best Team!!

Cyclops = Robin
- leader of the group, tactician but with powers.

Beast = Beast boy
- Animal factor

Angel/Archangel = Cyborg/Bluebeatle
- Apocalypse gave him an advance alien self evolving armor that can re tract, making him the tech factor

Iceman = Starfire
- instead of Starbolts you get ICEBEAM, ICEBEAM, ICEBEAM!
He's virtually indestructible at full potential

JEEEEAN!!!!= Raven
- need I say more

X-Men Go

When?

SJWaid pls.
>tech factor
>dumbest X-Man to ever put on spandex

Apocalypse will turn him to a genius cyborg

>Logan being a 5' 3" manlet
'Membah when Wolverine was dah shortest X-Man other than Jubilee?

He could also learn how to stop jobbing, when he's at that.

>X-Men Go
>when?
They got pretty close with this:
youtube.com/watch?v=6vzow2BZ97A

All correct.

Could be good but Old Man Logan is stupid and should go back to his world.

Storm hasn't been written good in years, just like Wolverine.

>Could be good
It's Guggenheim, friendo.

2/10 not enough Jubilee

Supernovas is still my favorite arc this side of Morrison's New X-men.

>Wood's X-Men best team ever
fuck me

God Cyclops looks like a dingus without hair

I don't know who that is. Why is he bad?

Did you watch Green Lantern?

>I don't know who that is. Why is he bad?
He's the author of comics like Young X-Men, which range from "bad" to "how the fucking shit did this get published??"

But he's more famous as being one of the people behind the tv show Arrow who loudly defended the Ollicity ( Oliver + Felicity ) relationship and is pretty universally blamed for the marked drop in quality after Season 2 ( when he was left to tend shop after most of the other writers went to work on The Flash ).

>mfw I like Guggy's X-Men after Wood's run a lot and Arrow is consistently more entertaining than anything else in the Berlanti-verse

>I like Guggy's X-Men after Wood's run
Wood's run was pretty relentlessly mediocre and I don't recall Uncle Fester being on it for more than a single arc?

>Arrow is consistently more entertaining
O I C, you're just trolling. Carry on.

The animated se-
OH GOD

Incredible, how can one person be so bad at his job. I feel like they gave him X-Men Gold just so they can finally have an excuse to kill X-men.

Yeah, I hated that costume where he looked like a big blue condom.

fun arc and I'm not trolling
Flash is boring, LoT is stupid and Supergirl is the worst

Extinction Team without a doubt.

> Stare Gods in the eye until they blink.

I'll remember to include the photo this time.

>there are no snowflakes in hell
>bad
off yourself sempai

Not everyone can have superior taste. How anyone can snark on Gillen's Illyana, especially considering how Bendis treated her, is beyond me. If anything Gillen just logically expanded and progressed the characterisation of Illyana that had be present throughout New X-Men, X-Infernus and New Mutants.

Bendis on the other hand just turned her into another generic snarky Blonde and got rid of her bangs. Fucking sacrilegious.

At times I think this old stuff would look better in grayscale.

This thought flies in the face of the reality some of the best comic colorists were from this period.

Waifufags are the problem here

The GOAT

I miss Jubilee being apart of any kind of progression arc.

I missed it when Wolverine was a stocky, hairy, muscular midget.

It was shit. It never fucking went anywhere. It spun its wheels for years them Bendis backed out of it and ended on an event tie in that lasted well beyond the actual event. Fuck that, he squandered a fantastic opprtunity and he deserves to die for it.

That line up never actually existed outside the show right?

An unfortunate cancer amongst the community. Still I suppose for a lot of the fanbase, that kind of vicarious living is the only reason they get up in the morning.

Best line up: Second best line up: pic related

>Gambit smoking

I miss this

Why the hate for OML he's just an old version of Wolverine which brings the character to his old days of being an unhinged loner who does his own thing.

Pixie best girl