He's looking at OP...

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Lynch is nothing like Herzog. Lynch deals with the subconscious and being and Herzog deals with man and his relation to nature and his natural state.

"David Lynch is very interested in getting inside our heads, but he has nothing to do once he gets in there."

His goal seems more to help people get into their own heads.

Damn Sup Forums is salty today. Whats up lads?

I get this meme, how the time has passed

L
Y
N
C
H
E
D

L U N C H E D
U
N
C
H
E
D

based LUNCHED poster

Wow really activated my neurons

Lynch is shit for this reason. his surrealism is alright but then he has to force these shitty half assed narratives into it that just comes off as forced and cringey.

dear god doctor his pleb levels are off the charts

You literally have to not be watching his movies to think this way. Lost Highway and Blue Velvet both have very clear and simple messages told through theme and visuals

If you dont at least like/respect Lycnh you are plebsupreme

i love when plebs call someone a "hack" without knowing what it means

>cringy
good criticism

hot damn y'all are retarded

name someone who can more accurately visualize the visceral feelings of human nightmares on the screen than Lynch -- mulholland dr, lost highway, inland empire, all examples of this.

pro-tip: ur just bitter bians

he has the most obnoxious fanbase, even worse than the rick and morty fan base

I suspect there's some overlap

They're toxic as fuck. Just go to /r/twinpeaks.

This

They're fags

t. seen 2 Lynch films, seen 2 Herzog films

>david lynch
>coen brothers
>captain beefheart
>cormac mccarthy
>hideaki anno
>hacks
Lol people actually believe this?

Its bait

You dont say

I sure hope so... I don't want to live in a world where people genuinely hold opinions that catastrophically awful.

This gets worse the more i look at it

>cormac mccarthy

Dislike him. Writer of corncobby chronicles. To consider them masterpieces is an absurd delusion. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me.

Who gives a shit about fanbases or followers or whatever? Those all tend to be shit

Nah he's one of the very best American filmmakers of the last 50 years. He's not as "deep" as some give him credit for, he's just telling straightforward, sincere stories in an unusual way. There might be an obnoxious elitist quality to some of his fanbase, but I don't think there's much of that in Lynch himself. His movies don't really require much decoding, they hit you on a gut level with images & emotions that really hook into your memory.

His hit/miss ratio isn't perfect, but I don't think he's made a single film that isn't worth watching. "Dune" is a mess but it has its good bits

This is what a talentless hack looks like. Even Damon Lindelof is more worthwhile than pic related

you say that, but the vast majority of people in that image actually are hacks.

I'm watching Eraserhead for the umpteenth time (on TCM tonight) and have no idea, again, what the fuck is going on. But I love David beyond words.

Here's his short films.

youtu.be/IYT60M3HZ0c

Easy as fuck to get. It's about a man becoming a father and the anxieties that come with it represented by nightmare grotesque symbolism.

Zack Snyder
>JJ
>Hack
Literally what? He clearly knows how to direct, it's the writers fault.

aronofsky (subjectively)

lars von trier (objectively)

>karajan
APOLOGIZE. NOW.
youtube.com/watch?v=JKG8ZxEOdwE

It's about a father and how his fears for his child and for how it will affect his own life overall.